Topic: U.S.S Yamamoto rebuild WIP (updated Oct 8)  (Read 14523 times)

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
Re: U.S.S Yamamoto rebuild WIP (updated Oct 8)
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2005, 04:42:59 pm »
I can hardpoint here for SFC3 and write up specs as well.  But I hardpoint models after a model has been textured, so that the weapons come out more or less where they're supposed to. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2005, 02:19:05 pm »
I'm headed down the home stretch ...

but ..

for weapons:

Torp tubes (forward and aft) ..  how many ?

Phaser banks  ( located on primary hull only per TMP specs )  how many?.

We almost have the windows done.  After that it's only the registry and a few details ..  then AV will do the light maps.

If all goes well we should have this done by the weekend.
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2005, 02:22:59 pm »
My prefs?

Torpedo 'boxes' are like the Miranda launchers- two tubes each, with the capability to load and fire more photons from those tubes.

As for phasers- do the excelsor thing and splay them out from the bridge... maybe seven on each side of the saucer.

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
Re: U.S.S. Yamato Rebuild WIP (Updated October 8, 2005)
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2005, 03:08:34 pm »
My suggestion: Keep it as close to the stock design as possible, keeping in mind at least the stats given for this ship in the SFC series (and/or KA).  For KA, as far as her specs go, they are this:

U.S.S. Yamato - NX-5628
Yamato-class (experimental) Battleship Specs:

Length: 854 meters
    Mass: 1,870,000 metric tonnes
    Crew: 1,200
    Marines: 90
    Maximum Impulse: 1,230 kellicams per second
    Hull Rating: 9.4
    Shield Rating: 198.3
    Maneuverability Rating: .25/.07 1,300

WEAPONS:
    Fore: 6 Phasers, 4 Photons, 2 Ph4-equivalent Phasers ("Assault Phasers")
    Aft: 6 Phasers, 2 Photons
    Port/Starboard: 4 Phasers each

Model-wise, if any plans are to modify the model, I believe there's no need; it looks good enough.  Even replacing the launchers with Miranda-class-style Torpedo launchers (appearence-wise) would take away from the design and bring it closer to normal kitbash-esque designs of that era.  This design differentiated from the traditional simple kitbashing of the ships of that era.  Although it somewhat seems to be like a kitbash with two hulls, there's a lot of uniqueness in the design, even though it has some Excelsior-class design influences.  In an era where fans just take from the canon designs and kitbash rather than find uniqueness that can still fit into the era, the Yamato-class, although not the prettiest battleship around (and not a part of traditional Starfleet design lineage), still is quite unique.  I think the design should stay as is.

With that said, I think the model and texture progress is going very well so far.  My only pet peeve is the blue "stripe" around the rim of the saucer; It looks uneven.  I realize though that the textures are still a WIP, but wanted to point that out.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2005, 03:28:27 pm »
Thanks bud ..  I will review this closely tonight (weapons).

Also ... you are right about the "blue stripe" being uneven .. And if ya look closely so are the windows in that area.  I worked on that last night ... and added a 2nd row as well.  Hopefully, that has been fixed.  I do appreciate the input, any other serious issues like that needs to be pointed out.  We also started to detail the textures, but I was afraid that if we did too much it would get away from the TMP textures (or aztecs).  The textures you see there is just something we put togeather as best we could ( first time for TMP scratch built stuff).  I'm still working on Aztec development, but finally making some head way.

thanks for the help.

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2005, 04:38:56 pm »
Not a problem.  And if you've been thinking of taking a KA-esque route into her specs, I'd say have a little influence of SFC into it as well, considering in any SFC game this FBB didn't have any PH4 weaponry (but did have those Hydran Gatling Phasehs [PhG], and in SFC2 and OP she had some fighters).

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2005, 04:47:06 pm »
Not a problem.  And if you've been thinking of taking a KA-esque route into her specs, I'd say have a little influence of SFC into it as well, considering in any SFC game this FBB didn't have any PH4 weaponry (but did have those Hydran Gatling Phasehs [PhG], and in SFC2 and OP she had some fighters).

hmmm   yup ..   I remember the gatling phasers.  a lot of the time those were located even on warp nacelles (seems like).  I don't suppose you can fire up the old OP game ...   go into the "skirmish" mode ....  custom battle ...  look up this bad boy and do a screenie of the weapons and post it.  (I'm still at work ... and will be for at least another hour).  That would save me some time so I can get straight to work on this when we get home.

Thanks

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2005, 05:02:52 pm »
I'd have to reinstall OP first though, but I guess I can do that tonight.  I'll also reinstall KA and show the hardpoints for the weapons, then probably upload that SFC1 KA FBB port DD did that I said I would but forgot to (If I remember correctly he did give me permission, just need to find it, zip it up with a made text file and upload it somewhere)...  Don't have the time right now though, but will later.  Just getting ready for something important at the moment.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2005, 05:12:22 pm »
OKIE...

check here first ...  If no one else comes up with the weapons, and arcs  I'll see if this ship is in the last OP server kit I uploaded a few months ago.  I can't remember if it was ..  or if they changed the load-outs on it, etc, etc.

In any case ..   I'll be on MSN as well.  Check to see if we already have the info.

thanks again for the assistance.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2005, 05:42:38 pm »
Since OP is better than any pure paramount created material, I still have OP on my comp.

Gimme a few minutes, I should have this badboy's SSD up.

Triva: Even though all the races in SFC have Battleships; 'Historicly', only the Klingon B-10 was the only battleship to ever see service in the General War. Two of them were used in fighting the andomedan invasion, and the boom of a third was used (and lost) in the defense of Klingzai.

Not sure if the sidebar weapons count is accurate to any degree. The patch messes with it, and this is an unpatched version.

Forward detail with weapons arcs described. Notice the phaser banks located on either side of the regestry number, and another pair futher back. There is also another one (on the top) located just behind the regestry number.I think (never played KA) the three slots in the top are where the megaphasers are. But, since SFC doesn't beleive in Megaphasers, you might as well convert them to normal ones.

It is also my hope that you can correct the nacelles based on this pic.

I hope you can also add the missile launcher, which does not exist on the stock KA model. I also hope you add a rendered shuttlebay... it's at the back between the hulls.

Trivia: The proposed C-10(?) by SPP on starfleet battles' forums is a B-10 boom mated with a C-8 aft hull.
Trivia: There is a B-10T: B-10 Tug version.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 06:08:19 pm by Norsehound »

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2005, 06:40:55 pm »
If you're trying to figure out weapon placement, why not just import the stock FBB model and use the hardpoint dummy objects from it?  That's what I did with my stock ship replacement models.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2005, 07:30:38 pm »
When it comes to SFC3, She'll have to be hardpointed a little differently, at least that's what I am anticipating.  Buzz, you're doing the hardpointing for SFC3, or no?  If not, I'll take my hand at it if you want me to.  I'd love to try at this bad boy. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2005, 08:06:12 pm »
Norshound

I have a copy of the low res model.  The current model that is being textured will not follow the same design.  The front of the nacelles will have very little change.  In fact if can find a good pict of the Enterprise I will examine it closer and follow that (maybe).

Also weapons:

I have noted in the game there are :

15 phs 1's
3 phs g's
10 torps  (8 forward)

fixing the phasers is no biggie.  But the 8 forward torps ?  There are only 4 forward tubes.  I will have to review the model as it is now and see what needs to be done.

More later

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2005, 08:21:16 pm »
My suggestion: Keep it as close to the stock design as possible, keeping in mind at least the stats given for this ship in the SFC series (and/or KA).  For KA, as far as her specs go, they are this:

U.S.S. Yamato - NX-5628
Yamato-class (experimental) Battleship Specs:

Length: 854 meters
    Mass: 1,870,000 metric tonnes
    Crew: 1,200
    Marines: 90
    Maximum Impulse: 1,230 kellicams per second
    Hull Rating: 9.4
    Shield Rating: 198.3
    Maneuverability Rating: .25/.07 1,300

WEAPONS:
    Fore: 6 Phasers, 4 Photons, 2 Ph4-equivalent Phasers ("Assault Phasers")
    Aft: 6 Phasers, 2 Photons
    Port/Starboard: 4 Phasers each

Model-wise, if any plans are to modify the model, I believe there's no need; it looks good enough.  Even replacing the launchers with Miranda-class-style Torpedo launchers (appearence-wise) would take away from the design and bring it closer to normal kitbash-esque designs of that era.  This design differentiated from the traditional simple kitbashing of the ships of that era.  Although it somewhat seems to be like a kitbash with two hulls, there's a lot of uniqueness in the design, even though it has some Excelsior-class design influences.  In an era where fans just take from the canon designs and kitbash rather than find uniqueness that can still fit into the era, the Yamato-class, although not the prettiest battleship around (and not a part of traditional Starfleet design lineage), still is quite unique.  I think the design should stay as is.

With that said, I think the model and texture progress is going very well so far.  My only pet peeve is the blue "stripe" around the rim of the saucer; It looks uneven.  I realize though that the textures are still a WIP, but wanted to point that out.

I could not have written any better commentary. Well done everyone.

Qapla!

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2005, 09:28:52 pm »
Yeah CJ's stats work for me  ;D

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2005, 09:25:37 pm »
Why not use the torp launchers and saucer from WZ's Ulysses class.  That would look cool.
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

Offline Antivyrus

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2005, 11:49:07 pm »
shameless bumb back to the front page ;D

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2005, 04:30:24 am »
Nothing shameless about it.

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2005, 08:33:05 am »

<< Fed taps foot while looking at his watch>>

Are we there yet?       ;)

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2005, 09:14:48 am »
Registry Time ...

USS YAMATO

NCX-5628-V

is this correct ?