Topic: GFZ server crashed 11:00 pm est  (Read 1809 times)

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
GFZ server crashed 11:00 pm est
« on: March 03, 2005, 10:02:04 pm »
Not coming back up now.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: GFZ server crashed 11:00 pm est
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 11:46:34 pm »
Got it - did a db clean when I saw it crash - posted in the sticky thread. Thanks for posting though!

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 12:37:07 am »
Works good...lasts long time...

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 12:47:35 am »
Yes I'm relatively pleased with this config, Evil Dave's editor/cleaner is still working on it too.  ;D  It hasn't been very busy though. I'll be curious to see the state of the db after this weekend and if Dave's cleaner will still work on it. So far the db hasn't exceeded 1MB with cleanings once every two days.

I noted recently however that the stock "Forge" server's db is still only about 650 KB and it has never been cleaned! Take a look at the map here: http://www.dynaverse.net/webmap_op/ - I'm curious how many missions in total have been run there... is the dv shift still at default? if so then its probably not significant as not that many missions would be needed to make the map look like that...

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 02:59:29 pm »
Yes I'm relatively pleased with this config, Evil Dave's editor/cleaner is still working on it too.  ;D  It hasn't been very busy though. I'll be curious to see the state of the db after this weekend and if Dave's cleaner will still work on it. So far the db hasn't exceeded 1MB with cleanings once every two days.

When the db gets bugged enough that Dave's cleaner no longer works, what is your current cleaner of choice to switch to?

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 04:50:54 pm »

When the db gets bugged enough that Dave's cleaner no longer works, what is your current cleaner of choice to switch to?

-S'Cipio

Dark Elf's.   It works on nearly anything no matter how F'd the DB is. 

I wonder, will ED's work on an F'd DB after DE's is run?
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 09:54:43 am »

Yup, using DE's "SFC2 OP Database Cleaner 105R1.exe" if EDDBEDIT does not  work.

Not sure yet but I suspect that eddbedit may not work on a db which has had the clock run up...?

I wonder, will ED's work on an F'd DB after DE's is run?

Good thought... its worth testing some of these things out. I'll post any data I gather.

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 02:33:24 pm »

Thanks, DH and Bonk.

Can either of you pass me a link to DarkElfs cleaner?  I don't think I ever got that one.  As much as I admire and appreciate BBJones work on his original db cleaner, I'd rather not manually change the object count after each cleaning.

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005, 02:43:42 pm »
EDDBEDIT stopped working on GFZ today. I tested EDDBEDIT on it again after cleaning with DE's and it still found an object size mismatch...

A version of DE's cleaner is posted here (unsure of the version): http://www.dynaverse.net/downloads/sfc2_op/Tools_and_Utilities/op-dbcleaner.zip

The one I use is attached to this post.