Topic: A Lion and 42 Midgets  (Read 1026 times)

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
A Lion and 42 Midgets
« on: May 08, 2005, 09:14:57 am »
Shamelessly appropriated this story from another forum   ;)

Spectators cheered as entire Cambodian Midget Fighting League squared off against African Lion

Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated fight, which took place in the city of K�mp�ng Chhn�ng.

The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni, President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his entire league of 42 fighters.

Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."

This campaign is believed to be what sparked the undisclosed fan to challenge the entire league to fight a lion; a challenge that Sihamoni readily accepted.

An African Lion (Panthera Leo) was shipped to centrally located K�mp�ng Chhn�ng especially for the event, which took place last Saturday, April 30, 2005 in the city�s coliseum.

The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.

The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back.

Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they �� could out-wit and out-muscle [it].�

Unfortunately, he was wrong.

Three thoughts immediately went through my head upon reading this

#1  This is definately Darwin Award material

#2  What kinda idiot was leading those midgets?  I mean Hexx isn't Cambodain is he?

#3 I need to try to find out something more about who this idot was out of a morbid curiosity

Here is what my search revealed

The first result explained everything    :P

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Re: A Lion and 42 Midgets
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 09:22:45 am »
So J'inn didn't really go to Arizona with Shop. Rex? 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 10:02:11 am »
#2  What kinda idiot was leading those midgets?  I mean Hexx isn't Cambodain is he?

I know really! I'll bet I could have won and only lost about ten midgets.  ;)

762_XC

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 10:03:22 pm »
I bet the lion was using admin shuttles as midget decoys.

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 10:04:20 pm »
Guys, this is a fake story!

Look at the web site. It's not the BBC