Topic: First details of ENT finale "These are the Voyages" leak [SPOILERS]  (Read 5605 times)

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
Just scroll down and note everything written by the poster called "Quills."

It's total crap.

Definately not good.

S

P

O

I

E

R

S

S

P

A

C

E

(edited for language):

Oh F*ck it...Trip dies at the end and the episode is a holographic program on the holodeck of the Enterprise-D (yes..."D" as in how DUMB can you get!)which Riker and Troi are observing. The series itself is not a hologram program, but the likelihood of bringing it back after this bullsh*t is practically zero. You may now commense your saber rattling.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 11:03:01 pm by Rat Boy »

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
Re: First details of ENT finale leak...kind of...[SPOILERS]
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 02:59:09 pm »
Yeah, its absolutely stupid.

I think this means that fans of the show have to get another season, just so we don't get such a crappy series finale.  The next best thing would be to switch this episode with the Terra Prime two parter (I don't mind an episode that isn't "real" being paired with two other "non-real" episodes that are the Mirror ones).
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 03:07:43 pm »
Wow, if that's it, That will blow me away, as that is one that I wouldn't have been expecting.

However, just because it's a holographic projection, doesn't mean that it's not a recreation of a possible history.

That would be a wild ending, definately make me sit back and gape for at least a second or two.

But then, how reliable is that source?

Personally, if that's how it ends, that's probably one of the better ways without hitting a temporal reset.  People who have been shunted away by the chronlogy reasonings MIGHT actually forgive paramount if this happens.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 04:17:41 pm »
Wow, if that's it, That will blow me away, as that is one that I wouldn't have been expecting.

Will it still blow you away? :P

However, just because it's a holographic projection, doesn't mean that it's not a recreation of a possible history.

I wouldn't want Trip to die, though.

That would be a wild ending, definately make me sit back and gape for at least a second or two.

But then, how reliable is that source?

He has been accurate in the past, but he isn't technically connected with the show.  I'm reading the whole thread at TrekBBS to see if any other sides of the story come out.

Personally, if that's how it ends, that's probably one of the better ways without hitting a temporal reset.  People who have been shunted away by the chronlogy reasonings MIGHT actually forgive paramount if this happens.

It seems that this won't be resetting the series, just that the episode is a holodeck program.  Also, why should they reset the show for those not watching it, while those who do watch it get a crappy ending?

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 04:24:31 pm »
I wouldn't want Trip to die, though.

If there's a purpose behind it, or if it makes sense story wise rather than just some way to get rid of the character/actor, then I'd be for it.  People get way too heavily invested into these characters, I think.  If his death is the product of good story-telling, then I'd say go for it, but since it doesn't look like it'd be good story telling...

He has been accurate in the past, but he isn't technically connected with the show.  I'm reading the whole thread at TrekBBS to see if any other sides of the story come out.

He's accurate because he gets the scripts handed to him.

It seems that this won't be resetting the series, just that the episode is a holodeck program.  Also, why should they reset the show for those not watching it, while those who do watch it get a crappy ending?

It isn't a reset, though.  It sounds more like Riker and Troi are watching a historical recording.  What I'd like to ask Quills is why the two of them are watching it in the first place, and if there's any reason given why they're doing it while on the Enterprise-D* of all ships.

* = that's what's bothering me.  A.) Frakes is too old to look like he did a decade ago, even if he got a face lift and liposuction in order to do it.  B.) There's a better opportunity for them to do this on the Titan, which gives us a glimpse at what they've been doing after Nemesis.

Offline Dash Jones

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 05:18:22 pm »
Perhaps the Titan is an Enterprise D refit type, with 3 nacelles???

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 05:57:01 pm »
I'm thinking it might be a security measure, as in each script mentions a different ship so that if it leaks TPTB can track it down to the person who owned the one with "Enterprise-D."  But, the ship is rather easy to change; sounds like all they have to do is give the actors different uniforms to change the era it's in.

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
Re: First details of ENT finale "These are the Voyages" leak [SPOILERS]
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 11:04:08 pm »
Small update.

Interesting.  I wonder how far down the line we're talking.  According to Daniels in "Zero Hour," the 2161 founding of the Federation is still a go.

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 10:33:17 am »
Insider Morpheus offers his thoughts. [Language Warning]

Well, 2 out of 2 insiders think it stinks and hints that the rest of the writing staff and cast hate it as well.  Looks like this will deflate a lot of the movement to bring the show back for a 5th year, or even the franchise, which might be Berman and Braga's goal.

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 10:42:52 am »
New update.

So, the episode during which the TNG section takes place is "The Pegasus?"  Call me crazy, but it slightly makes sense.  Ironically, Troi was barely in that episode, particularly in the climatic scenes.  Now, I wonder if that, plus fast forwarding the ENT timeline, means that NX-01 will be involved in the Romulan Wars at that point.  It'd be nice if these insiders would give us a bit more context than "X dies" and "Y and Z show up."  If I gave a spoiler twenty-five years ago that merely said "Spock dies," people would have been livid, but then, we would have been cheated out of one of the best deaths in moviedom.

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 11:57:32 am »
Here's a theory: since Riker's looking at this recording to get advice on whether or not to tell Picard about the phasing cloak, suppose what happens in the ENT timeline is that someone else is in a very similar situation, where he or she is forced to follow orders and keep silent about something illegal rather than telling Captain Archer about it.  Suppose, unlike Riker, that person waits until the wrong moment to say something, something bad happens and Trip is killed because of it.

Who do we know out of ENT's cast of characters has a rather shady past and conflicted loyalties?  Yes, that's right, Malcolm Reed kills Charles "Trip" Tucker, III.

Hey Alidar, you post at the TrekBBS, don't you?  Float that theory out there and see what kind of rise you get out of people.   ;D

Offline Dash Jones

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 02:48:29 pm »
Hey, if the staff and cast are upset about it...well...seeing that they helped sink enterprise just as much as everyone else did...seems that their opinions aren't really all that great in getting ratings up.

I'd say if this is a registered leak (purposely let out) that it would garner more attention towards the season/series finale if it includes those crews together.

Then of course, they could always just let Enterprise die...waste away in it's finale the same way it's done for it's past few seasons anyways.

There's that risk that it STILL will do that even with this writing.  What is needed is some way to make peace with the REST of the fans that don't watch enterprise but watched such shows such as Star Trek TNG and supported movies and such when Star Trek was more popular.  Thus far the holodeck idea actually might do that to some degree.  It might not make any of those people like Enterprise, BUT it might make them give the next series a chance in the future if it's made.

Personally I could never see Enterprise as canon truth to tell after such travesties such as the Akiraprise and they trying to explain it off, or Klingons in the first episode and other such items that simply didn't seem to really make that much sense overall.  I've enjoyed some of the episodes this last season (more in this season than ALL 3 seasons previously), however, though I've bought ALL the other series on DVD, unless something is done which makes me make peace with Enterprise, I don't think I'm going to by it on DVD when it comes out.

I think there are a LOT out there that the move of having Enterprise as UPN's star show (UPN doesn't reach a third of the homes in the US at least from my experiences travelling and NOT being able to get the channel in some locals), as well as alienating others due to bad writing, bad marketing, and stupid ideas that make obvious messings with the timeline...just didn't sit well with a majority of veiwers, and it shows in the ratings.

-------

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 03:49:05 pm »
Here's a theory: since Riker's looking at this recording to get advice on whether or not to tell Picard about the phasing cloak, suppose what happens in the ENT timeline is that someone else is in a very similar situation, where he or she is forced to follow orders and keep silent about something illegal rather than telling Captain Archer about it.  Suppose, unlike Riker, that person waits until the wrong moment to say something, something bad happens and Trip is killed because of it.

Who do we know out of ENT's cast of characters has a rather shady past and conflicted loyalties?  Yes, that's right, Malcolm Reed kills Charles "Trip" Tucker, III.

Hey Alidar, you post at the TrekBBS, don't you?  Float that theory out there and see what kind of rise you get out of people.   ;D

You know I was thinking that the other day also, what with Malcome being in the brig, and Riker and that Admiral being thrown in the brig.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2005, 02:20:43 pm »
More spoilers from the TrekBBS, don't have the linkage to them, though:

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

* The NX-01 is to be decommissioned.

* Trip dies saving Shran and Shran's daughter from an Alien of the Week attack.

* The final scene on the NX-01 is T'Pol packing away Trip's things.

Offline 14G_Tiger

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2005, 05:11:04 pm »
Perhaps the Titan is an Enterprise D refit type, with 3 nacelles???

i thought the Titan was an Ambassador Class?

Offline KOTH-KieranXC, Ret.

• Spokesman, Punisher Industries
  • Lt. Commander
  • K-Fo, diehard SFCer and Taldrenite, est. 2000
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 10:45:26 pm »
Why would the Titan be from an obsolete(at the time of Nemesis) class of ship?

That said, nobody really knows what class of ship Titan is. Some have hypothesized Galaxy class, but i prefer to believe it's something newer and more bad ass, like a Prometheus.
"One minute to space doors."

"Are you just going to walk through them?"

"Calm yourself, Doctor."

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2005, 11:09:39 pm »
I'd like to believe its a brand new ship, but, since Starfleet tends to keep old ships around a long time, it could easily be an Ambassador class.

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2005, 01:04:08 pm »
Why would the Titan be from an obsolete(at the time of Nemesis) class of ship?

That said, nobody really knows what class of ship Titan is. Some have hypothesized Galaxy class, but i prefer to believe it's something newer and more bad ass, like a Prometheus.

I don't believe the Titan would be some "cool bad-arse warship" like the Sovereign or such.  I don't think of her as an Ambassador-class, but she's not outdated at all.  The TMP-era ships like Oberth, Excelsior, and Miranda-class ships, maybe.  But not an Ambassador-class.  Likely a Galaxy-class like some others hypothesized, and quite fitting seeing how Riker loved the Enterprise-D.

I normally don't rummage around spoilers, but some catch my eye, like the "In a Mirror, Darkly" [ENT] episode soon to come, or the finale, as I don't care much about Enterprise, aside from nicely-done episodes.  The writing seems to be so-so for the finale. *shrug* I would've supported it a bit more if it was some holodeck fantasy made by Barclay or some sibling of his or what not, considering my opinions of Enterprise, but it had its moments.  I would've thought the Finale might be one of 'em, but it seems to be otherwise.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher