Topic: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  (Read 7869 times)

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
Re: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2005, 12:07:43 am »
Definately the weaker of the two episodes.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2005, 12:34:05 am »
Weaker, maybe, but not that weak.  But then usually the first part of two-parters are better.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2005, 12:43:24 am »
Acting was the complete opposite of what it was last weak; way over the top, rather than subtle.  Slarr-Slarr Binks was laughable, at best.  The last ten to fifteen minutes felt extremely rushed, as if somebody realized that this was only a two-parter at the last minute instead of a three parter.  All in all, not ENT at its best and perhaps one of the weakest second-halves to a two parter in Trek history, a failure made all the more glaring by the terrific set-up it had last week..  The only saving grace was, once again, the set design, proving that you can do TOS in the 21st Century without it looking goofy or primitive to modern audiences.

Offline The Postman

• 1st Sgt, Bugler, Commander, L. A. Tifft Camp 15, SUVCW
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2005, 05:26:49 am »
D--n NY Yankees, I am glad all of you got to see it.

Link: ht

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2005, 05:32:04 pm »
Don't feel too bad, I had to deal with the Detroit UPN station pre-empting Voyager AND Enterprise for the f--king Red Wings AND the Pistons.  So that meant all winter with no new Star Trek.
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2005, 08:17:34 pm »
See my anti-Stoneburnerguys rant thread.  :P ::)

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2005, 11:06:36 pm »
You guys didn't miss much if tonight's episode was preempted where you were.  A very dull, unimaginative, and boring episode.  And the teaser for the finale looks atrocious.  Enterprise is about to go out with a whimper rather than a bang.

Edit: And this episode may have totally violated canon on Colonel Green.  If you enjoy TOS or TNG, you may not want to watch the last three episodes.

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2005, 11:14:29 pm »
Edit: Oh, nevermind.  I must've been confused.  I need sleep!

I've yet to see "Demons" [ENT], but I'd like to see for myself if the episode's good or bad.  One thing I learned here is that everyone's taste differs, and that you usually shouldn't trust anyone's taste but your own.  If it's boring or dull to you, it may not be for some other person.  Which is why I guess I'll go catch it Sunday.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 11:36:37 pm by Chris Johnson »

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2005, 01:35:07 am »
Hey, I'll go with that opinion, Chris.  For me, it's on tomorrow night, but I won't be in, so I'll have to VHS it.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2005, 09:53:49 am »
Don't feel too bad, I had to deal with the Detroit UPN station pre-empting Voyager AND Enterprise for the f--king Red Wings AND the Pistons.  So that meant all winter with no new Star Trek.

Yeah, I always hate it when they show the Red Wings on UPN, If I wanted to watch Hockey in a snow storm, I'd go to Canada and watch their outdoor youth leagues.  Honestly though, I was quite annoyed when In a Mirror, Darkly pt II, was prempted for the stupid Pistons-Seventy-Sixers game last week,  Although, since I'm not going to be home to see Terra Prime this week, I hope they pre-empt it again.  As for TATV, they can bury that right alongside UPN, I've got the plot already picked out, and look foreward to filling both spots in two years.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2005, 10:53:28 am »
If it's boring or dull to you, it may not be for some other person.

I wouldn't say so in this case, simply because nothing of substance really happened and knowing how a lot of people tuned out of ENT because nothing important or interesting was happening on the show.  The only reasonably interesting part of this episode was Travis and his "interactions" or perhaps Harry Groener's character, but that was it.  Trip and T'Pol's situation wasn't utilized as well as it should for character development (and from what I hear, that was because of dictates from B&B during editing).  Peter Weller was badly mis-cast as Paxton; I was almost tempted to turn on my closed captioning just so I could find out what he was half-muttering through his big, Bond villain style speeches.  Or perhaps I should say Dr. Evil speeches, given the kind of super-weapon he gets his hands on.  Plus, there's the possible continuity violations with Colonel Green, but that's another discussion.

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2005, 08:56:15 pm »
I'll discuss it.  What exactly is wrong with Colonel Green?
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2005, 11:29:21 am »
In the TOS episode "Savage Curtain," he was described as a man who led a "genocidal" war in the 21st Century, with a reputation for attacking his enemies whilst in the midst of negotiating with them.  In "Demons," he was described as (although I'll admit that Paxton might have been exagerating) someone who merely euthanized people with radiation sickness, making him sound more like Kodos the Executioner than the original Colonel Green.  Hopefully, since the second part is written by Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens, there'll be something a bit closer to canon injected into his backstory.

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2005, 12:59:44 pm »
I think the fact that Paxton is the one describing this, he sounds a bit nicer than he was.  I think he was a demagogue who used stuff like this to gain power.  He probably led genocidal wars against his own people as well as being extremely untrustworthy and attacking other nations (or whatever political entities had survived the war).
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.