Topic: New missions for AOTK2 bug report thread  (Read 19192 times)

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
Re: New missions for AOTK2 bug report thread
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2005, 04:40:59 pm »
I'm hardly a wannabe Hexx, I'm 100% the real thing !

Wouldn't sweat it Tracey, at these guys ages it could be anything.
Kurok was probably watching ST:TMP and thought he was playing the game..
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2005, 04:45:21 pm »
it was in an fd7k and a d5d. When i attacked neutral or gorn space nothing no enemy at all. In lyran space i ran all three patrols and  had no problem. found those ships no problem. I used probes my scanners and the "`" button and found nothing in any of them. It happened in all three of your enemy patrols. Also if i took an allied patrol and it supposidly had gorn in it i got nothing either.I say supposidly because the mission statment said it did  but I never saw one. as for hex numbers it has happened in several places. Ill write more later as i find more stuff.
 Now for that little wannabe HEXX i have forgotten more about this game than youll ever know and that still makes me three times smarter about it than youll ever be. so to you I say
STFUsnicker

I was having this problem with the Enemy Patrol B a lot. The "A" and "C" missions seemed to work fine.
I was flying in the central neutral zone while experiancing this.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2005, 04:54:30 pm »
Um, it's not an option because we ain't waiting  ;D
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2005, 04:56:33 pm »
Get that? The maps are big because space is big.

Capt. Josh, why is it you remind me so much of this person?  http://www.pcpowerweb.com/flashfiles/Support%20stfu.swf Your stupid rant has nothing to do with what I'm explaining. It goes to show u have no concept wtf you are talking about.

It's been a while since I handed one out, so here's a BIG...

STFU
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 05:50:59 pm by Dizzy »

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2005, 05:13:38 pm »
Mine's bigger  :P

STFU

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2005, 05:48:21 pm »
Only because u have to use magnifying glasses.

Well, when the underpowered Gorn and the phaser challenged Roms discover every mission has very large maps... too bad. I'm done championing their cause. It's too bad too, lobbyists actually work in this community, but they just dont read these kinds of threads. :(

Offline SkyFlyer

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2005, 05:57:27 pm »
TG when there is no enemy ship in the mission, couldn't you just leave and that would be the end of the mission?
Life is short... running makes it seem longer.

"A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Offline FPF-SCM_TraceyG_XC

• Empress of the Empire
  • Commander
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2005, 06:00:03 pm »
TG when there is no enemy ship in the mission, couldn't you just leave and that would be the end of the mission?

It will be fixed in the next recompile
Captain FPF-TraceyG, Federation Protection Fleet

SFC2.net Admin member
SFC3.net Admin member
Voting member of the DGA
Member of XenoCorp, Squadron Commodore

Offline SkyFlyer

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2005, 06:00:30 pm »
And win I mean.
Life is short... running makes it seem longer.

"A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

el-Karnak

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2005, 06:19:45 pm »
Quote from: Josh
Dizzy, Karnak, both of you just suck it up already. The map sizes are as they should be, since space is big and finding a ship or handfull of ships shouldn't be an easy thing to do. So quit whining. Karnak, your post basically just said, "If I can't have it my way, I'm taking my toys and going home." How old are you anyway? Four? If you don't like a server, you don't have to fly on it, but don't gripe long and loud about it. Particularly when you're just jumping on Dizzy's bandwagon.

As the song says, get over it.

In other words, no one is allow to offer a difference of opinion on missions otherwise they'll get shouted down.  It's too bad that the one thing about this community that drives away techies is still prevalent. 

Well, when the underpowered Gorn and the phaser challenged Roms discover every mission has very large maps... too bad. I'm done championing their cause. It's too bad too, lobbyists actually work in this community, but they just dont read these kinds of threads. :(

Lobbyists have always worked in this community. 

Quote from: SkyFlyer
Just to post my view on what karnak said... I read it as, "I have some missions that have tactical warp--you can use them if you want. I don't like the big map sizes, but I'm not making any more new missions to remedy that."

To me he is saying that he is going to complain about it, but other than what he has already, hers not going to do anything to fix it.

Yep.  Just wanted to see if things would change, and got the expected answer from DH. Same attitude as shown for SG4.

That's why I stop scripting.  It's never worth the aggravation....
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 08:10:44 pm by el-Karnak »

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2005, 06:25:30 pm »
<coughs discreelty>

Uhmm Karnak?

I took a shot too...

All I ask for is a *little* recognition...
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2005, 08:02:22 pm »
Ok...back to the subject of this thread...
On the enemy patrol B and A missions, one drone from each rack is being lost, even if you don't fire them. Noticed this in first in a D5L and then a D5D. The Enemy Patrol C didn't seem to do that, nor do the Allied patrols.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

el-Karnak

« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2005, 08:09:02 pm »
<coughs discreelty>

Uhmm Karnak?

I took a shot too...

All I ask for is a *little* recognition...

Gets out magnifying glass. Oh!! It's Hexx...

Hi Hexx!!  How's it going!! ;D

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2005, 08:30:37 pm »
Ok...back to the subject of this thread...
On the enemy patrol B and A missions, one drone from each rack is being lost, even if you don't fire them. Noticed this in first in a D5L and then a D5D. The Enemy Patrol C didn't seem to do that, nor do the Allied patrols.

Very interesting, some of the ED missions do the same.

TG?  ANy ideas?

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2005, 09:17:06 pm »

When your main tactic is to go spd 31 in your Romulan DNH forcing the enemy DN's to disengage b/c they have to stay at high spd to avoid a plasma enema, I suppose that having a large map is harmful to your strategy too, eh?

Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2005, 10:08:12 pm »
In the mission B package, my AI Carrier had his fighters dropped off 52 away from our warped into position.  It took them a few minutes at speed 18 to catch up to the battle.

In another one, vs a base assault, I was surprised to find out I was against the biggest baddest base out there in the game today, but I should have figured on the test server being most likely in late era or some such, my bad.

On another issue, I wish I had noted which mission, but I did get a 2 Klingon draw in a Romulan space, while Lyran.  I know it was a patrol, just not sure A, B, or C.  The hex was below a Klingon base in Romulan territory, so I am guessing I drew from their base instead of the romulan base?

Only flew in one of the new maps so far, but reallly looking forward to flying in some of the others.  As far as space size, ya it is big to get off the map, and this will hurt those who love to fight near a border for the old "I am too damaged so I am outa here, of course that is unless I happen to have damaged you more" tactic (used my most at one time or other, but hey it is a valid tactic, np here).  It may actually force you to decide to either fight, or disengage, and if you are disengaging, as suggested in rules (I think) you are to tell the opponent, and leave, thus not waisting his time.

Since everyone seems to have a view on what Karnak said, here is my 1.3 Canadian cents.  I beleive he was just stating that he cant gripe or complain since he actually did not do the missions or maps(and wont be), so he will fly what is there when he flies.  This is what I got out  of his words.

Josh, I get your message about how big space is, and I have read the series of books too.  IMO I think perhaps most did not care to read through it when you coulda perhaps just stated that you agree with big maps and had the effect you may have been looking for.

TY all for reading this, and I await to see what other stuff will be conceived of my words eheh.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2005, 10:38:15 pm »
When your main tactic is to go spd 31 in your Romulan DNH forcing the enemy DN's to disengage b/c they have to stay at high spd to avoid a plasma enema, I suppose that having a large map is harmful to your strategy too, eh?

Valid tactic. There are many others. You cant tell me that 'Corner Trapping' inst a tactic as well. I wont be minding VLM's this server, I'm flying for the cats.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 11:08:39 pm by Dizzy »

Offline CaptJosh

• Lt.
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2005, 11:33:12 pm »
The fighters being dropped during warp in has been fixed already. I tested it myself. My AI allies did not drop fighters/PFs until within range of the targets. It would have been a valid arguement last week, but the Missions as af the 17th fixed that.

I guess what I'm saying about the complaints is that in war, more often than not, you don't pick your battlefield, your battlefield picks you. At that point, adapt or die. I think Sun Tzu put it best in The Art of War: In difficult ground, press on. In encircled ground, devise stratagems. In death ground, fight.

As for why I hollered at Dizzy, he was the one who drove Tracey away last time. Frankly, I'd rather have Tracey around. She's smart, funny, arguably the best coder we have around, and I'd put real money on her lookin' a damn sight better better than Dizzy and Karnak. :D
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2005, 11:51:31 pm »
The fighters being dropped during warp in has been fixed already. I tested it myself. My AI allies did not drop fighters/PFs until within range of the targets. It would have been a valid arguement last week, but the Missions as af the 17th fixed that.

I guess what I'm saying about the complaints is that in war, more often than not, you don't pick your battlefield, your battlefield picks you. At that point, adapt or die. I think Sun Tzu put it best in The Art of War: In difficult ground, press on. In encircled ground, devise stratagems. In death ground, fight.

As for why I hollered at Dizzy, he was the one who drove Tracey away last time. Frankly, I'd rather have Tracey around. She's smart, funny, arguably the best coder we have around, and I'd put real money on her lookin' a damn sight better better than Dizzy and Karnak. :D

Unless you care to quote Tracey on her blaming me for while she left, you can stfu now, thanls.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2005, 12:13:48 am »

Unless you care to quote Tracey on her blaming me for while she left, you can stfu now, thanls.

I blaimed you for that, he;s quoting me