Topic: SFC3 ship Editi Utility  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
SFC3 ship Editi Utility
« on: June 16, 2005, 04:53:35 pm »
I can't remember what it was called, but didn't someone make a utility for SFC3 that allowd you to create SFC3 schematics and stuff for the game.  It even had a GUI that allowed you to move system Icons of the ship (Hardpoints I guess) that would show up in the game.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?  I can't remember the name of the utility.
"I sure am glad I like SFB!" - Magnum357 (me)

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
Re: SFC3 ship Editi Utility
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 05:16:35 pm »
Nevermind.  I found it on a old Data Disc CD I have.  I could upload the file to Dyanverse if someone could tell me who I should contact to give it too.

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
  • Sfc3files Dept Site Admin
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 05:48:53 pm »
It's already at Sfc3files, STG, and Nightsoft.

On the subject of Ship editing, I'm learning how to program, and a SFC3 Ship Add/Refit Utility is my first attempt in mind....

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 01:45:58 am »
SFC3 could really use a Ship Edit utility.  I remember someone was making one called "Core Edit" over a year ago, but the guy hasn't shown back on the boards since.  I hope you do make one because making mods for SFC3 by hand is kinda tough.   ::)

Offline CyberTrekFan

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 08:23:32 pm »
I happen to know the guys over @ http://www.trek-online.com are creating a SFC Refit utility program that actually makes your hard points and arcs for you on the default core and loadout automaticly like the Dedreix Utility does but this program they are making will actually enable you to open the GF file and hardpoint your ship, add the specefic power items, bridge items, hull items, and then weaponry, and officers all at once giving you a text document which you will then cut and paste into the loadout and cores.

Look for this to come out in about a month or so after the next Near Distant Future Campaign, for more info check out http://www.theneardistantfuture.net and http://www.trek-online.com

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
  • Sfc3files Dept Site Admin
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 11:29:45 pm »
Oh, well, I'll make my version, I need the experiance anyway.

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 02:51:59 am »
Whatever happend to either of these two projects?  Never heard any further progress?  It would be nice to see new utilities come out for modifying SFC3.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.