Topic: Rick Berman Gives Star Trek Fans The Finger  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Kane

• Lt. Junior Grade
Rick Berman Gives Star Trek Fans The Finger
« on: March 07, 2005, 12:39:15 pm »
Have a look.  This looks almost as bad as the BS going on over at Disney.
http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=1757

**Caution,The following column provides potential MAJOR SPOILERS to the series finale of "Star Trek: Enterprise." Also, the language might be a little more coarse than readers normally are used to, so please continue to read at your own discretion. If you're Rick Berman or Brannon Braga, parental guidance is suggested.**

"Don't try to be a great man ... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."[/color][/size]

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
Re: Rick Berman Gives Star Trek Fans The Finger
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 04:13:20 pm »
Just imagine, gentleman. [Ron Moore] has a series on at 10 p.m. on a Friday night, on a cable channel that is available in about half the homes UPN is ... and he's KICKING YOUR ASS.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's not really a fair comparison, I don't think.  A lot of TV viewing and which channel you go to is based upon habit.  SciFi's entire lineup is geared towards feeding the audience that would like BSG or ST, and so probably has an easier time sucking in an audience for an SF show at 10PM on a Friday.  UPN, on the other hand, is geared towards "Girl Friends", and eternal reruns of "America's next Top Model".

Still, the way he phrases that paragraph is very, very funny, and not completely off the mark.  Had me rolling in the aisle.

-S'Cipio

PS:  Pay attention to the spoiler warning.  I thought I'd probably be able to read around the spoiler, but you can't.  If you go into the link you WILL see it.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
Re: Rick Berman Gives Star Trek Fans The Finger
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 06:40:13 pm »
Wow, Sci-fi...and BSG...hmm, if I recall the original was the Number 1 watched show in the US when it was broadcast, but with it costing a million per episode (think 10 to 20 million in today's terms) and the network just couldn't support it at that cost...

And now the new one is what...4% on a good night?  About 50th in the top 100.  Perhaps not great...but not terrible.

In my opinion Berman is giving some people what was needed to be done the very first season...hit a reset switch...because after stuffing off 3/4 of the people who watched it because it messed with canon, was terribly written and just plain stunk until the 4th season, the only people who would be pleased by NOT having a reset button aren't trek fans...but that minority of really hard core fans that still watch Enterprise and would rather have BAD trek than no trek, as opposed to some others that would rather have no trek if it is not good trek.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.