Topic: New features for Nemesis Special Edition DVD announced  (Read 6438 times)

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
New features for Nemesis Special Edition DVD announced
« on: July 21, 2005, 10:38:14 am »
Including more deleted scences

Wesley's New Mission (59s)

Data and B-4 (1m 50s)

The Chance for Peace (56s)

A Loss of Self (35s)

Remember Him? (Extended) (1m 47s)

Cleaning out Data's Quarters (1m 43s)

Crusher at Starfleet Medical (42s)

The Wesley, Data, and Dr. Crusher ones sound like they'll be the most important ones to the fans.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: New features for Nemesis Special Edition DVD announced
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 10:43:57 am »
Cool find RB. Looks like I'll be buying another DVD.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 04:22:22 pm »
Looks like I'll be buying another Nemesis DVD as well.  I still contend that its a good Trek movie, much better in my opinion than Insurrection or Generations.  In my opinion of course.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Ravok

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 04:25:16 pm »
Looks like I'll be buying another Nemesis DVD as well.  I still contend that its a good Trek movie, much better in my opinion than Insurrection or Generations.  In my opinion of course.

I agree Dash I thought it was the best of the lot myself. I never understood why people didnt like it? :-\

Offline Kruk

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 12:34:40 pm »
I thought itwas good.

The only problem I have is that they showed the Enterprise crashing into something in the previews. Nice way to kill the movie before it even started.

Ravok

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 12:56:28 pm »
I thought the same thing. :) You really have to wonder what those Marketing genius's are thinking. ::)

Offline Grim

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 11:08:44 am »

I'll probably get this, Nemesis IMO was one of the better trek films, still my favourite one has to be The Wrath of Khan.

Ravok

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005, 11:10:42 am »
 The wrath of Kahn was hands up the best of the lot!!! Ricado Maltaban stunned me with his preformance, especially aftre Fantasy Island. :P :P :P :P

Offline Grim

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2005, 11:12:37 am »
The wrath of Kahn was hands up the best of the lot!!! Ricado Maltaban stunned me with his preformance, especially aftre Fantasy Island. :P :P :P :P

Yep Ricardo Montalban was fantastic in the film, IMO the best trek baddie ever!

Ravok

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2005, 11:20:40 am »

Yep Ricardo Montalban was fantastic in the film, IMO the best trek baddie ever!

He blew me away!!!! In every scene you can just see the all consuming hatered just oozing out of his pores.

If it where possible to reach out of hell for revenge. I believe he would be the one to do it.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2005, 11:32:12 am »

I'll probably get this, Nemesis IMO was one of the better trek films, still my favourite one has to be The Wrath of Khan.

I agree with both statements ..

Also ..  the only real problem with Nemesis was WHEN it was released.  There were 2 block busters released just a WEEK or so after Nemesis came out.  There again it was more of a marketing blunder.  It's not like these guys have just started in the business.  Most of them have been around for a number of years.

IMHO ...  they should have released at least 2 to 3 weeks AFTER "Two Towers"  ...  and what ever the other movie was at the time  (One that I did not even bother to see I might add)
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2005, 08:49:15 am »

I think the actors did the best they could with their roles in Nemesis; and you could tell they enjoyed being together again.  Unfortuantely, the script stunk to high heaven. 

I really wish they could make one more Next Gen movie.  I like that cast and I'd like to see them end on a high note.

Oddly enough, I'll probably get this DVD in order to see the deleted scenes.  I didn't like the movie, and I didn't really ever like Wesly Crusher.  (Not the actor's fault.)  But I'd like to see what happened to him at the end of his story.  It would sort of wrap things up for me.  (And no, I don't want to read any spoilers, I want to see it!  :P  ;) )

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2005, 03:19:20 am »
Nemesis was pretty terrible.  I like to think that there was so much footage left on the cutting room floor that it stripped away plot points and other such, but I'm not really sure how much bandaging it would take to save the TNG crew from the terrible script, the fanboy ships/effect/etc, and the contrived nature of many important events in the movie.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Jaeih t`Radaik

• "I'm the unknown Commander, who makes the Empire look so good."
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Elements willing, we shall prevail!
    • Federation Starbase 23
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2005, 09:40:47 am »
STII: The Wrath of Khan is by far the best ever Trek movie, and in second place STVI: The Undiscovered Country.  :thumbsup:

Nemesis was a decent enough movie on its own, but it took so many things from so many other movies. The whole Beloved Cast Member who Sacrificies Himself to Prevent his Ship from being Destroyed by the Big Techno Bomb on the Bad Guy's Ship. Anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that it was kinda familiar? (Hint: See above)

The best TNG movie was Insurrection. Tht cast had a good time on set as you can clearly see it in the movie, and it was a lot more back to basics for TNG. I loved F. Murray Abrahams speech to Admiral Doughty about the Federation opinion polls and such. That was class.  :)

First Contact nicked the music from Final Frontier, as well as playing about with the "history" created by the Reeves Stevens in their book "Federation". Not to mention the fact it partially contradicted the very first TNG episode telling us the Post Atomic Horror was in 2079, over 25 years after WWIII happens in FC.

Just my pennies' worth.

PS. Rule Britannia! <waves at Grim>

"I'm just observing. You know, making observations."
"Great. We'll stick a telescope in your head and put a dome over it, and we can call you an observatory."
Paris and Rory, from "The Gilmore Girls."

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2005, 03:27:05 pm »
All I care about is if the print is better on this DVD than the last one.  Better picture equals better screencaps.

Offline Sten

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2005, 04:00:26 pm »
Nemisis sucked "Spock's brain" was more entertaining.

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2005, 01:18:55 pm »
Nemesis was simply disappointing as it had the Romulans (perhaps the last bad guys in Star Trek)
basically unable to get their act together unless led by a Picard clone and some crazy ex-slaves.

Oddly enough I don't consider it as a bad movie so much as a really bad story.
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2005, 01:51:43 pm »
Not to mention the fact it partially contradicted the very first TNG episode telling us the Post Atomic Horror was in 2079, over 25 years after WWIII happens in FC.

Well, if it's called the [i\Post[/i]-Atomic Horror, then logically it would have to be after WW3.  ;)  We didn't get any sort of indication what kind of shape Europe was in during FC, but if there were nuclear warheads used there, there would still be plenty of radiation and other side effects left over 25 years later...
Trekmods SFC/BC/Nexus forum

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2005, 09:26:13 pm »
Considering how close Trek's WW3 is to modern history and how politically charged any speculation on such a conflict would entail, I doubt we'll see any discussion on that conflict in either filmed Trek or novel Trek.

Offline ELITE-Kaos

• Founder of ELITE
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Honour is Life
    • ELITE-Gaming
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2005, 02:57:55 am »
The main point about WW3 IMO is that civilisation fel and then rose up as something new. Gone were the bullies who used politics to control mass populations, people started to care about each other and greed was whiped out.  I say roll on WW3!

As for Nemises, it seemed like a remake of the Tasha Yar story form the TNG series as was Insurection.  STII is the best acted movie (Khan steals the whole movie) while ST1 is my fav for the story, well done Alan Dean Foster! <--- Geat Author
These are the continuing ramblings of a mad Klingon, his 5 year mission to annoy the Federation!