Topic: The Forge - Info and Feedback  (Read 112707 times)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: The Forge - Info and Feedback
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2005, 11:44:38 am »
Welp, looks like we're already running EEK2.21 as I just logged in OK on them, it seems the community scripts intaller that I started from has the 2.21 missions but the 2.1 readme.

In any case, there will be no scripts update because of this then.. (as I recall some of the "no coop PP" issues had persisted into v2.21)

el-Karnak

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2005, 02:51:11 pm »
Welp, looks like we're already running EEK2.21 as I just logged in OK on them, it seems the community scripts intaller that I started from has the 2.21 missions but the 2.1 readme.

In any case, there will be no scripts update because of this then.. (as I recall some of the "no coop PP" issues had persisted into v2.21)

I made public the post I had in the D2 and D3 admin forums about where to download the EEK mission packs and their specs.  I put this post in the mission scripting forums:

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163359758.0.html

U can sticky it? So people always know where to find them.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2005, 02:54:59 pm »
Consider it done sir!

el-Karnak

« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2005, 03:01:05 pm »
Consider it done sir!

Thanks. ;D

So, what we got for EEK bugs so far?

No Co-op PP in Planet Assault?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2005, 04:01:57 pm »
So, what we got for EEK bugs so far?

No Co-op PP in Planet Assault?

That's all I can recall offhand, lemme go over the thread and I'll see if there is any others.

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2005, 09:45:19 am »
might  just be a server setting but if you take an eek mission (thats what i have been getting mainly) and run off the map you still get a dv drop in neutral space. I havent tried them in enemy space or on my own hexes yet. Just thought youd like to know. Ill be back on in a while and try some other things and see what happens.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2005, 09:48:45 am »
might just be a server setting but if you take an eek mission (thats what i have been getting mainly) and run off the map you still get a dv drop in neutral space. I havent tried them in enemy space or on my own hexes yet. Just thought youd like to know. Ill be back on in a while and try some other things and see what happens.

That's the OP neutral DV bug, it will happen regardless of the mission script (even with stock missions). Which is why large amounts of neutral space is not such a good idea on OP maps. I'll look at changing them all to Orion... give it a try in an Orion (Rogue Pirates) hex if you get a chance and let me know if it still happens.

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2005, 03:07:20 pm »
ok i ran a dock yard defense on the rogue planet thats to the left of the klingon starting world. I won the mission  and the dv dropped from 23  to 10. if you need  the hex # i can get it for you.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battle location: 9,38
Battle Participants:
Host: I-Kurok Victory level: Victory
Regular prestige: 900 Bonus prestige: 0
AI
AI
Empire Defence value shift: 23-->10
Cartel Defence value shift: 1010-->1010
Battle finished at: 2005-08-29 15:03:35

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2005, 03:19:49 pm »
9,38 is not next to any klingon world... the first thing that grabs my eye is the Cartel DV of 1010!!!  :o That is weird... no idea how that happened, lemme check the SQL and mvm maps... (you hadn't forfeited or dragged missions to get there did you?)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2005, 03:27:43 pm »
In the SQL map the base victory points for both layers is 10, the DV should never have been greateer than that... (fixed the Cartel current  DV to 10)  checking the mvm map file now...

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2005, 03:33:22 pm »
Yup, same on the mvm map file, only a strength of 10... what makes me suspicious here is that you say 9,38 "next to" the Klingon starting world... how do you mean next to? Like eight hexes away or one...

Did you forfeit missions to ge there? Did you observe any mission dragging? No consequences here, this could be important... especially if forefeits are involved...

Or perhaps the map table was corrupted when the server PC lost power... Or it could be the missoin script itself, but that makes no sense if you actually observed the hex at a DV of 13 by right clicking it before you entered it... more details please!

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2005, 06:40:49 pm »
i didnt forfiet any missions to get there log oput mission drag or any thing like that. You asked me to hit a rogue pirate hex to see what happened so i did. The dv didnt start at 13 it was 23. the little blurb from my last post is directly from the web map  battles  thingy. ill return to my klingon word and go from there.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2005, 08:33:39 pm »
i didnt forfiet any missions to get there log oput mission drag or any thing like that. You asked me to hit a rogue pirate hex to see what happened so i did. The dv didnt start at 13 it was 23. the little blurb from my last post is directly from the web map  battles thingy. ill return to my klingon word and go from there.

Ah, very ineresting, thank you so much for the report and for hitting the Rogue Pirate hex as requested. Seems that scripts not accounting for the 9th empire might do this I'll need to confirm with Tracey. Didn't mean to offend asking about forefiets etc... just being thorough...

Maybe try it again if you get the chance... to see if it happens again.  I may have to remove them from the map as I cannot use the new TG scripts alone... or maybe just make sure they're not on planet hexes... hmmm...

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2005, 12:20:58 am »
no offense taken and if i came across that was accept my apoligies. Ill hit it again tomorrow and then make my way to one with out a planet. I will do what i can to help get sql going.

Offline FPF-SCM_TraceyG_XC

• Empress of the Empire
  • Commander
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2005, 03:05:01 am »
I actually wanted to have it such that the patrols would draft 9th empire ships, but didnt get around to this before AOTK2. Its just a setting in the mission script.
Captain FPF-TraceyG, Federation Protection Fleet

SFC2.net Admin member
SFC3.net Admin member
Voting member of the DGA
Member of XenoCorp, Squadron Commodore

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2005, 05:30:52 am »
So if map makers put the 9th race on the map for empire races to attack, it wont be a problem?

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2005, 05:31:57 am »
Addition: What about all the other scripts? Would they have problems as well? How do we use the 9th race with the older scripts? What is the difference between using 9th race hexes, and then having one be a planet or base?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2005, 06:48:12 am »
It will be a problem with older scripts. Now that I think about it... I think the serverkit code may need modification as well... I'll have to remove the 9th empire hexes from this map, maps made with it in the definitions file but not used should still be OK.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2005, 06:49:23 am »
no offense taken and if i came across that was accept my apoligies. Ill hit it again tomorrow and then make my way to one with out a planet. I will do what i can to help get sql going.

Thanks bunches dude!

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2005, 06:51:19 am »
I actually wanted to have it such that the patrols would draft 9th empire ships, but didnt get around to this before AOTK2. Its just a setting in the mission script.

Once you are satisfied with stability, perhaps you could throw it in?

Hmmm... I wonder if I can convice Karnak this is a "bug" in his scripts...  :mischief: