Topic: Eco War to be down for a bit tonight  (Read 925 times)

Offline Herr Burt

• Putting the "B" back into SFC
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Providing for the Providers
Eco War to be down for a bit tonight
« on: May 11, 2005, 12:50:34 pm »
I've noticed that the Eco War test server has picked up a few regulars, for which I'm grateful and for which reason I've left it up longer than planned.  I was also very happy to see that it survived five days of my being out of town without crashing.  Likely because there are never more than a few on at a time, but still I'm happy.  (Natrually, with me at home last night and muckng about on my LAN, I managed to make it crash twice.  So the moral of the story is, I should stay away!)

I'm going to take it down for a bit tonight to install Pesty's new dll upgrade.    When it comes back up, if you are interested in it, log on with or without the dll upgrade yourself and let me know how things go for you.   If there are any unexpected problems then maybe we will see them before Hexx launches his mirror mirror comapaign.

I will also clean up a few small problems with some "broken" ships that people have reported.

I'm still not srue what's going on with the reported crash to desktop in the mission that pits you against a lone enemy pirate AI.  I need more imput.  I'll also change the settings so that you see true mission names.  If this crash happens to you, please report:
1)True mission name
2) The ship you are in
3) The ship the lone enemy pirate AI is in.

Thanks, and happy warmongering!

-Herr Burt
Happy Warmongering!

Offline Herr Burt

• Putting the "B" back into SFC
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Providing for the Providers
Re: Eco War to be down for a bit tonight
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 08:21:04 pm »

The server is back up with the new DLL package, and a few problems (hopefully) snipped out of it.  You will no longer be able to buy PFs as standalone ships, but should still be able to buy them to fill out your AxPFTs.  (they may still show some permanent damage, so be warned.)

All I can say about the DLL pack is....... WOW!!!  If if doesn't do anything else, it certainly made the sever package start up faster.  I think it started up with a factor of about 10 faster.

I'm impressed, Pesty.   Now give me a few hours, so I can give you another +1 karma.   ;)

-Herr Burt
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 08:34:39 pm by Herr Burt »
Happy Warmongering!