Topic: pbr clarification??  (Read 4228 times)

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
pbr clarification??
« on: April 01, 2005, 04:31:18 pm »
in a recent match,an opposing team took a wrong ship selection.my question is,if an opposing fleet by design or by mistake bring in an improper combo,should the team that did bring it in,be penalized by not changing their original bpv's that they initially took,just the  improper ship?? my reason for asking,is simply,it gives the opposing team,an advanced look at what the otherside has selected,which would allow them to pick exactly what they may need to win(switch the odds to their favour).

one of the points of this style of battle,is it forces you to try and pick your ships combo,given the tbpv,as well as what the other side may pick,forcing you to become an overall better player.while you can say that both sides gets a chance to re select if this happens,it doesn't seem right to me,because,one assumes a fleet will bring in what he believes is the best possibly combination,to which the other side would get advance knowledge of and re select appropriately.
       thus,i believe a penalty if u mess up ,and take an illegal combo,then the penalty should be that whichever player took the illegal ship,should have to pick a proper ship,with the bpv he was given to buy the illegal ship,thus forcing fleets to pick appropriate ship combos or be penalized when they have 200 bpv to spend,but the biggest ship they can take with that bpv is only 150 bpv,and 50 bpv for parts ect ect thus losing a possible 50 bpv that could go to another player for a bigger ship

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
Re: pbr clarification??
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 05:57:37 pm »
Hi TT, TSC has used the basically same idea you are putting out.  It has happened that we have unknowingly(not intentional) taken an illegal combo over the seasons, just rarely.  It has been our practice to take the 2 proper ships again, and the bpv that is allotted to the illegal ship stays the same.  We have made the mistake(intentional or not is of little or no concern for this point) and it is up to us to ammend our ships to the exact same as we had, just with a legal ship combo.  When it has happened with other fleets facing us, we asked they do the same, and in every instance(which is only actually like 3 times total) they have done the same, by keeping the 2 original legal ships, and subbing in a proper 3rd, with same bpv.

I imagine any respectfull fleet(all here included) would do the same, or at least I would hope.

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 06:16:59 pm »
thx Dfly,we were actually made fun of by this fleet,for suggesting that idea.they asked where in the rules our proposal was,and as it wasn't exactly in the rules,we thought that this should be made a rule for next cycle to avoid future probs....thx again

762_XC

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 10:09:31 pm »
So if I understand this idea correctly, Team A picks an illegal combo, and has to re-pick using the same individual ship BPV's that they declared? If so I like this idea.

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 10:25:21 pm »
Sounds like a good rule.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 10:26:35 pm »
So if I understand this idea correctly, Team A picks an illegal combo, and has to re-pick using the same individual ship BPV's that they declared? If so I like this idea.

No they have to keep the legal ships and replace the illegal with an equal or lesser BPV ship.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 10:56:01 pm »
exactly Kroma, this is what TSC has done in the past, and teams vs TSC have also done.  We keep the 2 legal ships, and replace the illegal one with a legal one, without changing any bpv.

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 04:55:22 am »
No they have to keep the legal ships and replace the illegal with an equal or lesser BPV ship.

I agree! ISC in almost 20 PBR matches only once choosed an illegal combo(my wrong) and then kept the 2 legal ships and replaced the illegal with a lesser BPV ship.

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 05:35:02 pm »

I agree! ISC in almost 20 PBR matches only once choosed an illegal combo(my wrong) and then kept the 2 legal ships and replaced the illegal with a lesser BPV ship.

picking a lesser ship of bpv would not be  required,just ,the 2 legal ships couldn't change,and the illegal ship could only use upwards of the original amount he was given to get a ship

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 07:14:58 am »
Important thing to note: this should be covered by a 'league' rule...and should be titled as such.

I see 'pbr clarification' and I get all excited thinking I have a something to post about, and it turns out this is just a league rule question  :P

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 04:27:30 pm »
If it makes people actually read the rules, I'm all for it  ;D
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .