Topic: beta patch for sg5????  (Read 4906 times)

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
beta patch for sg5????
« on: September 16, 2005, 05:45:51 pm »
is there a beta patch for sg 5 or can u just log onto the test server tonight with op+????

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: beta patch for sg5????
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 06:06:38 pm »
No guarantees the test server will be up tonight. More likely tomorrow night, sorry, There will be zip files and an intalller posted when the test server goes up.

I've been working on an updated webmap this week, last night and today. I am starting the kills confimations and summaries tonight.

Preview it here: http://www.dynaverse.net/webmap_sg_sql/  (connected to The Forge db for development) It now uses your forums login for the shipyard (so login to the test and live server with a gamespy account that uses the same e-mail address as your forums account). I hope to have the kills confirmations (started on the Destroyed Ships page) and kills summaries done by tomorrow afternoon.   And the test server up... I couild start the test server sooner however though, haven't got the map and shiplist yet, but I understand they are coming soon...

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 06:43:20 pm »
map/shiplist ready tonight.

TT, if you want to play the pre-test beta, its circulating amongst the IP crowd. Scout em out and they will pass it out. Otherwise, wait for an easy installer on Sat and save yourself a headache if u arnt proficient with where files go.

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 01:13:39 pm »
No guarantees the test server will be up tonight. More likely tomorrow night, sorry, There will be zip files and an intalller posted when the test server goes up.

I've been working on an updated webmap this week, last night and today. I am starting the kills confimations and summaries tonight.

Preview it here: http://www.dynaverse.net/webmap_sg_sql/  (connected to The Forge db for development) It now uses your forums login for the shipyard (so login to the test and live server with a gamespy account that uses the same e-mail address as your forums account). I hope to have the kills confirmations (started on the Destroyed Ships page) and kills summaries done by tomorrow afternoon.   And the test server up... I couild start the test server sooner however though, haven't got the map and shiplist yet, but I understand they are coming soon...

Hey, Bonk, how is it that The Forge web application knows my email address for my GameSpy log-in or even what email address to search against, cookie???

Similarly, how does the IRC server know me, IP address?

What if any of those things change?  How will the application be able to identify the user correctly?

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 01:22:21 pm »
Dont answer that bonk till you PM me back.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 03:31:21 pm »

Hey, Bonk, how is it that The Forge web application knows my email address for my GameSpy log-in or even what email address to search against, cookie???

Similarly, how does the IRC server know me, IP address?

What if any of those things change?  How will the application be able to identify the user correctly?

You misunderstand. It does not know the e-mail address for your gamespy login, it only knows if it does not match your forums account email address. (edit: um, that's not exaclty it, see below...) The shipyard is using the forums login as well as the IRC applet page.

What I am telling you is that in order for it to work, the e-mail address for the gamepsy account that you login to this server with must match your Dynaverse.net forums account e-mail address..

The shipyard uses your forums login, then looks for the e-mail address from the SMF database, then looks in the game server database for the same e-mail address, if it finds it you can then buy ships for the corresponding character. If not, then you will get a message to that effect.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=14906.0

It uses "sessions" stored on the webserver.
http://www.php.net/session
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 03:49:30 pm by Bonk »

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 04:20:32 pm »
I get the feeling that all these players are getting a little bit ansy about not having a seriously fun server(no knock againt Bonk's or others up at present) and are really trying to push this along, and I AGREE  :( , cant wait, but will.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 04:25:37 pm »
I will be putting the test server up tonight, it will be on the stock map though, for now.

Offline Riskyllama

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt.
  • Risky
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 05:19:02 pm »
does this mean if we use different email addresses for different races we'll have issues?
Everything is sweetened by risk. ~Alexander Smith

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 05:24:04 pm »
does this mean if we use different email addresses for different races we'll have issues?

You'll only be able to buy ships on the webmap for the account that uses your Dynaverse.net forums e-mail address, so make that your primary account.

That is all it will affect though, just the webmap shipyard, the in-game shipyards will still work as normal.

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2005, 05:54:39 pm »
Sorry if this has been asked before.. haven't really followed the webmap thing.

Will all the ships available through webmap purchase be available for shipyard purchase?

The GS logon that goes with the same address I use for this is long gone, I have no idea what it was or
what the password was.

Soo basically am I going to be unable to buy certain ships?
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 06:13:23 pm »

Will all the ships available through webmap purchase be available for shipyard purchase?

The GS logon that goes with the same address I use for this is long gone, I have no idea what it was or
what the password was.

...the in-game shipyards will still work as normal.

I think you can recover your GS info with the e-mail address however.

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2005, 06:25:35 pm »

what the password was.

...the in-game shipyards will still work as normal.

I think you can recover your GS info with the e-mail address however.

Yeah but iirc they wanted the answer to my secret question and I don't remember what I told them

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2005, 09:19:48 pm »
Beta installer done. It requires OP+4, and will backup your current files. To play on another server or another mod, uninstall SGO5 using the shortcut on the start menu. Be aware this will likely change before the final server, so if you are download allergic, then wait. There will be no updates for this one, only new versions. (Bear in mind it took me 40 minutes to upload it over 31.2K dial-up.. ;))

http://www.dynaverse.net/downloads/sfc2_op/Mods/SGO5.exe

Zip files to be uploaded soon but the missions will take some time to upload. (I estimate 130 minutes).

Manual installation zip files:
http://www.dynaverse.net/downloads/sfc2_op/Mods/SGO5_Shiplist.zip
http://www.dynaverse.net/downloads/sfc2_op/Mods/SGO5_Models_siz.zip
http://www.dynaverse.net/downloads/sfc2_op/Mods/SGO5_DH123_Models.zip
Scripts to come...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 10:02:50 pm by Bonk »

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2005, 09:23:42 pm »
Took me about 40 secons to Dl so it's not bad.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2005, 09:26:20 pm »

Showoff!  :P  ;D

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2005, 09:32:15 pm »

Showoff!  :P  ;D

Well it's not hard if you know what you're doing with routers, IPs, ports, DMZs, and bioses things.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2005, 10:09:09 pm »
Just found the SG5 test map, I guess I misplaced it somewhere along the way...  :smackhead:  the test server will be reset on it momentarily...

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2005, 10:36:19 pm »
I've modified the bandwidth capabilities of the webs and ftp.

Things should be a little faster now...
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.