Topic: Thank you Hexx from a little person  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Mantis

• Lt. Junior Grade
Thank you Hexx from a little person
« on: June 04, 2005, 11:09:30 am »
I would like to thank Hexx for setting up Mirror-Mirror in such a way as to make it possible for the smaller ships to have a meaningful role. As a casual player I rarely can get above a CA, and in fact, prefer flying the smaller ships. It was nice to have someplace to fly a CL or lower where you did not have to worry about getting jumped by BCFs  and still be able to make a contribution for your side. The big ships still got to duke it out, but the smaller ships could enter fights and still have a chance.

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
Re: Thank you Hexx from a little person
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 01:01:23 pm »
I too so totally agree, and found it very refreshing to know that I could fly a Frig or Light and never face anything bigger in PvP than a Light if I so wished.  I do fly enough to fly the DNs and big heavies, but found that all classes were great fun. 

TY  Hexx

Offline LordSaxon

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Honor before Fear.....
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 03:35:24 pm »
I REALLY like the map set-up, where being in a CL can give you an advantage to stop enemy heavies by hitting their rear LoS on the bridge. I had a great time flying with Mantis, even when we grapped an enemy SIth and were blown to bits by his BCF. Thanks for flying w/ me.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 06:02:56 pm »
As someone who does not like to fly BCHs, DNs and BBs I am in total agreement.  I spent much of this server in a F-CLC and a F-DDL and enjoyed it all.  I briefly flew a F-CF and a F-CAR+ but had the most fun in the little ships.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 06:27:59 pm »
I also really liked the idea of an area where only smaller ships were permitted.
Would have been even more enjoyable if a lot more players would have read the rules to realize it, tho... ;)
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Barack Beard

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 01:48:06 am »
Despite any rules confusion I have to say this is my favorite server since SSII, I had a totall blast and my thoughts of possible retirement have been chased from my mind

Offline deadmansix

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 05:07:32 am »

Thanks To Hex for puting on this server and to all who flew it even though I missed out most of the last week (thanks to  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: windows, god I hate windows) sorry Darths { and I never got a chance to get even with JarJar Soreyes}