Topic: GW5 Test-Stuff You've Noticed  (Read 14995 times)

Offline KDS-KYTARH

• KLINGON since SFC-1
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • KDS-KYTARH Captain C7 IKV-D'Ktagh
Re: GW5 Test-Stuff You've Noticed
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2005, 02:44:13 pm »
Hey Kroma, how goes it. No I was not cloaked when they fired, i had launched plas and was moving away. Then they launched drones and i cloaked and dropped speed to 2. Hmmm this is not good, cloak is no use against drones once they are launched, well that just sucks. Oh well,, better to find out now. Thank K
KDS-KYTARH
KLINGON DARK SLAYERS

Captain of the Klingon Heavy Cruiser C7 IKV-D'Ktagh
Last of the Klingon Dark Slayers
KDS Sword of Honor recipient
Commander KDS Vengeance Squadron
Field Marshal GW4

Surrender is NOT an option!

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2005, 03:00:01 pm »
Hey Kroma, how goes it. No I was not cloaked when they fired, i had launched plas and was moving away. Then they launched drones and i cloaked and dropped speed to 2. Hmmm this is not good, cloak is no use against drones once they are launched, well that just sucks. Oh well,, better to find out now. Thank K

Actyally, if you cloak after drones are launched, the drones have a high chance of losing lock on you.. but it is not a guarantee.. I would have to guess that about 83% of the time, a drone will lose lock and fizzle out.. meaning 83 out of 100 drones will just blink out...

Cloak will also effect the ammount of damage that a drone (which retains lock after cloak) does to the ship according to the v2552 portion of the readme.txt located in your Starfleet OP game folder.

This is not counting any ECM that you may be pumping as well to suppliment your cloak.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2005, 03:18:43 pm »

Actyally, if you cloak after drones are launched, the drones have a high chance of losing lock on you.. but it is not a guarantee.. I would have to guess that about 83% of the time, a drone will lose lock and fizzle out.. meaning 83 out of 100 drones will just blink out...

Cloak will also effect the ammount of damage that a drone (which retains lock after cloak) does to the ship according to the v2552 portion of the readme.txt located in your Starfleet OP game folder.

This is not counting any ECM that you may be pumping as well to suppliment your cloak.

Yeah what Pesty said. You have to get familar with the distance you need to be from the drones for a likely chance they will fade out before impact. Also, the fact that you cut power to movement  isn't important, it is how soon your movement drops below 3-4 IIRC that matters.    Thus you might do better to emergency decel rather than relying on the loss of power to the cloak to slow you down.

I have found that with Plasma the fadeout will happen almost always before impact if you are below speed 3 fully cloaked and the plasma is still 8-9 away.

It does sound like it was working correctly in your case though, it just takes some getting used to how much range you actually need to make it work.  I would practice it with the drones a bit farther away to guage the wiggle room you have for when you need to do it in a pinch. It does reduce the damage though, which is nice, but sometimes if they are already to close it may be better to let your PD phasers take them out still.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2005, 03:28:11 pm »
 Is the sRG-E pf tender supposed to  be donayed from the feds? I might  not  be  but whenever i click on it in the  yard its  blue.Kinda wierd for the feds to  de donating pf tenders.

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2005, 03:32:39 pm »
Is the sRG-E pf tender supposed to  be donayed from the feds? I might  not  be  but whenever i click on it in the  yard its  blue.Kinda wierd for the feds to  de donating pf tenders.

Yeah it is in the Fed list as a donated ship, which it doen't need to be as it is a tender for  PF race. I'll add it to the list.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2005, 03:33:20 pm »
Correct Kroma.. Your current speed is factored in.. not the speed indicated on the slider.. as such, if you are doing 21 and cloak, then manually drop speed to 3, the engines have to power down and you gradually lose speed.. Think that the Drones are tracking your power emmissions and not your ship itself.. Cloak is to mask your power, however doing above speed 4 will give greater chance of drones and plasma keeping a lock on you because your engine power has not dropped below the safe zone..

as such an Emergency Decel would put you well below the threshold and allow drones and plasma to lose lock a lot faster...

the faster you go, even cloaked, the better the chance of a drone keeping a lock on you.. also using ECM in combination to cloak will also help break the lock that a drone or Plasma has, but you have to beat the firing ships ECCM to get the benifit of ECM added to cloak.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 05:50:22 pm by Pestalence »
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2005, 05:46:04 pm »
The following Fed ships need to be listed as specialty F-CLD, F-CLD+, F-CLDR, F-CLV, F-CLV+, F-CLVR, F-HDWC1, F-HDWC2, F-HDWC3, F-HDWV.

Also the F-zNCCf should be the F-sNCCf.

HDWs were never marked as Specials before.  We changing this?

The CLs will simply be R'd out.   They're crap, will never get built anyway.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2005, 05:46:54 pm »

Nope, I goofed.   This will be fixed.

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2005, 06:57:41 pm »
The following Fed ships need to be listed as specialty F-CLD, F-CLD+, F-CLDR, F-CLV, F-CLV+, F-CLVR, F-HDWC1, F-HDWC2, F-HDWC3, F-HDWV.

The carrier ones should have been. These are the ones that carry 4 plus fighters. Any other ship with that many fighters is considered Special. This is basically the same rational as restricting the G-HBDP or R-SBHP which each only carry 3 and 4 PFs respectively and have considerably less fire power than the HDWs list above on their primary hulls.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2005, 07:37:23 pm »

The carrier ones should have been. These are the ones that carry 4 plus fighters. Any other ship with that many fighters is considered Special. This is basically the same rational as restricting the G-HBDP or R-SBHP which each only carry 3 and 4 PFs respectively and have considerably less fire power than the HDWs list above on their primary hulls.

You[d be nuts to fly these over the X-ships, even with the fighters.

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2005, 07:49:36 pm »

You[d be nuts to fly these over the X-ships, even with the fighters.

I agree, but the rules need to be evenly applied to all sides. I think I may have a solution that I will discuss with you tonight.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2005, 07:51:10 pm »
I thought they carried two fighters...oh well.

Um, the F-cDNMf has 7 drone launchers, but can only control 6 drones.  It also carries a single PF and a single Fighter, which if they use drones cancels the main ship's drones....

He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2005, 07:58:14 pm »
I thought they carried two fighters...oh well.

The ones I listed carry 4-6, the ones I didn't list carry 2.

Um, the F-cDNMf has 7 drone launchers, but can only control 6 drones.  It also carries a single PF and a single Fighter, which if they use drones cancels the main ship's drones....

The Feds will never build this POS as they will spend their very limited BPs on much better ships.  It should probably be restricted from the yards though along with the other Fed POS DN variants that won't get built.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2005, 08:27:07 am »
The R-cSUB can launch fighters but not PFs. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2005, 08:39:13 am »
The R-cSUB can launch fighters but not PFs. 

Correct, it is a donated carrier. You will see the PFs in the shipyard but they will not work on that ship.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2005, 09:07:55 am »
Correct, it is a donated carrier. You will see the PFs in the shipyard but they will not work on that ship.

Is there a way to tell without spending prestige which ships can launch what? 

The R-cKCRf that I have been playing with can launch both with no problem.   
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2005, 09:18:58 am »
We'll set up a list in the coaliton forums.
Basically anything with a small "f" after the name can carry 2x vanilla PF's
Anything with an "E" designation is a Tender and can carry 1 leader,1 special, and 2x vanilla PF's.

Actually as I was typing the coalitin list up I realized the easiest way is in dock

If the ship you just bought has INT's it uses PF's
if it comes with R Legion1's it uses fighters.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 09:35:43 am by Hexx »
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2005, 10:36:59 am »

I didn't realize that the tenders could launch fighters. Even if they can you are not allowed to though.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2005, 11:19:34 am »

I didn't realize that the tenders could launch fighters. Even if they can you are not allowed to though.

Darn.  I thought we were finally going to have Space Control ships.  :)

Offline KBF-Soth

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2005, 01:10:20 pm »
Yes the tenders can carry and launch fighters but you only get 1 fighter instead of a group.