Topic: GW 5 Balance Issues  (Read 19412 times)

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
Re: GW 5 Balance Issues
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2005, 03:23:26 pm »
I'm sorry guys, but I've got better things to do with my time than to be nothing more than a shooting duck in the romulan shooting gallery.  At the best of times we match them 1 for 1, and most of the time they outnumber us too much to make it worth even bothering.  If it was real life, I'd be on the front lines to the bitter end, but it's a game. 

I enjoy all the banter and fun stuff that goes on with the game, which is why I waited until today, Thursday, before bowing out.  You might as well end the server now and give the roms a win for a well-played game and great job at recruiting because unless a sudden wave of ten or twelve federation/gorn players come online twenty-four hours a day for the next week, nothing's going to change. 

Enjoy and I hope to see y'all on a future server.

Let them hunt AI during the day, fly with us at night when it's still fun.

It's a game, not a job.   

read my edit... :)
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Evil Kraven

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2005, 03:28:38 pm »
I'm sorry guys, but I've got better things to do with my time than to be nothing more than a shooting duck in the romulan shooting gallery.  At the best of times we match them 1 for 1, and most of the time they outnumber us too much to make it worth even bothering.  If it was real life, I'd be on the front lines to the bitter end, but it's a game. 

I enjoy all the banter and fun stuff that goes on with the game, which is why I waited until today, Thursday, before bowing out.  You might as well end the server now and give the roms a win for a well-played game and great job at recruiting because unless a sudden wave of ten or twelve federation/gorn players come online twenty-four hours a day for the next week, nothing's going to change. 

wow judge sorry to hear that. as for the end the server now (lets quit) statement I think its more out of frustration then what you really mean.

I was on late last night (errrr early morning about 2 am) and we were out numbered by 2.  I will say I have never seen so few allience on together in the morning hours since I started playing GW. and when they do come on they leave quickly (cept Kroma.....he hung this morning doing the best he could). if they came on at the same time or ones that came on stayed on instead of leaving I think you'd see better ratios. on past servers I'd see 5-10 allience on vs 2-6 coalition on. this server has been the exact oppisite.

if we all quit when things looked bad........then whats the point? have some fun pop on when u get a chance, and if you see me, ask for a mission. I'm in a nhk and I'll do a 1v1 with ya in a hex or two. maybe chaseing me off or blowing me up will put a little fun back into it?

either way judge hope to see ya on the next server if not this one.

as for the AI carrier complaint........

???????????????????????

yeah I've drawn alot of carriers too, I also drew like 10 consecutive pirate AI's.......

"The Evil One"
Kraven

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2005, 03:58:37 pm »
Hmm I wonder how explosive PF's would need to be to wreck a CA..
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Julin Eurthyr

• Veltrassi Ambassador at Large
  • Lt. Commander
  • Back in Exile due to Win 7 - ISC RM/Strat Com.
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2005, 05:03:53 pm »
Um Julin, the BPV of stock fighters IS included in the 181 BPV of the CVD.

Regardless, I will nerf the fighters as long as none of the other admins or the coalition leasdership object.

Can sombody remember to bring this up before every server?   ;D

How much is it getting per fighter, and what's the BPV on the SSD (as I don't have that product...)

AKA: Koloth Kinshaya - Lord of the House Kinshaya in the Klingon Empire
S'Leth - Romulan Admiral
Some anonymous strongman in Prime Industries

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2005, 05:20:35 pm »

It's a game, not a job.   

read my edit... :)
What class of ship is the Odyssey,sorry for the OT?I was trying to get on last night but kept on CTD and luanching from start bar and CTDing agian over agian so I am possibly out due to tech. problems.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 06:15:32 pm by Age »

Offline KAT J'inn

• CFO - Kzinti War Machine, Inc.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2005, 05:26:54 pm »
Die Hard

Most Carriers are special or capital ships.  Few have been made.   Can you Restrict out all of those that have not been ordered and are not generally available?  That would cut down on the incidence of carriers as AI I think.

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2005, 05:33:47 pm »
I like the transports and FFV that have been showing up in the shipyards.  Took the Hospital carrier with a single phaser 3 into battle against Kougar's DN.  Had to Self-Destruct when he tried to tractor me out of the sector.  Couldn't let him take it home to Romulus as a surprise.  Sure, three thousand wounded people lost their lives because the escape pods wouldn't launch...but who cares?

The FFV+ lasted longer in battle against Butcher Claw's dreadnought, but alas it too fell in battle.  Now I've bid on that phaser-armed transport.  Five phaser 2's and two Phaser 3 mounts.  Woohoo!
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2005, 05:42:45 pm »
Die Hard

Most Carriers are special or capital ships.  Few have been made.   Can you Restrict out all of those that have not been ordered and are not generally available?  That would cut down on the incidence of carriers as AI I think.

Yes, but not until the weekend.   That takes time which I do not have.  

The Admin shuttle think will take 2 minutes.   May I do this?
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline KAT J'inn

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2005, 05:47:07 pm »
sure!

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2005, 06:10:03 pm »
Die Hard

The Romulan RM has received no official communication regarding this latest attempt
at appeasment.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2005, 09:36:35 pm »
Die Hard

The Romulan RM has received no official communication regarding this latest attempt
at appeasment.

You were CC'd dumbass .  ..

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2005, 10:06:11 am »
Die Hard

at appeasment.

You were CC'd dumbass .  ..

Lies
I wasn't called/emailed/PM'd/CC's or even FU'd.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2005, 10:41:36 am »

Lies

That's Krueg's fault, I "Reply All"'d to his last email  ;D

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2005, 10:43:45 am »

Lies

That's Krueg's fault, I "Reply All"'d to his last email  ;D

Couldn't be
I KNOW Kreug's sent me FU's a bunch of times..

Offline F9thRyker

• Pimp
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • If it has a pulse, does it have a phone number...?
    • http://www.9thfleet.com
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2005, 01:48:04 pm »

It's a game, not a job.   

Sounds alright- seeing 4-6 Coalition on during the day and zero Alliance pilots is a bit of a turn off ;)

See you later tonight

The four most powerful men in the galaxy:

The President of the United Federation of Planets...
The Chancellor of the Klingon Empire...The Praetor of the Romulan Star Empire...

...and the Captain of a Federation Starship...

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2005, 11:11:11 pm »
I think the balance problem is causedby The Prime Directive.  Many Federation captains feel that confronting the Romulans would be considered interferring in the development of a primitive culture, normally this wouldn't be the case, but as they are being led by Hexx they can hardly be thought of as advanced.

;D

Offline KAT J'inn

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2005, 01:18:54 am »
FarFared-KDR
Wraith-NHK

VS

Ophion BCH
Dfly CVAF

Far and Warith both die

gg guys

Dear Ophion:

Please lay off the narcotics for a while.   You need help son.

You posted this on the wrong thread.

Your Pal,

J'inn

Offline Farfarer

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2005, 06:59:46 pm »
I don't understand why more Fed pilots are not on.  I mean I really suck ( as a ROM, ok maybe anytime) against a well flown photon boat - so do many other part time ROMs.  I've had my arse handed to me repeatedly. This would be a great PvP killing ground - many expected it to be "Smurfs Revenge" and were whining about the inevitability beforehand.  The results on the server so far are frankly weird.

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2005, 07:34:36 pm »
Not sure either Far.  There is the very real possibility that there aren't that many left, I just don't know.

I still believe that a draft is the best possible option.  Having a flame retardant admin silly enough to try it is another question though. ;)