Topic: Kill Thread  (Read 23367 times)

762_XC

Re: Kill Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2005, 04:54:49 pm »
*sigh* Well let's see.

Killed Soreyes in what was I think the first PvP of the entire server. LN vs DF - I flew great drone defense, probably because I was flying a POS. My drone defense skeelz went rapidly downhill thereafter, as will be seen.

The aforementioned 2v2 with myself and DH vs Jakle and Duck was fun.

Killed a20risky twice in a Templar. He tried to overrun me. I let him. Overrun a Templar??

Then there was Hexx. Ugh.  ::) I guess he owed me some payback after years of abuse. Seriously, he got me good, I should have anticipated the threat given it was a marine ship but I didn't. I was well and truly pwnt. BUT....the server is still young. :)

Had two very fun fights vs TraumaTech. First fight was LB vs ??? (CC I think), second was LB vs CF. Both of us had 2 AI's each time (so much for AI stripping). Both times I unloaded on his AI early, had him chase me while I tried to reload, and killed him in the end. Despite the lack of AI stripping they were both good fights.

And then the coup de grace, my LB vs Soreyes' DF, when in my overconfidence not only did I fail to notice we has going slow enough to run a level 4, but panicked like a girl after getting grabbed and did everything I shouldn't have done.

Despite some setbacks :mischief:, it's been fun so far.

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2005, 08:01:13 pm »
Add Josh to the kill list....

I-CAW against my H-LB, GG Josh.
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2005, 11:34:15 pm »
I get added to the list, along with Green.  Duck in his KCR with a FLG ai  took on Green in a Kzinty BF and me in an ISC CAW.  I warned Green that Shadowlord loves to push people into rocks(ie DIZZY) but Green got tractored, and dragged into a ROCK quite early. That was funny.  That AI was a thorn in my side the whole game, costing me shielding slowly, while using up any extra weapons I could afford, without draining my ship too much with that KCR on my butt, side, front, etc.   Twice Duck took runs at me, I hurt him in the first run, he got me in a corner in the second and with AI help hitting all those mines he placed, I was getting the worst of it.  VGG, was fun. been waiting for some PvP, even if it cost me a few thous.

Offline Mr.Bad151

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2005, 01:06:57 am »
Woot! Got my second kill tonight.  First was against LordHelios a few days ago, then tonight I got the win against Dib.  Nothing fancy, he was flying a D6DB and I a Gorn CC.  He did manage to tractor me twice, but each time I saw it coming and already had my repel working.  I managed to wear him down with superior Gorn Phasers and a few plasmas.  Well fought Dib.
"As the radius of my knowledge increases, so does the circumference of my ignorance"

Offline Braxton_RIP

• Lt. Commander
    • Dynaverse.net
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2005, 02:00:54 am »

You still got that DNE?   Boy I figured one of your wingmen would have preserved the tradition and smacked you into a planet by now.....slackers  :P

Hey Skyflyer!...I got a job for you  ;D

I have been fullly trained in the "dark arts" of how to make your wingman paranoid and anxious.  Your evil ways shall not defeat me!!

YOU AND YOUR KITTY HORDE SHALL BE DEFEATED!!

Well I kept trying to jump you the other night in my MIGHTY DF. but for some reason I could not draft you. ;D

FEAR THE DRONE........... well you can fear the drone in a few years ;D

Arn't you still recovering from me blowing up that "MIGHTY DF" with a T-bomb?
Braxton,
Old Geezer

Typical Fleet:
F-DNL, F-CB, F-CLC
Braxton's Fleet:
F-CVTCR, F-BTR, F-BTL+

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2005, 02:48:08 am »
Uh, Scipio? Those glowing diffuse things are ion storms, not dust clouds.

Those little duty things near the asteroids that make my insides go "boom, boom, boom" when I run with my front shield down, are dust clouds.

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2005, 05:27:26 am »
Uh, Scipio? Those glowing diffuse things are ion storms, not dust clouds.

Those little duty things near the asteroids that make my insides go "boom, boom, boom" when I run with my front shield down, are dust clouds.

-S'Cipio

I thought "little duty things" were called diapers  ;)

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2005, 08:27:26 am »

You still got that DNE?   Boy I figured one of your wingmen would have preserved the tradition and smacked you into a planet by now.....slackers  :P

Hey Skyflyer!...I got a job for you  ;D

I have been fullly trained in the "dark arts" of how to make your wingman paranoid and anxious.  Your evil ways shall not defeat me!!

YOU AND YOUR KITTY HORDE SHALL BE DEFEATED!!

Well I kept trying to jump you the other night in my MIGHTY DF. but for some reason I could not draft you. ;D

FEAR THE DRONE........... well you can fear the drone in a few years ;D

Arn't you still recovering from me blowing up that "MIGHTY DF" with a T-bomb?

Well that was after you stripped away all my shields, weapons, Marines, ect...ect.  But then again my ship never had any Shields ;D

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Riskyllama

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt.
  • Risky
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2005, 01:07:59 pm »

Killed a20risky twice in a Templar. He tried to overrun me. I let him. Overrun a Templar??

I only recall one instance of my doing that.
Everything is sweetened by risk. ~Alexander Smith

762_XC

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2005, 01:46:57 pm »
Sorry, I know we had two fights. I can't recall the exact details of the other.

Offline GDA-Agave

• That's MR. Planet Battering Ram to you buddy!!
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
  • Fear my tequila breath!!!
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2005, 01:15:07 am »

Well that was after you stripped away all my shields, weapons, Marines, ect...ect.  But then again my ship never had any Shields ;D

Putting power into shields on a Kzinti DF would kinda defeat the purpose of flying that ship, right?

One of the few, the proud, THE GORN!!
Gorn Dragon Alliance - Protecting Ghdar and the Bruce Way!

Gorn Dragon Templar
"Protecting the roads to Brucedom for all travelers of faith"

Offline GDA-Agave

• That's MR. Planet Battering Ram to you buddy!!
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
  • Fear my tequila breath!!!
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2005, 01:23:59 am »
Me (Gorn DNE) and Icehawk (Fed CF)

vs

Rom-Duck (KCR) and KHH Jakle (D7C)

I well fought match.    As usual the KHH flew in very tight formation and were very pesky.   After Icehawk practiced his proxy photon skills on them for awhile, the KHH got a couple of good hits on Hawk's rearshield.   They forced us to border a little later and suckered me into letting them HET pass me and grab Icehawk. (which he survived from, but not from their pouncing on him shortly after)

I was just in process of trying to tractor him off map when they did the coup de grace on him.   Big meanies!!   ;)

Well fought.   

:thumbsup:  Salute!   :thumbsup:
One of the few, the proud, THE GORN!!
Gorn Dragon Alliance - Protecting Ghdar and the Bruce Way!

Gorn Dragon Templar
"Protecting the roads to Brucedom for all travelers of faith"

Offline Mutilator

• FSD whip
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2005, 08:36:05 am »
Tomcat'n and I kill ran Duck out in his KRC while his wing man was caught and killed in his D6D.

I also killed a Romulan KRC on a planet assault I drafted great AI one mirak ship even had a MIRV   :-X

Great games all keep em coming.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline Braxton_RIP

• Lt. Commander
    • Dynaverse.net
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2005, 12:43:52 pm »
The USS Argent Dawn strikes again, like the Bismarck in WWII, she stirkes fast and hard.

Todays additions to the list were KBF-Soth and Lear.  First, Soth's K-D6DB was captured, which was shortly followed by Lear's R-KRC being nuetralized.

VGG To both of you.
Braxton,
Old Geezer

Typical Fleet:
F-DNL, F-CB, F-CLC
Braxton's Fleet:
F-CVTCR, F-BTR, F-BTL+

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2005, 01:19:22 pm »
Well, took Duck out of his KRC twice... sort of.... H-TEM vs R-KRC.  I towed him off after some lag out thing where I couldn't damage him anymore.... not that he could do much at that point. ;)

Then the rematch with me in a H-LB ended with the destruction of Duck's KRC for sure this time.

GG's both times.

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline ShadowLord

• Lt.
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2005, 02:02:40 pm »
Yea first game showed him leavning the map for my game -- second game he got in a nice hard hit and down i went..

Offline [KBF]MuadDib

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2005, 03:43:55 pm »
if you all would just stop running around and repeling me at levels 3 or 4!!!

i mean who runs around with a repel that high?

heh...scardy cats..

gg's to all...
Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2005, 03:51:37 pm »
KBF-Kurok gave me a VERY good battle last night K-D7C versus F-CF.   

You truely have mastered Saberdancing, had I not been in the CF I think you would have beaten me <S>
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2005, 05:57:55 am »
lesse... 762 & I tag teamed Duck to take another KRC off of him.  *shakes head* when is he gonna learn?

Killed Chuut's cheesy hex flipping DF+ with a LB.  Then I SD'd my LGE on his nose when he tried to capture me with his DNL.

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2005, 10:23:59 am »
Myself in a ISC CC and Chuut in a Lyran BF  jumped Methanerider in a LB.   Nice of you to stick around long enough for us to catch and destroy you. gg