Topic: STOP FLYING CAs IN THE NEBULAs!!!!  (Read 1098 times)

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
STOP FLYING CAs IN THE NEBULAs!!!!
« on: May 25, 2005, 04:57:01 pm »
It's against the fricking rules people.   nebulas are for CL and smaller ships.

have a nice day   ;D
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
Re: STOP FLYING CAs IN THE NEBULAs!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 08:56:06 pm »
 :goodpost:
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline FPF-Paladin

• 'Thou shalt not CAD.' - DH
  • Lt.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 12:10:42 am »
I'll be upfront with you all... the rules sometimes can be sort of vague and seem contradictory at times, but I'm sure we'd all like to see the campaign played honorably.

There have been some complaints about heavy cruiser class ships being seen moving around in nebulas.  Nebulas are territory only for light cruiser class or smaller, if you did not know this before please stop now.  No one is going to really mind that it has happened so long as it doesn't continue.

I also fully realize that this may well be pilots flying that don't use voice comms or frequent forums, if some effort to reach them via general chat could be made I would appreciate it (thanks DH).
~Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it. ~

Offline FPF-Paladin

• 'Thou shalt not CAD.' - DH
  • Lt.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 10:35:36 am »
A bump, not brought on by current violations but just a reminder.

Why should we follow this rule?  This is why, IMHO.

Others are going through the trouble of setting up campaigns.  Campaigns often have rules that are there for campaign flavour than to prevent normal actions... in this case we have a huge swath of area dividing us with low DV maxes.

The restriction is less a restriction, more an extra challenge that exists for those who desire to test themselves there or fly smaller hulls without worrying about being "out-ironed" - it's here to give the campaign some uniqueness.

If pilots intentionally or not refuse to honour (and it is honour or we'd need more RMs than actual flying pilots just to sit over everyones' shoulders...) these attempts at providing flavour, eventually the people doing all the work will tire of being unappreciated and stop trying to come up with creative options like this.  Or worse, maybe give up on organizing campaigns period.

I haven't received any further complaints but I would like to see things played out smoothly from here so I ask it remains this way...

Thank you  :police:

~Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it. ~

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 11:52:05 am »
As someone who has been extensively flying in the central nebula (F-DDL+) I have yet to encounter anyone at all in the nebula.

I've also drifted over to the imperial territories (northern path) on my nebula wanderings.  Some people seem to follow in behind me turning the blue back to red but I haven't seen them.  (That is how I found the former base at 14,10 - others followed up with the actual removal. :) )
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Barack Beard

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 02:32:02 pm »
One other note:

Players should ask for clarifications before making any accusations as ai icon also are moving on the map.  A couple of times I thought an enemy player was moving a CA through the nebs but on checking who was on I realised they were ai markers.

Offline Lear

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 08:35:46 pm »
Only if the Neb hex is in the center of the board????

Offline Barack Beard

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 10:29:39 pm »
Only if the Neb hex is in the center of the board????

Correct