Topic: Some Ideas  (Read 814 times)

Kaz

Some Ideas
« on: August 21, 2005, 02:13:32 pm »
I just thought I'd throw out some ideas I've been pondering for some time.

First, I 'd like to give my thanks to all the people involved with putting on servers and campains. Without your hard work, we wouldn't
have the fun we currently have with an older game. I believe that the main idea is to keep the game fresh and enjoyable for both new and old players alike.

The idea of a rank = hull size has often crossed my mind. Commodore = Heavy or less, Fleet Admiral = Battleship, etc. or something along those lines. This, in my opinion would be a nice pat on the back for marathon players and encourage others to play more often. Also, the use of ships we don't usually get to fly on  most other servers.

One of the servers I found to be a blast was the one with the shadows/ babylon 5 theme. The story was great as were the puzzles and ship skins. I know some thought the shadows as cheese but, overall I thought it was superb. The idea of a pirate server is also a fabulous idea to challenge even the best warriors, one i would definately play should it become a reality.

With campains such as ATOK2 where taking territory is the main objective, people have complained about the monotony of flipping hexes due to lack of mission variety. Maybe bringing back say, the convoy raid as a non- manditory mission could be an idea. I realize this is an "easier-said-than-done" issue as creating campains involves alot of time and dedication, not to mention know-how.

Finally, the possible use of the X-weapons, even if its in a limited form, I believe would add some spice to the mix. I think the mirak have it in the form of mirv racks. As an off-the -top-of -my-head  example, a x-ship with a heavy disruptor or an A or B phaser. The different sound affects for the weapons are cool in their own way lol.

Some of these ideas might have been brought up before. Maybe, maybe not. At any rate, I would like to think that feedback from the community would be a welcomed thing. Regardless, I will NEVER stop playing this game as long as there is intrest in it. Thanks again for making my gaming experiance (and others) enjoyable.

KBF-Kaz

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
Re: Some Ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 06:15:10 pm »
The idea of a pirate server is also a fabulous idea to challenge even the best warriors, one i would definately play should it become a reality.

It's going to become a reality.  Next weekend.   ;)

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------