Topic: Lions, Kats, Lizards, and Huemons SGO V  (Read 13594 times)

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
Re: Lions, Kats, Lizards, and Huemons SGO V
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2005, 03:52:29 pm »
  lol,i guess the yanks do what they usually do,when they can't get something right.buy that product out,and move thier knowledgeable people to the states to show them how to properly do it :o      then again,why in the U.S.A.,that no one outside a 5 mile radius of this brewery know about it's existence?? :lol:

Chuut knew  ;)

what are the odds :o   1 out of 300,000,000  :rofl:    snicker snicker   almost  sounds like this company is runny a still for the local populus

Offline GDA-Agave

• That's MR. Planet Battering Ram to you buddy!!
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
  • Fear my tequila breath!!!
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2005, 04:10:18 pm »
  lol,i guess the yanks do what they usually do,when they can't get something right.buy that product out,and move thier knowledgeable people to the states to show them how to properly do it :o      then again,why in the U.S.A.,that no one outside a 5 mile radius of this brewery know about it's existence?? :lol:

Chuut knew  ;)

what are the odds :o   1 out of 300,000,000  :rofl:    snicker snicker   almost  sounds like this company is runny a still for the local populus

Chuut's a bartender and an alcholic wantabe.   I'm thinking that would interest his odds a good bit.

So, if you guys are so beer-knowledgeable, ya know anything about Long Trail IPA?  Abita Purple Haze?  Or do you think all Americans are stupid enough to buy our crappy, over-commercialized Budweiser products?
One of the few, the proud, THE GORN!!
Gorn Dragon Alliance - Protecting Ghdar and the Bruce Way!

Gorn Dragon Templar
"Protecting the roads to Brucedom for all travelers of faith"

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2005, 05:47:57 pm »

Chuut's a bartender and an alcholic wantabe.   I'm thinking that would interest his odds a good bit.

So, if you guys are so beer-knowledgeable, ya know anything about Long Trail IPA?  Abita Purple Haze?  Or do you think all Americans are stupid enough to buy our crappy, over-commercialized Budweiser products?

YES

Offline Mog

• Lt.
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2005, 05:49:55 pm »
Newky Brown
Merriment is All

Fear the Meow!

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2005, 05:53:08 pm »

YES

:popcorn:          :drink:

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2005, 10:33:15 pm »
Actually Budweiseris the leading brand in Canada

Budweiser is the No. 1-selling packaged brand in Canada, securing the country’s position as the largest-volume international market for Anheuser-Busch. 

<Snicker>

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2005, 10:45:05 pm »

Well this brewery has only been in operation since 1997.

Starting out with a home brewing kit cobbled together from used kegs, Calagione turned his entrepreneurial dream into a reality. Relying on unique brews, lots of loving technique, and hard work, Calagione built Dogfish Head Craft Beer into America's fastest growing brewery. Without the benefit of an advertising budget, Dogfish went from a tiny operation in Delaware to one of the country's most popular craft breweries, distributed in 29 states and four countries. As revenues grow at lightning speed-an increase of 105 percent in 2003-Dogfish's success is the result of dreaming big, working hard, and thinking unconventionally.

So it seems the brewery is growing fast (kinda like Budweiser's market share in Canada where it became #1 since 2004  :rofl:),  Chuut was just one of the first to know  ;), he just had to wait a few years till the Dogfishhead distribution network brough it to the area.

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2005, 07:35:30 am »

Budweiser is the No. 1-selling packaged brand in Canada, securing the country’s position as the largest-volume international market for Anheuser-Busch. 

<Snicker>

well,i had to check out this claim,and while i still have no idea if it is true for imported beers.however,canadian brands still dominate our country beer market buy a huge  % .something like 89% of all beers bought are canadian    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1126192620843_121601820       here's a bit of an excerpt--->    While Canadian beer is still dominant in the market, imported beer is gaining ground.

In 2003/04, imported beer sales captured 11 per cent of the Canadian market. In contrast, imports made up 10.2 per cent of Canadian beer sales in the previous fiscal year. A decade ago, imports amounted to less than 3 per cent.    <------your brands that are properly brewed up here are gianing ground though  :)

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2005, 07:37:42 am »

Well this brewery has only been in operation since 1997.

Starting out with a home brewing kit cobbled together from used kegs, Calagione turned his entrepreneurial dream into a reality. Relying on unique brews, lots of loving technique, and hard work, Calagione built Dogfish Head Craft Beer into

you know, this whole part of the quote is exactly how my uncle tried to explain away his moonshine industry last month when the mounties got their man   :police:

I figure that in the U.S. getting a patent allows for this, what a dream country it must be. Hmm, maybe moving there, wait a min, it is available in Ontario now, so I just need to get my ass to Toronto(6 hours away) and purchase this "unique brew"  ;)

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2005, 10:11:36 am »

<Snicker>

well,i had to check out this claim,and while i still have no idea if it is true for imported beers.however,canadian brands still dominate our country beer market buy a huge  % .something like 89% of all beers bought are canadian    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1126192620843_121601820       here's a bit of an excerpt--->    While Canadian beer is still dominant in the market, imported beer is gaining ground.

In 2003/04, imported beer sales captured 11 per cent of the Canadian market. In contrast, imports made up 10.2 per cent of Canadian beer sales in the previous fiscal year. A decade ago, imports amounted to less than 3 per cent.    <------your brands that are properly brewed up here are gianing ground though  :)

Guess what, Budweiser sold in Canada is brewed in Canada and thus wouldn't be considered an import so would fall into that 89% side of the equation, seemingly as the leader  ;)

Here is one source for the previously posted information, saw a couple of others as well

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/overview/international.html

BTW Checked further and the source that it origionally comes from is  – Labatt Brewing Canada Shipment reports January – December 2004

Packaged brands wouldn't include draft beer sales, but only what was bought in cans and bottles in bars and grocery stores.  Thus likely the Canadian brands would lead overall in the Canadian market (though losing ground).  However I'm wondering what would happen if Budweiser was on draft in more Canadian bars since it seems to be winning on the supermarket shelves over its Canadian competitors  ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 10:22:44 am by KAT Chuut-Ritt »

Offline Braxton_RIP

• Lt. Commander
    • Dynaverse.net
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2005, 11:57:18 am »
Drink Vodka or Jack or something of that nature.  'Nuff said.  ;D
Braxton,
Old Geezer

Typical Fleet:
F-DNL, F-CB, F-CLC
Braxton's Fleet:
F-CVTCR, F-BTR, F-BTL+

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2005, 12:15:53 pm »
A real Feds' Drink! This is the ticket!  ;D
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Braxton_RIP

• Lt. Commander
    • Dynaverse.net
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2005, 02:57:55 pm »
A real Feds' Drink! This is the ticket!  ;D

Maybe if your SkyFlyer... <snicker>
Braxton,
Old Geezer

Typical Fleet:
F-DNL, F-CB, F-CLC
Braxton's Fleet:
F-CVTCR, F-BTR, F-BTL+

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2005, 03:11:32 pm »
 :lol:

Offline FPF-Wanderer

• Order of Battle Wonk
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Trek Nerd Since 1976
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2005, 07:20:24 am »
C'mon, people, there are only 14 players signed up for the SG Alliance forum over at bozobits.  Let's get the lead out!
Alliance SAC, SG4 / Alliance SAC, RDSL / Federation A/RM: AOTK, SSII, GW4 / Federation Chief of Staff / Member of the Flying Circus / Alliance Map Guy

Offline CaptJosh

• Lt.
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2005, 09:27:20 am »
Silly me. I expected that someone would be able to figure out that CaptJosh over there is the same as CaptJosh over here and add me already because I declared for alliance. I forgot how lazy Hexx is.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2005, 09:36:42 am »
Everyone who has requested access has received it.

let me type that out slower for all of you

everyone who has requested access has received it.

now with fancy italics on the important word

everyone who hasrequestedaccess has received it.

Like I just go hunting through posts to see who's crying to be allowed
to fly with me this server.

Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2005, 11:18:28 am »
C'mon, people, there are only 14 players signed up for the SG Alliance forum over at bozobits.  Let's get the lead out!

if you're having trouble getting the lead out, I can suggest a couple of chelators.  ;)

Offline Braxton_RIP

• Lt. Commander
    • Dynaverse.net
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2005, 12:38:39 pm »
No one even responded to the PMs I sent out.  Where are all those people out there who call themselves the "Good Guys" ehh?
Braxton,
Old Geezer

Typical Fleet:
F-DNL, F-CB, F-CLC
Braxton's Fleet:
F-CVTCR, F-BTR, F-BTL+

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2005, 08:35:31 pm »
No one even responded to the PMs I sent out.  Where are all those people out there who call themselves the "Good Guys" ehh?

they're flying for the coalition.  ;)