Topic: OK Let's Get this thing started...  (Read 934 times)

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
OK Let's Get this thing started...
« on: June 08, 2005, 03:04:17 pm »
Yep after perhaps two of the most screwed up weeks of my life (where any little thing that could go wrong did)
I've managed to reassemble my life and more importantly- the computer.
Now I can kill some people on my server and...
you all went ahead and ran it didn't you?
Couldn't wait until I showed up and got to play
grrrr

Anyways uhmm huge apologies for dropping out of sight (for those of you who
noticed I was gone) As I said- had some stuf come up and some stuff break down.

Many apologies offered to DH who probably cursed me out at least once for dissaperaing.
Ddin't get any PM's from him demanding to know where I was so that's got to be bad..
on the other hand he was pretty much running it the way he saw fit anyway sooo..

Now -the plethora of PM's- I'm actually not going to respond to the rules questions ones. Although I'll
han on to them so when Im writing rules sets in the future I can use them .
And the complaints...
Well to all who took time to offer critiques and well thought out concerns I thank you- I'll look into everything
to see where I screwed up so later servers won't have some of the issues

To those who just bothered with the accusations, thanks and feel free not to play on anything I put up again.

Anyway- I have NO idea why the Ai was so unbalanced at times. It May (although I don't know how) have had something
to do with the fact the Darths got Lyrans as Allies- this was ENTIRELY my fault (although I'm sure you knew that)
Originally the Lyrans were supposed to be used, they were changed to Hydrans (with Fed ships) on a later map
but I screwed up and sent DH the map with the Lyrans (without Fed ships)
I'll be extar careful in the future to only keep the current copy of naything readily accessable rahter than having 6 or so versions of
stuff next to each other.

Other than that hope everyone had a semi decent time anyway. 
Even if you didn't  get to kill me..  :P

Oh and I should say Thanks! to all who decided to work through my mistakes and give Mirror 2 a go
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 03:32:09 pm by Hexx »
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
Re: OK Let's Get this thing started...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 03:33:56 pm »

Thanks, man, it was fun!  Fed vs. Fed combat is definitely...... different!

-S'Cipio  (AKA Jar Jar Salacious)
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 06:47:38 pm »
Fed vs. Fed was nasty, cruel and bloody viscious, so much fun was had. Thank you.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 07:41:32 pm »
In setting a civil war would it not make sense to set the tensions of all the other races the same to both sides in the civil war?  Either like or hate both?
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 10:11:05 pm »
hey you missed a BLAST.  It was very fun, even if there were a few confusions on the rules in places.

QUOTETo those who just bothered with the accusations, thanks and feel free not to play on anything I put up againUNQUOTE

Sorry you had to put up with any of that because most of it went quite well, and frankly, I would love to fly another like that, just suggesting a different race.