Topic: RE KCW  (Read 1811 times)

Offline ShadowLord

• Lt.
RE KCW
« on: April 15, 2005, 08:19:04 am »
Err i see the topic of the KCW creeping up in serveral threads and fingers getting pointed about this or that ..
Guys (and Kroma) there seems to be enough issues going on without creating one over a server that didnt even kick off..
Why bother bringing it up and blaming whoever for whatever..instead assign 3 leaders and start the server ....Just my opinion...

ShadowLord

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
Re: RE KCW
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 09:47:04 am »
Err i see the topic of the KCW creeping up in serveral threads and fingers getting pointed about this or that ..
Guys (and Kroma) there seems to be enough issues going on without creating one over a server that didnt even kick off..
Why bother bringing it up and blaming whoever for whatever..instead assign 3 leaders and start the server ....Just my opinion...

ShadowLord

The reason is that it is the same attitudes and anomosity that lead to that unfortunate situation that have lead to the unfortunate situation with GW5 effectively ending early. The issue with the D2 at this point isn't any particular rule or server setup condition, or mid-server change, or who one or lost. The issue is the attitudes of the players and the realization that with this continuing attitude there will no longer be a viable player base.

The desire to win at any cost as opposed to having a fun gaming experience is detremental to all that love the game. These attitudes are not solely the fault of the coalition either, they have been part of both camps past and present.

It seems highly unlikely to me now that any future server can ever create a viable and balanced player base and therefore positive gaming experience. The fun in playing multiplayer is having someone to play with and against. But when people from both sides attempt to demoralize and villify the people they are playing against it hurts everyone, including themselves. It is self defeating.

Players that are reasonable from both camps need to know that their trust was abused from the people that were supposed to be looking out for them. Because those leaders couldn't put aside their petty difference and years old grudges. If there is to ever be a worth while and fun server again these attitudes and negative motivations need to change. After the last couple of servers it has become crystal clear to me that that change will not be coming from the top. Thus if the players that still love the game want to see it remain viable it is time they took matters into their own hands and begin to rise above it individually.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 11:42:55 am »
Blind draw...no trades...pseudo names if desired...one fleet tag per house.

That could work IMHO.

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 11:45:06 am »
Blind draw...no trades...pseudo names if desired...one fleet tag per house.

That could work IMHO.

I always agreed with that. I also, thought allowing the KBF to feildr one team was OK too.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 11:57:29 am »
Look as some of you guys no iam a noob at OP but for one thing I would love to see KCW come to light. 9th Fleet is trying to get back into OP en-mass not only does KCW sound a scream but its one hell of an opertunity to learn knlingon tactics and that in my opinion is a double plus.

As for the rest about encouraging new players very much agree with that and credit where its waranted the Fed / Gorn / Hyd leadership have made us 9th Fleet pilots very welcome.

Offline Mog

• Lt.
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 12:09:32 pm »

ShadowLord

The reason is that it is the same attitudes and anomosity that lead to that unfortunate situation that have lead to the unfortunate situation with GW5 effectively ending early. The issue with the D2 at this point isn't any particular rule or server setup condition, or mid-server change, or who one or lost. The issue is the attitudes of the players and the realization that with this continuing attitude there will no longer be a viable player base.

The desire to win at any cost as opposed to having a fun gaming experience is detremental to all that love the game. These attitudes are not solely the fault of the coalition either, they have been part of both camps past and present.

It seems highly unlikely to me now that any future server can ever create a viable and balanced player base and therefore positive gaming experience. The fun in playing multiplayer is having someone to play with and against. But when people from both sides attempt to demoralize and villify the people they are playing against it hurts everyone, including themselves. It is self defeating.

Players that are reasonable from both camps need to know that their trust was abused from the people that were supposed to be looking out for them. Because those leaders couldn't put aside their petty difference and years old grudges. If there is to ever be a worth while and fun server again these attitudes and negative motivations need to change. After the last couple of servers it has become crystal clear to me that that change will not be coming from the top. Thus if the players that still love the game want to see it remain viable it is time they took matters into their own hands and begin to rise above it individually.

Despite your persona's total weirdness, fully agree with this.
Merriment is All

Fear the Meow!

Offline GDA-Agave

• That's MR. Planet Battering Ram to you buddy!!
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
  • Fear my tequila breath!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 04:19:31 pm »
COME ON.   LET'S GET IT DONE!!

KCW!!

KCW!!

KCW!!

KCW!!

KCW!!

Hell, I'll even fly Gorn again for that server!!    ;D

Agave
One of the few, the proud, THE GORN!!
Gorn Dragon Alliance - Protecting Ghdar and the Bruce Way!

Gorn Dragon Templar
"Protecting the roads to Brucedom for all travelers of faith"

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 04:26:36 pm »
COME ON.   LET'S GET IT DONE!!

KCW!!

KCW!!

KCW!!

KCW!!

KCW!!

Hell, I'll even fly Gorn again for that server!!    ;D

Agave

Done

Oh, but you've got to wit until after Mirror is done for KCW.
(and after that- my masterpiec LCW)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 04:48:21 pm by Hexx »
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"