Topic: Gorns.. How did you let this happen?!  (Read 3993 times)

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
Re: Gorns.. How did you let this happen?!
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2005, 10:57:21 pm »
Someday we will all move on.  Someday there will be a replacement for all the Star Trek games.  There is a good size market for ST games.  Unfortunately for the different communities, they are spread over quite a few titles.  How much healthier would the community be if all the Trek fans played only one game?  D2+D3+BC= a good number a people.  When a company finially pulls their head out and makes a worthy of Star Trek, Star Trek fans alone would make the game a "success" for the company.  It's not a matter of "if" but when, heck, I waited 10 years for SFC1 to come out.

If they made a game better than OP. I'd play it.

No game exits
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Mr.Bad151

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2005, 11:13:21 pm »
I don't think SFC2 and SFC3 are vastly different, although I've never played bridge command so idea on that one, but SFC2 and 3 are both naval simulators.  Both share many common tactics and stratagies.  Weapons pretty much work the same way.  There are differences, but mainly the difference is in the "feel" of the games.  I think the games are close enough that should the source code for SFC 2 OP get released, that with a few subtle changes, SFCOP could win over the SFC3 crowd.

One of the things I like about SFC3 are the interfaces.  The interfaces for both commanding a ship and on the dynaverse are far "cleaner" and far more intuitive.  Being an old SFBer, I just can't get over warping in combat.. ick.  I can do it, but I don't think I will ever like it.
"As the radius of my knowledge increases, so does the circumference of my ignorance"

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2005, 11:28:45 pm »

If they made a game better than OP. I'd play it.

No game exits

Strip Poker  :P

762_XC

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2005, 12:22:48 am »
I don't think SFC2 and SFC3 are vastly different

Well they are.  :)