Topic: Frodo was real  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Khalee1

• Lt. Commander
Frodo was real
« on: March 03, 2005, 03:40:28 pm »
UNDATED Scientists say the brain of a so-called "Hobbit" fossil recently found in Indonesia supports the idea that a human dwarf species was marooned for eons while modern man evolved across the planet.

Researchers have been using powerful imaging computers to map the inside of the fossil skull, then compare it to brain casts of modern and ancient humans, as well as primates.

They say the fossil brain is unlike anything seen before in human lineage. It's the size of a chimp's brain, but shares features with modern human brains.

Scientists say it could be classified as a separate human ancestor. Others say the computer models are unconvincing.

The three-foot "Hobbit" specimen was found in a cave in Indonesia last year.

The brain research appears today in the online journal Science Express.

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
Re: Frodo was real
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 05:05:33 pm »
Actually it was Pippin, who was buried in the cave after hearing of the death of his long-time companion Meriadoc. 

Sam and Frodo disappeared across the sea and live with the Valar in the undying lands (Sam left Middle-Earth in a small boat after the death of his wife so that he could be reunited with the real love of his life.)
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 06:23:24 am »
"Removed" Due to the fact that when I responded to the Judge. I had been at work for 13 hours and was in a Pissed off Mood.
Sorry Judge :-[
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 09:40:23 pm by KOTHSoreyes »

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Lord_Sloth

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 10:31:25 am »
YAY! FRODO DIED!!!
"People are Stupid. They'll feel better as long as someone is punished."
~Rufus Shinra FFVII

Official Hater of Parma Eruseen.

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 11:08:43 am »
Frodo did NOT die.  He's living happily ever after with Sam in the Golden Lands of the Valar, beyond the sea of the West. 

It's in the Appendix to the Lord of the Rings (books).
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 11:19:25 am »
And Gandalf is there wearing a pilot's uniform and saying, "So.. Frodo.. do you like gladiator movies?"
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 10:10:11 am »
As pro-gay rights as I am, Judge, when I think of the lass they hired for Rosie in the movies, it really drives home just how alien your sexual preference seems to me.

Really, it doesn't compute that you could look at that woman's...[This passage edited by the Council for Moral Decency]...and not want to immediately...[This passage also editted by the Council for Moral Deceny.  Blame the Republicans]...unless you're just so worried about your furniture that you're not willing to risk breakage and...[*sigh* Has this man no shame?]...on the floor, instead.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 02:46:19 pm by Commander La'ra »
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Lord High Master of Justice
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 10:21:06 am »
Probably another case where they find a fragment and then let their imaginations run wild.  Next thing you know, that tooth has been credited as being a brand new species.  Still looking for the missing link...and have these scientists never heard of pygmies?

NPR is a lot like NASCAR.  Two hundred miles an hour in a circle, and you end up right back where you started with nothing but lost time for the effort.

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 11:01:30 am »
As pro-gay rights as I am, Judge, when I think of the lass they hired for Rosie in the movies, it really drives home just how alien you're sexual preference seems to me.

Really, it doesn't compute that you could look at that woman's...[This passage edited by the Council for Moral Decency]...and not want to immediately...[This passage also editted by the Council for Moral Deceny.  Blame the Republicans]...unless you're just so worried about your furniture that you're not willing to risk breakage and...[*sigh* Has this man no shame?]...on the floor, instead.

:rofl: +1
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2005, 01:17:57 am »
Frodo did NOT die.  He's living happily ever after with Sam in the Golden Lands of the Valar, beyond the sea of the West. 

It's in the Appendix to the Lord of the Rings (books).

Yeah but he got Voted off the island and had to move to Indonesia  ;)