Topic: SGO Test Feedback  (Read 16096 times)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: SGO Test Feedback
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2005, 06:06:39 pm »
Sounds reasonable to me.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2005, 06:17:46 pm »
Forgot, we dont need instant purchasing, the turns run fast enough. So ur right, lets keep it as close to how wer will run it as we can.

Offline KBFKrotz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2005, 06:44:16 pm »
As the (un)official Romulan RM for SGO5, I would like to get some shiplist adjustments made before the real server goes live...

This stuff is all drawn straight from SFB materials (ref Basic Set R4.R1, R4.R2; Adv. Mis. R4.32, R4.40, MSC R4.0), just to point out I'm not making it up (weird FS missed this stuff...have to stick it in the OP+ thread some point if he makes any more revisions)-

Romulan ships need some YFA adjustments...

KRCS should arrive at '70 with the rest of the Romulan s-torp refits for Kestrels (the KRL, the SFB KRCS, is Y170). R4.32, MSC 4.0, R4.R1

K9RB YFA should be '72 (the SFB YFA), and the K9R is an unbuilt variant representing a conjectural pre-'70 delivery of a C9 for the Roms to convert (currently the K9R is '72, and the K9RB is '73). As an alternative, especially for campaigns in early-era, the K9R could be made available in '68 or '69, about a year or two after Klingons get the C9, and then the K9RB would be available in '70. The current YFAs are the equivalent of pushing the KHK back a year and having the KHA (an unbuilt KillerHawk prototype w/o the k-refit) come out in its place. R4.40, MSC 4.0, R4.R1

SparrowHawks get their "+" refits in '74 currently...but since we've erred to the early side of many YFAs for refits (ex. Klingon K-refits), the "+" refits were undergoing live combat testing in '72, so I would think it not unreasonable to bump them up a couple years. R4.R2

Edited as a later post...just to reiterate-
I'm a big dummy regarding NSMs and non-donor ships...disregard that crap  :smackhead:

On more of a request-side-thing, could we get crap like tugs and scouts "special-ed out", removed or deleted from the pool of eligible AI ships...Karnak missions are especially bad about giving AI Romulan priority transports for help--I know evryone wants their fill of our fine Ale, but really, there are better ways to go about it. For us, the problem ships are:

SKH [not SKHc1, which is already designated as a "freighter")
SPH(+)

Several other races (but not all) have similar ships (the G-SR comes to mind) that should similarly be removed as they are not warships and they suck and they die quick 'cuz they suck making you have to kill more stuff on your own increasing mission times for their unfortunate player wing etc., etc.

The reduced explosion strengths are nice, much less wear-and-tear on my dumb AI controlled fighters.

Thank you for your time, and please feel free to PM me question/issues regarding this stuff.

Krotz a.k.a. JadeFalcon
:)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 09:14:25 pm by KBFKrotz »

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2005, 07:14:59 pm »
Roger Dizzy, I'll set it back to 1 turn purchases and re-enable the webmap shipyard.

Might not be FireSoul's errors Krotz, but possibly edits made by others.

Can you handle the shiplist edit requests from the current client side copy Dizzy? (has the explosion force and spares adjustments already applied). That level of detail is a bit much for me to handle, I have yet to finish the kills reporting interface. Just send me an updated shiplist once there enough adjustments to merit an update. I'd appreciate it alot, thanks.

Crashed to desktop on Kar_cPatrol twice now... (Rom AIs dead on the map). I don't recall this happening with this mission before, I'll run the models checker on the shiplst tomorrow. If its OK, I guess we'll have to pull that mission.

Dave's shiplist checker report attached, looks like a few issues. It looks like some of the fighter models need to be copied from the DGH123 folder to the models folder as in the past, I do not have the installer currently doing so as I got the impression that DH was no longer doing this as models are referenced in the DH123 folder in the shiplist... I'll check this tomorrow and have the installer copy folders where necessary as in the past.

Moon model for the M-INT? WTF?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 07:31:44 pm by Bonk »

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2005, 07:17:52 pm »
Alright krotz, I need a list from all RM's on the ships in the list that arnt already 'r'ed or 'specialed' out. And I'll take a look. Some ships you dont like need to remain for AI. Just to let you know.

Afa moving the ships up and down YFA, LYA, I'd like DH's input 1st. So lets see if you can coax him into engaging you in this.

I think all rom ships get a NSM as a result of being romulan. You can take a F-CB and stick it into the Rom race and it's have one I believe. The thing I want to know is if it's donated, would it get a NSM in a non rom race...

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2005, 07:41:12 pm »
IIRC NSM's can't be used with a donated ship. (It's technically drawn from the Klink/Fed/Whoever list)

FS seems to have made refits available not when they were technically first available, but when they became "common"

Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2005, 07:47:47 pm »

Can you handle the shiplist edit requests from the current client side copy Dizzy? (has the explosion force and spares adjustments already applied). That level of detail is a bit much for me to handle, I have yet to finish the kills reporting interface. Just send me an updated shiplist once there enough adjustments to merit an update. I'd appreciate it alot, thanks.

You need to do the explosion str and spares, Bonk. I'll take care of the cuts way later in the week working from what you have given me. No need to do it piecemeal till we get a comprehensive list from all the RM's. And yes, I'll take care of all that.

huh?

And what do you mean ED has problems with ftr models in the DH123 folder?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2005, 07:47:58 pm »
It looks like some of the fighter models need to be copied from the DGH123 folder to the models folder as in the past, I do not have the installer currently doing so as I got the impression that DH was no longer doing this as models are referenced in the DH123 folder in the shiplist...

Nope, thats not it, something weird is up with the fighter models...

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2005, 07:51:38 pm »

You need to do the explosion str and spares, Bonk. I'll take care of the cuts way later in the week working from what you have given me. No need to do it piecemeal till we get a comprehensive list from all the RM's. And yes, I'll take care of all that.

The explosion strength and spares fixes are already applied in the client copy you have (see above), cool.

huh?

And what do you mean ED has problems with ftr models in the DH123 folder?

See the shiplist checker report attached to the post above, a bunch of fighter models are missing, its not what I thought though, I cant figureout why they are not there, are those stock models that I've lost somehow? (I can check a stock shiplist in my OP install to verify

« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 08:04:32 pm by Bonk »

Offline KBFKrotz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2005, 08:44:46 pm »
Alright krotz, I need a list from all RM's on the ships in the list that arnt already 'r'ed or 'specialed' out. And I'll take a look. Some ships you dont like need to remain for AI. Just to let you know.

Afa moving the ships up and down YFA, LYA, I'd like DH's input 1st. So lets see if you can coax him into engaging you in this.

No problem, just need to ditch the SKH and the SPH, as they are priority-transports (tugs), which are generally flagged as "freighters" rather than "destroyers" or "light cruisers". Otherwise we are happy with our SNP, FAL, etc., warts and all  ;)

I will PM DH about the YFA stuff.

IIRC NSM's can't be used with a donated ship. (It's technically drawn from the Klink/Fed/Whoever list)

FS seems to have made refits available not when they were technically first available, but when they became "common".

I'm a big dummy regarding NSMs and non-donor ships...disregard that crap :-[

Insofar as the refits go, check out Fed "+" refits, Klingon "B" and "K" refits, even your own "+" and "power-pack" refits...they are available at the earliest date except when the hull class comes out the year of the refit, in which case the refit ship is available the following year, as you should well know from your constant lamentations over the late arrival of the CWLp and BCp  ;D Of course, in the case of the Sparrowhawks, '72 is pushing it (the literature describes the refit as first appearing then for combat trials), but really, most any plasma player can tell you non-swivel mounted G-torps on CW-sized hulls or bigger are quite obsolescent by that point in the game...thus my request.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 09:10:09 pm by KBFKrotz »

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2005, 08:53:16 pm »
Sorry, but there is no character in the Dynaverse server database
that matches the e-mail for that forum account (bertecrabtree@satx.rr.com).
Your e-mail address for the Gamespy account used to create your
character on this server must match your forums e-mail address
to use this shipyard.

Bonk, thats what I get when I go to the shipyard. I want to allow multiple acounts to fly multiple races. So whats up here?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2005, 08:54:03 pm »
re: Kar_cPatrol - its not the mission, its the Rom list/models... the mission did not crash when I flew on the Klingon border vs Klingons.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2005, 08:56:43 pm »
I was fed and CTD upon mission start as well. Think i was closer to Klink space than Rom. Wonder what it could be.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2005, 08:57:38 pm »
Sorry, but there is no character in the Dynaverse server database
that matches the e-mail for that forum account (bertecrabtree@satx.rr.com).
Your e-mail address for the Gamespy account used to create your
character on this server must match your forums e-mail address
to use this shipyard.

Bonk, thats what I get when I go to the shipyard. I want to allow multiple acounts to fly multiple races. So whats up here?

You will only be able to buy ships on the webmap on the account that uses your fourms e-mail. Make that account your primary one.

Didn't you read this?:
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163360314.msg1122624447.html#msg1122624447

I could alternatively go back to the less secure weay I was doing it before which would allow use of the webmap shiopyard on all accounts.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2005, 08:58:18 pm »
I was fed and CTD upon mission start as well. Think i was closer to Klink space than Rom. Wonder what it could be.

What AI remained in the hex afterward?

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2005, 09:03:45 pm »
I could alternatively go back to the less secure weay I was doing it before which would allow use of the webmap shiopyard on all accounts.

Why is it less secure? I just see problems cuz I want to create a Dizzy-A, B, C, D, etc account and cant.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2005, 09:08:49 pm »
re: the missing fighter models, they are referenced by OP+4 as well and are present in a models backup folder I have.

Mind running the shiplist checker on your install to see if the fighter models are missing? I suspect its just me. (run it from your OP installation folder.)

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2005, 09:11:26 pm »
Krotz's FYA's are correct.   I hadn't changed any from OP+ 4 for the Romulans.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2005, 09:13:03 pm »

Why is it less secure? I just see problems cuz I want to create a Dizzy-A, B, C, D, etc account and cant.

You can still use your main account.

Less secure because I will know your character name and can figure out what e-mail you will use much more easliy that I can figure out your forums password. (the old system only used the character name and e-mail)...

Lemme think how I can still use the forums login yet allow the use of multiple accounts... hmmm... yes, I think I can do it, but it will take a little more work, I should be able to get that done and the kills reporting interface by the end of this week I hope...

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2005, 09:17:58 pm »
Krotz's FYA's are correct.   I hadn't changed any from OP+ 4 for the Romulans.

DH, since you say they are right, would you change them? And if so, we need to work off of what Bonk has now. So after you are done with it, I'll take it and make some ship restrictions/cuts based off the RM's cut list.