Topic: Clarification on Miror rules  (Read 983 times)

Offline KBF-Netman

• Lt. Junior Grade
Clarification on Miror rules
« on: May 25, 2005, 01:34:43 pm »
And here comes the drama

I was in my frig , trying to keep the Jar Jars Kilroy and Belanger ( who had a carrier and a HC) from taking the Hex at 15,6. My strategy was to keep running quick missions and keep the hex DV up by avoiding PVP games. After a struggle for  hour and a half, I moved into the hex (while it showed them in mission) and ran a mission. When the game loaded up , i found myself in a mission with both of them ( they also had the support on an AI) . I was without any AI support. I asked if i had drafted them as they came out mission and they answered "no, we were waiting for you". I told them that it showed them as being in mission and i got the response "lol" ( i thought it was funny too, being in a 3v1) .. Next , I lowered my shields and waited for their responce (which was death and it was quick), i responded with "gg" and took the 30 minute penalty . I guess i am happy that i kept them from moving on for 90 minutes :)

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
Re: Clarification on Miror rules
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 01:53:33 pm »
I asked if i had drafted them as they came out mission and they answered "no, we were waiting for you". I told them that it showed them as being in mission and i got the response "lol" ( i thought it was funny too, being in a 3v1) .. Next , I lowered my shields and waited for their responce (which was death and it was quick), i responded with "gg" and took the 30 minute penalty . I guess i am happy that i kept them from moving on for 90 minutes :)

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE

You can type /afk in the chat line, and your name will darken as if you were in mission.  It is a common "anti-submarine" tactic when you are trying to ambush someone who is trying to work "underneath" you. 

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------

Offline FPF-Paladin

• 'Thou shalt not CAD.' - DH
  • Lt.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 01:54:53 pm »
If you type '/afk' in the chat in D2 your name will darken as if you are in mission.  They probably were waiting for you (to be honest, having done it and had it done to me)... but you know that really is a crap draw for a mission against 2 live pilots  :o
~Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it. ~

Offline KBF-Netman

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 02:35:13 pm »
If you type '/afk' in the chat in D2 your name will darken as if you are in mission.  They probably were waiting for you (to be honest, having done it and had it done to me)... but you know that really is a crap draw for a mission against 2 live pilots  :o

Thank you for that info.. You know how it is , Lifes a bitch and then you die ( or u marry one) :haha

Offline LordSaxon

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Honor before Fear.....
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 02:40:03 pm »
The rules that need to be READ are about draft dodging and moving CA's through the center nebulas...........you know who you are so lets get it together and fight honorably.

Offline KBF-Netman

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 02:51:18 pm »
what exactly is draft dodging and what is the rule on it?

Offline CaptJosh

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 03:07:53 pm »
Draft dodging is logging out when you've been drafted or simply waiting and never accepting the draft, thus causing the timer to run out on the part of the person drafting. The rule is that you don't do it. Period. The reason for this is that it counts as a forfeit of a PvP match and the server kit was never written with a way to handle this gracefully. Thus doing so causes a huge spike in server load because the software effectively panics. If you can't win, you can always withdraw with the appropriate penalty applied.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline KBF-Netman

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 03:20:11 pm »
Draft dodging is logging out when you've been drafted or simply waiting and never accepting the draft, thus causing the timer to run out on the part of the person drafting. The rule is that you don't do it. Period. The reason for this is that it counts as a forfeit of a PvP match and the server kit was never written with a way to handle this gracefully. Thus doing so causes a huge spike in server load because the software effectively panics. If you can't win, you can always withdraw with the appropriate penalty applied.

Thank you Sir, msg recieved and understood :)

Offline kilroy

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 10:00:00 pm »
yup thats exactly what we did.
hehehehehehehehehe
teach you to run missions under us. ;D
i didnt know my team mate was there though. thought he was in a mission byhimself .
we had a good laugh over that one.

kilroy