Topic: Spike TV denies seeking to air ENT  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
Spike TV denies seeking to air ENT
« on: March 08, 2005, 04:44:52 pm »
From Trek Web

Well, that's that.  Spike TV was perhaps the best chance for ENT to return for a fifth season, but it's gone.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline F9thRyker

• Pimp
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • If it has a pulse, does it have a phone number...?
    • http://www.9thfleet.com
Re: Spike TV denies seeking to air ENT
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 05:09:27 pm »
No it's not.

[BTW, Candice is TrekUnited's PR representative, FleetLord is Tom, 2nd in command of TrekUnited

Posted by Candice:
The topic of this post is misleading. Spike didn't back off anything. They only elaborated on what was previously stated. They are still interested. They're just waiting to see if Paramount will send them a proposal.

Posted by FleetLord:

Exactly, and Paramount is mulling it over (and taking there time I might add). We have talked to Spike and sent them our on proposal, so they want to see what Paramount will do and that is what we, and everyone else is waiting for. This is not an impulsive decision, like most big company's you have to weigh the pro's and Con's and get the financial and legal deparments involved.

Posted by FleetLord:

There is nothing new to share though, we have sent proposals out, that is true and nothing suprising or relevent there as it is part of the process that we are going though. The details and exact nature of such proposals and/or any negotiations, though have to be kept quiet. It is not that we are being snobby but to legaly protect our campaign. I have said many times in the other threads that I will do nothing that could potentialy hurt the campaign. You have to understand that TU is not just sitting on our collective butts, collecting money, we have alot of people activly working on multiple methods to get a fifth season of Enterprise and or member base is not just growing in size but growing in influence to. We just want Paramount to do the right thing and keep Enterprise going.

So, even though Spike was perhaps a little hasty to go public so quickly, a clarification does not mean they're not interested. Its just that they cant TELL us they're interested, until the suits at Paramount are finished sorting themselves out ;)

The four most powerful men in the galaxy:

The President of the United Federation of Planets...
The Chancellor of the Klingon Empire...The Praetor of the Romulan Star Empire...

...and the Captain of a Federation Starship...

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 06:15:58 pm »
Spike TV's rep said, "That's not something that we're actively going out and pursuing," in regards to proposing to carry it to Paramount.  Spike was merely speculating fancifully; no one from TU has denied that Spike TV isn't "actively" going after it.  I don't expect much from this campaign at all.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 07:34:25 am »
Actually th truth gentlemen is that is often difficult to tell what any of them are doing sometimes.  It is their way of determining a number of issues.  Most of those items are seldom discussed publicly.  Off hand I'd say a more accurate position to take would be either:

1.  throw in the towel if you hated the series   ( not suggesting you did RB ...  not at all)

2.  One of cautious optimism at best if ya really like the series.  I do agree it's hard to tell just what they have in mind without some sort of clarification.  But then again ..   this just maybe a good way for them to keep matters stirred up and alive ..  by keeping going in the chat rooms ...  etc.  ( Kind a hard to say really )

I personally support the idea if we can get a legitimate carrier and a good team of writers, directors, same cast of "Enterprise" ..  and appropriate support staff.  IMHO the series has seen enough hard times it really needs a good shot in the arm.
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !