Topic: Discussion on Dyna went wierd  (Read 4398 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Discussion on Dyna went wierd
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2005, 09:59:05 am »
<snikers> I bet you where a Rules Lawyer also in AD&D.  ;)

Stephen just trying to lighten things up here.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2005, 10:05:42 am »
Perhaps it's not the point, it's the manner in which you are making it.

My initial manner in how I responded to this thread has been acknowledeged and addressed. The most recent thing I am referring to is this thought:

Frankly, this "Discussion on Dyna went wierd" post should never have been started here in the first place, if  per regular dyna conduct rules Pesty had taken his concerns to his RM and allowed his complaint/concersn to be worked out through the 2 sides' leaders, not posted publicly here where it was bound to draw a response.

Which is why I sent my screenshot to Julin when, after watching them move twice through Nebs, I drafted an enemy  CF  in a Neb hex last night.  ;D
I mean, that's why we have RMs, right?  ;)
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2005, 12:15:26 pm »
hey LordKrueg, out of curiosity only, was the neb in question in the middle of the map or within the Terran or Fed space?

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2005, 12:20:57 pm »
In the middle, the player in question was moving through the Neb hexes to strike at a Black Hole hex (ours) that was 3 deep (along the Black Hole line. I did explain while in mission that the Neb hexes with the "home space" were OK for a CA to move through. The player apparently understood that moving through Nebs was OK, just he couldn't attack in them.
After almost 2 weeks of "discussions" by both sides, even multiple listings of exactly what ships can and cannot fly in Nebs, we still seem to have players...confused...on it.  :-X
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2005, 12:25:35 pm »
TY

Offline Mazeppa

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • (Ret.)
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2005, 01:15:28 pm »
lol, my karma went down again and I thought I was making a good point....

I am a veteran of too many of these squabbles, and they usually end badly.  I hope you guys can settle this in a civil manner.  but if you cannot, I'll get some popcorn and lurk away, when I'm not looking for more Earth victims. 

However, Steve Zodiac, + karma to you for the "Steve Zodiac" personna.  I thought i was the only one on the Planet that remembered the adventures of Fireball XL-5. 

Relax, nuzzle Venus, and go patrol Sector 25.  It's all good, bro.
Mazeppa
Son of K'otv
A Retired But Proud Member of the Klingon Black Fleet

www.uschess.org
www.ochess.org
www.okschess.org

Offline Doctor Lazarus

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • By Grabthar's Hammer!
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2005, 01:43:08 pm »
Fireball XL5 was set in the year 2063, the series charted the interplanetary adventures of a spacecraft and its crew: handsome blonde pilot Steve Zodiac, glamorous blonde space doctor Venus, a math genius and a robot.

Fireball XL5 was part of a World Space Fleet based at Space City, an isalnd in the Pacific Ocean, run by Commander Zero and Leutenant Ninety. It's mission to patrol sector 25 of the universe, beyond the solar system. The biggest craft of its kind, the 300-foot long XL5 had a detachable nose cone called Fireball Junior, used for landings while the mothership stayed in orbit.

Characters:

COLONEL STEVE ZODIAC The handsome dynamic pilot of Fireball XL5

PROFESSOR MATHEW "MATT" MATTIC XL5's bespectacled navigator and science officer

VENUS The crew's medical expert and Steve's romantic interest.

ZOONIE A strange looking creature called a Lazoon who is Venus' pet.

ROBERT THE ROBOT The transparent mechanical companion and co-pilot to Steve

COMMANDER ZERO He is the head of Space City (XL5's base) and coordinates all Fireball missions.

LIEUTENANT NINETY Assists Commander Zero in Star City.

Offline Doctor Lazarus

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • By Grabthar's Hammer!
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2005, 01:48:14 pm »
before kirk, spock and mcCoy, there was...

Offline Doctor Lazarus

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • By Grabthar's Hammer!
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2005, 02:01:03 pm »
Fireball -- This is an extended version of the Fireball XL5 end theme, which is a minute longer than what is heard in the series and on the Fanderson CD. This version was commercially released as a single, and reached number 32 in the UK charts -- the only chart hit Barry Gray ever made! Accompaniment directed by Charles Blackwell, and vocal by Don Spencer (982k, mono, 2 min 6 sec, released March 1963)

http://ufoseries.com/barry/fireball.mp3

Offline Mazeppa

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • (Ret.)
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2005, 02:06:16 pm »
OK, you win.  You like Fireball XL-5 Better. 

Supercar?
Mazeppa
Son of K'otv
A Retired But Proud Member of the Klingon Black Fleet

www.uschess.org
www.ochess.org
www.okschess.org

Offline Doctor Lazarus

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • By Grabthar's Hammer!
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2005, 02:18:48 pm »
http://ufoseries.com/barry/supercarTheme2.mp3

The adventures of Mike Mercury, test pilot for Supercar a space-age vehicle designed and built by Professor Popkiss and Doctor Beaker. This fabulous craft is automobile, aircraft, spaceship and submarine in one. Operating from their laboratory in Black Rock Nevada, Mercury and his young friend, Jimmy Gibson, and his pet monkey Mitch get up to various escapades often foiling the schemes of the villainous Masterspy and his companion Zarin.

Not a favorite of mine, but my brother really liked it. Fireball XL5 and Stingray were more to my liking.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 02:41:32 pm by Steve Zodiac »

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2005, 07:59:20 pm »
LOL, all this talk about your name and stuff, and only after I see the pictures do I remember what you guys are all talking about.  I used to watch those when I was a youngster some 35 years ago.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2005, 10:10:52 pm »
LOL, all this talk about your name and stuff, and only after I see the pictures do I remember what you guys are all talking about.  I used to watch those when I was a youngster some 35 years ago.

Good Grief, you make me feel young. I'm just turning 35 next month. I feel about 60 though.

Hey Steve, thanks for taking my joke in a lighthearted manner.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Doctor Lazarus

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • By Grabthar's Hammer!
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2005, 02:15:04 am »
 :rules: :lol:

Offline Marikar

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2005, 02:40:38 am »
Personally I like all the Gerry Anderson series, but my favourite was Captain Scarlet, a close second was Thunderbirds.  I remember those earlier series as well, but didn't like them as much, sorry. :)