Topic: AoTK II Rules!!  (Read 17637 times)

Offline KAT J'inn

• CFO - Kzinti War Machine, Inc.
  • Lt. Commander
Re: AoTK II Rules!!
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2005, 02:35:05 pm »
Is this the ATOK Flame thread? I seem to still be in an Eve-crack induced fog and can't find my way.

ROFL!!   No actually there have been no flame threads at all.   This is the rules thread.   Please check in one day after server start for a flame thread.

J'inn the Helpful

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2005, 02:38:32 pm »

ROFL!!   No actually there have been no flame threads at all.   This is the rules thread.   Please check in one day after server start for a flame thread.

Well for 10 mil ISK I will see if I can't get one started for you.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2005, 02:59:06 pm »
J'inn, what kind of LOS rule, if any will be used for base placements and flipping of planets?

Also perhaps we should have it that  disengaging during a deepstrike be prohibited?

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2005, 09:07:36 pm »
I thought it was an automatic that when deepstriking you could never disengage.

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2005, 10:29:23 pm »
I always play by that code but it should be specifically written into the server rules to avoid confusion, and make it official.

Offline KAT J'inn

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2005, 10:05:53 am »
A few more changes.

1.    Disengagement rule taken out.   It's not needed for this type of a campaign.  We are going for old school rules lite here.   Beside each team has a drone race.   Furthermore, it increases PvP.

2.  See updated LOS rule.

Offline KAT J'inn

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2005, 10:10:24 am »
Dh we need a listing of the BCHs, DNs,  and CVAs please.   Well mainly the BCHs so as to avoid confusion.

762_XC

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2005, 10:19:40 am »
A few more changes.

1.    Disengagement rule taken out.   It's not needed for this type of a campaign.  We are going for old school rules lite here.   Beside each team has a drone race.   Furthermore, it increases PvP.

And makes it useless at the same time.

We aiming for a Gook type server here? My interest level just dropped by a lot.

Bad idea IMHO.

Offline KAT J'inn

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2005, 10:21:42 am »
762, if you mean an old old style campaign.   Yes, that's the target.  After multiple rules intensive campaigns, it was time for a break from them.

762_XC

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2005, 10:32:27 am »
I wasn't aware that anyone was clamoring for a break from the Disengagment Rule, which to my knowledge was universally accepted to be a Good Thing.

Are we looking to push everybody into droners? I don't understand what it is about "Old Style" that we're shooting for here.

Consider J'inn that MANY people play on D2 just to get good PvP action, and taking out the DR gives them nothing to play for.

I wish you would seriously reconsider this. I think it will do much more harm than good.

Offline KAT J'inn

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2005, 10:40:19 am »
As always it is up to the RMs.  Some input from them would be helpful. 

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2005, 10:42:13 am »
Um, you pulled the disengagment rule?  Think that might be triming a bit too far?
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2005, 10:47:31 am »
Um, you pulled the disengagment rule?  Think that might be triming a bit too far?

I agree, keep the disengagement rule and add no disengagement allowed if not adjacent to allied or neutral hex.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline KAT J'inn

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2005, 10:49:52 am »
It was not in AoTK I.  So I figured AoTK II wopuld be a basic re-run and not AoTK I + Rules.

Personally, I'd like to see AoTK II with the exact same rules as AoTK I.   People had fun on AoTK I.   However, if the RMs want some more rules put in, that is fine.  Problem is, the only RM providing input in Hexx.

Now if I go with what all the players want we'll have 500 pages of rules because they all want something different.

So I have to start somewhere.  And that's with a striped down rule set.   Until I hear from some RMs.  <cough> HELLO RMS!!!!

Besides, I hate the Disengagement rule.   I suck at PvP so it results in me being screwed.  :p

Note: I am using strikeout and underline so I can switch stuff back and forth.   I really want RM input for the rules. 

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2005, 11:04:53 am »
It was ATOK 1 that made it perfectly clear that a disengagement rule was necessary or the dyna would die. Leaving it out would be a major mistake. It is probably the one critical rule to any server, all other rules are window dressing. Without it there is abolutely no reason to PvP, which quite frankly is the only reason I would bother to play anymore.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

762_XC

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2005, 11:36:26 am »
What Sexy said.

Offline Braxton_RIP

• Lt. Commander
    • Dynaverse.net
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2005, 11:51:59 am »
Braxton,
Old Geezer

Typical Fleet:
F-DNL, F-CB, F-CLC
Braxton's Fleet:
F-CVTCR, F-BTR, F-BTL+

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2005, 01:07:40 pm »
Well as the only RM really giving inout I guess I count for 100% of the electoral process.
Leave the disengagement rule in.

Now give me a sec to make a list of my other demands..
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline KAT J'inn

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2005, 01:35:10 pm »
Disengagement rule back in (eventhough I HATE IT!!!) due to 2 RMs votes.

RMs  please see Hexx's idea about bases in the other thread.  It's  <shudder>  good.

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2005, 02:11:07 pm »
Hexx isn't the RM I Am.

I vote against the disengagemnet rule, but would approve of a lesser version of it.  Back in the day we used to basically have the rule that if you got chased out you stayed out like the current disengagement rule, except that you could go back in with a bigger ship or with a wingman.  I like the idea that you can go back quicker with reinforcements as this has the element of realism.  Going back in faster because you lost your ship kinda seems weird.

I guess Kreug can break the tie.  Although I would be open to negoations on a modified disengaement rule.

I also would be willing to change my vote should I get enough response in the Kitty forum in support of this rule.  Kroma and Hexx have access there so start lobbying for a vote change over there.   ;)

I actually don't mind the rule so much but I know some players absolutely hate it and think they might deserve a campaign without it for once.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 02:36:16 pm by KAT Chuut-Ritt »