Topic: Sportsmanship on Mirror Mirror  (Read 1376 times)

Offline ShadowLord

• Lt.
Sportsmanship on Mirror Mirror
« on: June 02, 2005, 09:07:42 am »
Hi all,

Well most of the Mirror Mirror posting are usually complaints so here is two fine examples of sportsmanship..

Yesterday I log online around 9AM -- Netman was the only player online and was hitting 18 18 with a HC hull..I thought hey maybe thats a nebula hex and he doesn't know the rule. I waited till he was out of mission and said good morning to him. Then very polity asked if 18 18 was a Heb hex..he said nope it was a Black Hole -- we had a quick little chat and everything ended very polite with no ruffled feathers. I tried very hard to just ask the question and be polite instead of being accusatory and it worked..Later I realized hey I could have figured out if this was neb or BH by checking out the DV but I didnt think of that at the time..So Netman thanks for taking my question exactly as it was intended -- a simple ploite question.

Number 2 --

A 2v2 matchup -- Zodiac Steve (DN) GarbageScow (BCG) vs DarthHertz (DN) and DarthRed?(BCG) -- they have an AI which we take out in the first pass of the game. Game is moving along both sides really only taking minor damage when Steve gets hit with some major lag. His DN starts to take some decent damage..we bring up the lag issue and DieHard..agrees to let us fly off the map due to lag...

I have always lived by what goes around comes around..countless times I have allowed other players similar chances to restart a match when lag issues get called (granted in almost all cases they were ladder matches)..anyways by and large I like to think I have a fairly good reputation for being honest win or loose and playing only the fair game. So to DH thanks for agreeing to let us off the map instead of forcing a match that might have been won or lost due to lag.

GarbageScow
ShadowLord

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Sportsmanship on Mirror Mirror
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 10:09:51 am »
Outstanding sportsmanship. I always like these kinds of posts.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 10:09:55 am »
Lag bad!  
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline FPF-Paladin

• 'Thou shalt not CAD.' - DH
  • Lt.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 02:42:15 pm »
Agreed, I like to see this sort of thing too... I'm a huge believer in honour (Respect your fellow player.) and it's good to see it's still alive and kicking.
~Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it. ~

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 07:26:33 pm »
 :goodpost:
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 12:12:13 pm »
I wish to say the same for Jar Jar Soreyes(,man I hope it was you, if not correct me), as he and I flew last night.  In our first connection I had better AI draft, but the lag was unreal and I was taking damage for no apparent reason. He asked me if I would like a restart in same hex, and alt out of this mission.  I said we will continue a bit, but that proved undoable on my end.  He had no lag, but I would shoot at range 3, only to hit at range 9, and then get a wooping from him, so we restarted.

On the second game, I still got an AI better offering.  We flew, he took damage, i took some damage, he took more.  He turned towards edge of map, headed off.  I fired token single phaser shots at him as he left.   TY for the offer of the second match.

Also, just so you know, I stayed till my ship died, even though it put me up  2 more hours later than I wanted.  This morning was dang near impossible to drag my butt outa bed.

Offline Barack Beard

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 02:47:01 pm »
+1 Karma for you then for not logging off behind the lines.  I always considered that part of the  deepstriking code of honor, nothing in the rules against it but I always live by that principle finding it more honorable and challanging.

Offline KBF-Netman

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 06:25:12 am »
Flying with Pesty on deepstrike missions is worth all the time i use playing OP and us being hunted down by JarJar Soreyes just makes it even better.
Best time i have had on this server to date, looking forward to more of it :) 
<salute> to Jar Jar Soreyes for his integrity, skill and courage.
<salute> to Pesty for the example we should all follow.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005, 06:31:59 am »
Don't forget the <salute> to the fine Terran ships we lost to Chutt in his DNH.. Scratch 1 BCF and 1 NCV.

Great games Chutt... and nice revenge for me running ya off in your HDW... very well fought matches.. but a DNH against a lone NCV isn't much of a match.. I would have run, but I was deep striking, so couldn't run, and the kill was a good one <S>.

also a <S> to Darth Netman for being an excellent wing.. we made a great match.. but even if we could have stayed connected against Chutt in his DNH, I think he would have still mopped the floor with us using that ship of his.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Barack Beard

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2005, 07:49:04 am »
Yes good games indeed, you would have given me alot of trouble if the connection had held likely forcing me to choose a tactic of damaging you leaving and then trying to draft you again.

Offline Julin Eurthyr

• Veltrassi Ambassador at Large
  • Lt. Commander
  • Back in Exile due to Win 7 - ISC RM/Strat Com.
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2005, 09:02:31 am »
Darth Gator earns a <S> for his activities performed last night...

AKA: Koloth Kinshaya - Lord of the House Kinshaya in the Klingon Empire
S'Leth - Romulan Admiral
Some anonymous strongman in Prime Industries