Topic: Snapshots from Canada  (Read 6601 times)

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
Snapshots from Canada
« on: April 24, 2005, 12:26:58 pm »
Canadian refridgerator

Canadian Missile defense system

Burgers arrive at MacDonald's in Canada

Canadian Tax Form

Canadian Police Car

And finally Brett Hull discussing No Hockey in Canada

http://joe-ks.com/MultiMedia/NoHockeyCanada.wmv    ;D

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: Snapshots from Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 01:06:59 pm »
Poker on the deck
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 04:22:58 pm »
I am glad I live on the west coast I hate shovelling snow and I hate it altogether.btw is that real US greenbacks I see.

Offline KAT J'inn

• CFO - Kzinti War Machine, Inc.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 04:31:10 pm »
I am glad I live on the west coast I hate shovelling snow and I hate it altogether.btw is that real US greenbacks I see.

Well you don't expect Canadians to play with Candian money do you???   I mean were's the challange in that?

<runs for cover>

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Lord High Master of Justice
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 04:34:56 pm »

Well you don't expect Canadians to play with Candian money do you??? I mean were's the challange in that?

<runs for cover>

Hey, J'inn, have you priced  a Monopoly game lately?  Better to play with Canadian money...OH!  You mean value!

NPR is a lot like NASCAR.  Two hundred miles an hour in a circle, and you end up right back where you started with nothing but lost time for the effort.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 04:50:56 pm »

Well you don't expect Canadians to play with Candian money do you???   I mean were's the challange in that?

<runs for cover>

high stakes games demand real money

Offline drb

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 04:51:32 pm »
Hoi Folks,

Hinterland Who's Who.

Here we find Hexx the Mighty Lyran Hunter giving his prey a licking!

Take care

drb

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 05:13:04 pm »
ROFLMAO........... very funny pics.loved them all   :)

Offline LindsayLohan

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 07:20:18 pm »
I can see this thread shortly spiraling out of control, haha...

http://gprime.net/video.php/foxoncanada

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2005, 08:03:12 pm »
LOL
I'm amused..
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander

Offline Strafer

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2005, 09:56:58 pm »
That reminds me of a story I heard at a friend's Going Away party...

Brother of the storyteller heading from Ontario to Florida by car to meet up with some buddys. Gets pulled over by a local sherrif in a southern state for having fake plates on the car since there is no State Of Ontario. Brother details how Ontario isn't a state but one of the largest provinces of Canada.

"And what's a Canada?"

"... you know, the country north of the United States?"

"Son there ain't nothing north of the United States."

"*speechless*"

Arrive at the sherrif's office and there covering the wall behind the desk is a very large map, and sure as life Alaska is an island way up north with nothing in between.

With quick thinking, brother then asks if he has the right to the one phone call. He's told he does.

"Do you have the number for the local library?"

After a bit, the librarian arrives with an atlas at the sherrif's office, and after getting to the right page has the sherrif smack his own forehead with an expletive.
Finally got asked for his passport, which the brother showed along with the fresh stamp from the NY border station he crossed, and was free to continue on his merry way.

At least that CNN blonde KNEW Canada existed!
--
Code: [Select]
Lineage II
Server                           Sieghardt                    deviantrealms.com (dead)
Chars       Strafer          L24 Rogue                  L64 Hawkeye
                StrayFar       L64 Tyrant                  L51 Tyrant
                StrawFur      L37 Scavenger            L49 Bounty Hunter
                StraightFour L62 Shillen Elder         L53 Shillen Elder

Offline LindsayLohan

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 02:34:48 am »

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005, 10:34:17 am »
ahhhhhhhhhh   my american friends.Nothing like a little Canadian nationalism   :) in another thread, to bring out American insecurities. roflmao  the more ya put up pictures that show Canada as a back woods country.The more ya think we need you,it just shows you wish you were in canadian shoes(even if they are snow shoes).Even if we express our own insecurities frequently,it does our hearts good,knowing that most of the rest of the world thinks we are foolish in this belief,to which most of the U.S.of A(a great country in it's own right)seems envious that another country would be as successful,without having to push around most of the world. Do we need the U.S.A.       YES!    Does the world need the U.S.A.     absolutely     does the world and U.S.A. need Canada,  without a doubt.For we are the worlds conscience and a place for all to learn.

As for those fox personalities,well,i guess they are more insecure,than most americans.They just have a larger voice than the average american and must perform for an  audience to keep thier jobs.It's just to bad they have to denigrate a country that has supported the U.S.A. in most things,just not eveerything

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Lord High Master of Justice
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2005, 10:57:45 am »
Well, it's like having two neighbors.  The one to the north constantly trying to improve, a good neighbor, even if we do have disputes, and the friendship remains strong, we even forgive the French heritage some of them have.
   To the south we have the people that are constantly stealing our lawnmower, and we really are tired of them.  We need to erect a fence, but one of the idiots in the house thinks we need to fence off both sides of the yard so we don't offend our southern neighbor.
   I'll take the northern neighbors.  At least they hibernate most of the year and leave our stuff alone, unless it is by mutual agreement.

NPR is a lot like NASCAR.  Two hundred miles an hour in a circle, and you end up right back where you started with nothing but lost time for the effort.

Offline drb

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2005, 12:00:04 pm »
Hoi Angel Slayer,

We do not go down to bother you, because when your guys come up here to train you leave a huge pile of stuff behind. Raincoats, which are a big hit with the grunts and arty types up here, humvees (many of these) a tank or two. Lets just say we never run out of things to shot at. So we really have no need to leave when you folks drop stuff off for us anyways. Oh, thanks for all the cool stuff!

Take care

drb

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2005, 10:26:04 pm »
Well, it's like having two neighbors.  The one to the north constantly trying to improve, a good neighbor, even if we do have disputes, and the friendship remains strong, we even forgive the French heritage some of them have.
   To the south we have the people that are constantly stealing our lawnmower, and we really are tired of them.  We need to erect a fence, but one of the idiots in the house thinks we need to fence off both sides of the yard so we don't offend our southern neighbor.
   I'll take the northern neighbors.  At least they hibernate most of the year and leave our stuff alone, unless it is by mutual agreement.

well slayer....thx for the vote of confidence  :) but as for improving,makes it sound liek we r trying to catch upto something.Canada has been named ,i don't know how many times by the U.N., as the most desirable country to live in for the past 3 or 4 years,although i am not sure about this year to be honest.the hard part is staying on top.  :)

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2005, 11:19:35 pm »
The U.N. actually made a decision  :rofl:

Actually I think Canada is a great country likely third on my list after The U.S. and New Zealand (which looks like paradise to me).  I think the only thing I really don't like much about Canada is all the cold weather.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2005, 06:28:39 am »

well slayer....thx for the vote of confidence  :) but as for improving,makes it sound liek we r trying to catch upto something.Canada has been named ,i don't know how many times by the U.N., as the most desirable country to live in for the past 3 or 4 years,although i am not sure about this year to be honest.the hard part is staying on top.  :)

I still can't figure why the U.N. would name Canada that often, if at all. Guess the liberals have been sending funds their way too. Granted I'll take living in Canada over a 3rd world country, but we need to do alot more than just say the politically correct thing, which is about all we've got going.

el-Karnak

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2005, 08:56:35 am »
The U.N. actually made a decision  :rofl:

Actually I think Canada is a great country likely third on my list after The U.S. and New Zealand (which looks like paradise to me).  I think the only thing I really don't like much about Canada is all the cold weather.

Having lived in both countries for many years, actually almost at my 10th year mark in the US, I would analytically say that both countries would be better off if US and Canada united, and Quebec either became another Louisiana, with appropriate state right's protections for language laws, or they went off on their own and suffered under the their crushing share of the Canadian debt coupled with the highest tax regime of any state/province in N. America  (ie. Au revoir and Good Luck!! ;D). 

I think the world woud be better off too cuz a more moderate electorate would prevail in combined US/Canadian politics. Not too far left (ie. generally the norm in Canada) and not too far right (ie. generally the norm in the US).

Plus, an united US/Canada would have the natural resources to compete with any other potential super-power (ie. a resurgent Russia, China, mb India one day). For example, no more oil problem if you got Canada in your pocket.

I also don't think this is a 420 post. If Quebec separates then it could come about relatively quickly.  This Canadian corruption scandal is really making the separtists popular in Quebec again.  Another Quebec separation vote this decade is not inconceivable.   In 1995, some panicking Canadian conservates and ever-resentful Newfoundland were making feelers to the US when the separtists cames within 50,000 votes of winning the Quebec separation referendum. If it went through, France was really tempted to give diplomatic recognition to Quebec and the Canadian gov't. was thinking about sending in the army ala US Civil War style union-ism.  Chaos was a-coming up north...btw, Canada does have an high-quality, if under-equipped, armed forces.  They know how to exert military power, if necessary.  Canada also logged more years in WWI and WW2 than the US, so it won't be hard to get that Nazi-busting groove back in a pinch, and with massive fiscal infusion that would be obviously provided by an alarmed federal gov't.  All former British Empire colonies have a tradition of victory that reaches back to the Napoleonic Wars (ie. don't mess with the Brits!!).

Anyway, I am more pragmatic about ranking Canada and US.  Both have big plusses depending at what life stage you are at.  Definitely, growing up and getting a cost-effective high quality education is better in Canada. Then when you have university-level education, the US is the place to make good $$$ and live well. Then when you retire, you can just pick your favorite place in US or Canada and retire there.  I called it the NAFTA thing which one day may become the united US/Canada (Quebec whatever :rolleyes:)  country thing.

Now that's a realistic RL  Federation to ponder, instead of a dreamy sci-fi one.  :o
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 09:27:57 am by el-Karnak »