Topic: Mirror-Mirror Kill Thread  (Read 23082 times)

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
Re: Mirror-Mirror Kill Thread
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2005, 09:30:02 am »
LK

I think your last line should have read --

Kills in a DN will never count for VP's

You can still collect VP's for killing PVP using BCH hulls and you can loose VP's for flying off the map in BCH hulls.

GarbageScow

Yeah, yeah...it's still early and I haven't had my RDA of coffee... :P
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Mazeppa

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • (Ret.)
« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2005, 09:31:04 am »
Correct, no kills can be scored period in a DN. But BCHs are also never worth Kill VPs, unless run off in an even fight. Dying in a BCH, irrigardless of the odds, will gain no one any VPs, only disengagements in a BCH yield VPs.

4B)PvP rules
Your PvP kills are counted when you are the only player in a mission on your side.
If you have a wing and he drops then nothing is counted.
You score one point per kill posted in a thread for PvP kills.
Kills scored while flying a DN do not count.
-You must survive the fight to claim a kill. Killing one player then leaving the map is permissable.
Killing one pleyer then dying means you may not claim a kill.
4C)Any DN or BCH that disengages in an even numbered fight gives up 1 VP to the other side.

4D)No ship with Limited numbers (DN's/Carriers) may wing together. If you find yourself drafted one of you
must leave.

46b) Always tow Darth J'inn to the border
46b1) 1VP awarded for screenshot of DArth J'inn thanking you for sparing his life (after tow to border) and you
killing him before he can actually warp off.

Did you type BCH when you meant DN?  It looks like BCH kills and disengagements count for a point.
Mazeppa
Son of K'otv
A Retired But Proud Member of the Klingon Black Fleet

www.uschess.org
www.ochess.org
www.okschess.org

Offline ShadowLord

• Lt.
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2005, 09:55:09 am »
Don't worry zep I already corrected him -- you know officers can't trust them to do anything correctly..now what name are you flying under? Lets get some fair ships and go to town!!!

GarbageScow
ShadowLord

Offline LordSaxon

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Honor before Fear.....
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2005, 10:15:42 am »
Destroyed DarthHelmet 1v1, CF vs. CF.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2005, 10:20:17 am »
 ;D
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2005, 10:21:16 am »
Correct, no kills can be scored period in a DN. But BCHs are also never worth Kill VPs, unless run off in an even fight. Dying in a BCH, irrigardless of the odds, will gain no one any VPs, only disengagements in a BCH yield VPs.

4B)PvP rules
Your PvP kills are counted when you are the only player in a mission on your side.
If you have a wing and he drops then nothing is counted.
You score one point per kill posted in a thread for PvP kills.
Kills scored while flying a DN do not count.
-You must survive the fight to claim a kill. Killing one player then leaving the map is permissable.
Killing one pleyer then dying means you may not claim a kill.
4C)Any DN or BCH that disengages in an even numbered fight gives up 1 VP to the other side.

4D)No ship with Limited numbers (DN's/Carriers) may wing together. If you find yourself drafted one of you
must leave.

46b) Always tow Darth J'inn to the border
46b1) 1VP awarded for screenshot of DArth J'inn thanking you for sparing his life (after tow to border) and you
killing him before he can actually warp off.

Did you type BCH when you meant DN?  It looks like BCH kills and disengagements count for a point.

DN's count for nothing (including killing, being killed by).. 

a BCH killing someone counts for nothing.. a BCH being killed by you counts for nothing... only a score mark to become a top player to get VC's at end of server and only in 1 vs 1 battle.

making a DN or a BCH Disenge counts for a VC.. only in a 1 vs 1 PVP

killing someone while you are flying a DN counts for nothing.. not even a PVP score count.

PVP 1 on 1 in any ship from Carrier down (DN's not included) counts for points to rack up on PVP in order to gain a VC as listed per rules by the chart.

-Being the top PVP player 25
-Being PvP player #2         15
-Being PvP player #3         10
-Being PvP player#4          05

Now you only get VC scores for the above chart if you are one of the top 4 players in 1 vs 1 Non-DN PVP matches (meaning the victor of the matches is not flying a DN)..

« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 10:31:29 am by Darth Pestalence_XC »
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2005, 10:22:09 am »
Not worth anything but . . . .

Jar Jar Sore eyes's F-DNH drafted me in a wounded K-DNH after 3 hours of deepstriking.

GG  :thumbsup:
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Mazeppa

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • (Ret.)
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2005, 10:40:35 am »
Don't worry zep I already corrected him -- you know officers can't trust them to do anything correctly..now what name are you flying under? Lets get some fair ships and go to town!!!

GarbageScow
ShadowLord

I'm flying as Firefox.  So far, I've got four kills, and I have not played that much.  I find this a bit odd, because I never saw myself as a very good Fed pilot.  But I remember the last time I flew Fed with Castrin's Rebel Knights, I did pretty well.  Somebody made the rather irksome comment on chat last night that I have probably been flying the wrong race since 1999......Geez, I might have had a stunning career with the 3rd Fleet. 
Mazeppa
Son of K'otv

www.uschess.org
www.ochess.org
www.okschess.org

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2005, 10:51:35 am »
Can you castle? 

formerly 3rd-TobinDax
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline ShadowLord

• Lt.
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2005, 10:53:22 am »
OMG now I am confused

PESTY are you saying BCH kills don't count -- I didn't see anything in the rules about that..only while flying a DN does your kill not count

If your 1v1 in a BCH it counts as a kill -- at least I belive it does please let me know if I am wrong..(towards total number of kills at end of server --)

I have thought that BCH kills count and BCH disengagements count..

Jeeze seems to be a lot of confusion on this topic with only a few days left on the server..(or it could be just me?)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK reread your post and think I read it correctly this time -- BCH kills do not account for VP by themselves but do count towards the total number of kills you have at the end of the server where the top players will be awarded VP .. Correct?
WHEW --
GarbageScow
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 11:15:57 am by ShadowLord »

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2005, 10:53:49 am »
. . . Somebody made the rather irksome comment on chat last night that I have probably been flying the wrong race since 1999......Geez, I might have had a stunning career with the 3rd Fleet. 

<Whistles innocently . . . >

Offline Mazeppa

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • (Ret.)
« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2005, 10:54:38 am »
Can you castle?

Former 3rd-TobinDax

I had the quick course from Phoenix, and read up on castling on various fleet boards during my SL days. Of course, my motivation for the study was to learn how to break the castle, but we had to learn how the Fed ships (Mostly BCF) flew, and what to expect  In MoK, we spent a fair amount of time practicing C-7 versus BCF battles.  I beat Seki three times straight one night while flying a castling BCF against his C-7.  I have the theory, but have yet to put it to a real test in a long time.  One of the things we learned was the Fed pilot had to know when to castle, and when to fight at faster speeds, and trust your hull and shield regeneration.  

You understand, Fed versus Fed is a very different battle indeed than what most Feds have to face.  The biggest problem for the castling BCF against the C-7 is the missile wave.  BCF against BCF, that is not an issue
Mazeppa
Son of K'otv

www.uschess.org
www.ochess.org
www.okschess.org

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2005, 10:58:52 am »
Fed vs fed = knife fight usually and timing and dice rolls. There were so many feds fleets, that i used to see a lot of this.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2005, 11:04:06 am »
OMG now I am confused

PESTY are you saying BCH kills don't count -- I didn't see anything in the rules about that..only while flying a DN does your kill not count

If your 1v1 in a BCH it counts as a kill -- at least I belive it does please let me know if I am wrong..

I have thought that BCH kills count and BCH disengagements count..

Jeeze seems to be a lot of confusion on this topic with only a few days left on the server..(or it could be just me?)

GarbageScow

You still get a mark (not a VP) for getting a kill while in a BCH, affecting your total Kill for the "Top Gun" awards, which are worth additional VCs. But no additional VPs are awarded, unless you kill a DN.  ;)
And if you die while in a BCH, No VPs are awarded, but the player who killed you gets a mark towards his total kills.
If you RUN while in a BCH, in an even numbered (1v1) match, THEN a VPs is awarded to the player that forced you to disengage...
OK?
I think that's what he meant... ;)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 11:32:25 am by KBFLordKrueg »
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Mazeppa

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • (Ret.)
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2005, 11:08:26 am »
Fed vs fed = knife fight usually and timing and dice rolls. There were so many feds fleets, that i used to see a lot of this.

Yeah, but the Dynaverse Feds that did not play ladder may find flying against Fed a new experience.
Mazeppa
Son of K'otv

www.uschess.org
www.ochess.org
www.okschess.org

Offline ShadowLord

• Lt.
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2005, 11:18:54 am »
Zep must be flying in a Mini and wearing his CFM pumps again..

:)

Duck

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2005, 11:34:42 am »

Yeah, but the Dynaverse Feds that did not play ladder may find flying against Fed a new experience.

Yup, never did it before.  It has been very brutal

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2005, 11:54:15 am »
OK reread your post and think I read it correctly this time -- BCH kills do not account for VP by themselves but do count towards the total number of kills you have at the end of the server where the top players will be awarded VP .. Correct?
WHEW --
GarbageScow

Correct.. Killing a BCH is not a VC, but does give a score mark for total PVP kills... so long as your in a carrier on down (seeing Carriers being a step above the BCH and just below DN).. Only running a BCH off the map counts as a VC.

You still get a mark (not a VP) for getting a kill while in a BCH, affecting your total Kill for the "Top Gun" awards, which are worth additional VCs. But no additional VPs are awarded, unless you kill a DN.

Um only to correct the last part of this statement.. there is no VC for killing a DN, only a VC when you make the DN leave the map.

Killing anything when you are flying a DN counts for nothing, not even PVP score.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 12:04:59 pm by Darth Pestalence_XC »
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline ShadowLord

• Lt.
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2005, 05:55:49 pm »
A battle Royal --

GarbageScow in a BCF with AI helper
VS
FireFox in a BCF with AI helper -

Unreal intense combat --- my arm was shaking after the battle == just about every tactic I could think of was used by the two players to gain and edge -- the battle changed hands a few times but I got lucky with one massive hit that (a guess here only) required firefox to use a number of repairs on engines while I split my reprirs between weapons and engines -- both ships were flying around at top speed (between 10-and 17) in the later stages of the game to avoid plasma F

FireFox was forced to leave the map -=

No kill awarded but the feds gain a VP for the exit

I hope he saved the film -- its a classic..

VGG Bro
GarbageScow

Offline Mazeppa

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • (Ret.)
« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2005, 06:36:23 pm »
VGG to you also, my Klingon Brother!

I've never flown against ShadowLord in a serious match.  Flown with him a lot, in GZ and the dyna, though.  I also knew that we may not hav an opportinith to fly against each other for quite some time, so it was a unique opportunity.  Duck is truly one of the elite players in this game, and when I drafted him, I knew I was in for a very tough match.

We were in a black hole, and duck was doing a masterful job of using the black hole to try and gain an advantage.  it was a great battle, well fought, and I was drained when it was over.  Darn it, I got run off. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 06:46:38 pm by Mazeppa »
Mazeppa
Son of K'otv

www.uschess.org
www.ochess.org
www.okschess.org