Topic: I would like to thank Hexx . . .  (Read 1302 times)

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
I would like to thank Hexx . . .
« on: June 02, 2005, 10:01:00 am »
 . . .  for creating a rules-set that makes Deepstriking with a DN a good idea ;D

Last night was a blast!   Only reason I stopped was because I had to go to bed.   

See you all tonight for round 2 of "Hunt the Clinton."
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline LordSaxon

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Honor before Fear.....
Re: I would like to thank Hexx . . .
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 10:28:49 am »
I'm glad your having so much fun dodging every possible PvP to stroll around in our space. I mean, at one point you were in the middle between 3 enemy bases, each with one defender, and you move off into another empty hex. What Courage!
Sorry if this sounds a little testy, but with the AFK feature not working, by the time the map updates you're already along to next hex in mission vs. the AI. Makes for some very boring periods of waiting, hoping you might move into a defender's hex.
Can you admin types please note how important a draft radius of one instead of zero would make sense?
It's like playing cat and mouse, yet the cat is the one running away...  just my 2 cents on the whole issue, not an attack on anyone's character. You may fly to whatever hex you like, just been really boring for us lately.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 10:39:20 am »
...you left out logging off behind enemy lines... :o
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline LordSaxon

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Honor before Fear.....
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 10:41:27 am »
No, Self-destructing at the end of the night is the way to go I guess. It only costs you like 3-4K PP as you get a smaller dread for replacement, and the enemy has no chance of scoring a kill or VC!

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 11:02:44 am »
After 1 AM it doesn't count  :P

I have to go to bed eventually.

Offline Mazeppa

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • (Ret.)
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 11:16:00 am »

This may seem bizzare, but I must come to DH's defense here.  His speech was slightly slurred and he was pretty tired when he logged off.  He was either exhausted, drunk, or both when he quit for the night.
Mazeppa
Son of K'otv
A Retired But Proud Member of the Klingon Black Fleet

www.uschess.org
www.ochess.org
www.okschess.org

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 11:20:25 am »
....sounds like me the same night, er morning when at 4am I logged off back in federation territory after spending more time than planned behind lines. Wraith added to the time it took some.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 11:36:30 am »
I'll stop the DSing in a DN.  I didn't know it was pissing people off this much.

It is fun though being hounded like a dog but Saxxon is right, it is very easy to avoid getting caught.   

Offline Barack Beard

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 11:43:01 pm »
I never found anything at all objectionable about your deepstriking in a DN, thought it was a damn good idea actually.  I think the thing that gets folkes riled up is when you logg off behind enemy lines or self destruct to get back home.  Neither breaks any rules yet I personally choose not to do either.

In both cases you are denying those "hunting" you chances to track you down, it is usually a matter of time before you are caught unless you get back, although catching a deepstriker doesn't always mean a dead deepstriker.  Self destructing is also often percieved, rightly or not, as a deliberate attempt to prevent a damaged ship from being caught and killed for VCs.

I think in the future, that logging off behind the lines in a VC ship, self destructing behind the lines a vc ship, or dying to ai in a vc ship while deepstriking,  might be considered as giving up the vcs.  An exception should be made for computer difficulties such as ISP issues and server outages.  Additionally I believe that if there is lag an offer be made to redo the mission in the same hex with the same opponent in the case of a deepstrike (that one occurred to me last night) Yes I know that ups the ante making the risks greater, but thats why the deepstrike is so much fun and so addictive.