Topic: The Gas Free Zone Server!!!!  (Read 17492 times)

Offline WarSears

• <MEAN FACE> @ Nail
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: The Gas Free Zone Server!!!!
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2005, 09:51:21 am »
bump
War-Sears
Klingon Black Fleet

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2005, 03:07:25 pm »
Ummm, Nail...the mission matching seems a little...extreme.  I ran a patrol (don't know which, sorry, it just said Patrol) in a CC, had a C-SAL2 (whatever that is) for AI help and had not one but two  H-REG dn's to fight!  Something seems a little off.  Just thought I'd let ya know.

In ED missions this happens. EEK has better control over the class ship you encounter than does ED. There are more ED than EEK, but EEK show more. So I guess you have a pretty even chance of drawing either. IIRC, EEK wont give you DN's unless you are in one and matches other classes appropriately.. Although CARRIER class may not be differentiated from DN, and in actuality, the shiplist shoul class all DN's as DREADNOUGHT instead of using other hull types. I'll look into it. Its a scripting-shiplist interaction thingamajiggy.

Imo, it is 'expected' that we win every engagement. With the mission packs we have it is not always a sure thing. I'd say 90% of the time you should win. 10% of the time you may not... Can you deal?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2005, 03:59:30 pm »
I enjoyed some of the Herr Bert servers where you had to really work to finish a mission.  You'd be doing really well to win over 70% of them.

In my opinion a good pilot should not be able to win more than 60% of missions solo... but then I am a bit of a masochist.

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2005, 04:11:23 pm »
I agree with Bonk...no more than 60% of missions should be successfully completed by a good pilot. 

Standards, people, standards! 

Right now I'd be happy for a 60% completion rate.
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2005, 05:19:58 pm »
There are indeed some very hardcore missions there!
well getting your ass kicked by AI s u really have to be a masochist  ;D

Cool missions cool server good pilots  :thumbsup: ... well except that dam dark side of the planet where some blind idiot smacked his DN  :lol: 

Offline Ibn'aar

• "The sky is never darker than in Nightstar..."
  • Ensign
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2005, 07:41:26 pm »
Ummm, Nail...the mission matching seems a little...extreme.  I ran a patrol (don't know which, sorry, it just said Patrol) in a CC, had a C-SAL2 (whatever that is) for AI help and had not one but two  H-REG dn's to fight!  Something seems a little off.  Just thought I'd let ya know.

In ED missions this happens. EEK has better control over the class ship you encounter than does ED. There are more ED than EEK, but EEK show more. So I guess you have a pretty even chance of drawing either. IIRC, EEK wont give you DN's unless you are in one and matches other classes appropriately.. Although CARRIER class may not be differentiated from DN, and in actuality, the shiplist shoul class all DN's as DREADNOUGHT instead of using other hull types. I'll look into it. Its a scripting-shiplist interaction thingamajiggy.

Imo, it is 'expected' that we win every engagement. With the mission packs we have it is not always a sure thing. I'd say 90% of the time you should win. 10% of the time you may not... Can you deal?

Oh, I can deal. ;D  It's just that, it didn't seem very new-guy friendly.  Having never flown Lyran before, it'll take some practice, is all.
-Zarkat (Captain) Ibn'aar, 3rd Son of Count Iblis of Nightstar, Commanding Officer of the Nightstar County Ship Slashing Star-

-Assigned to patrol the reaches of Far Stars / Diplomatic and Covert Operations / Tears of the Fallen / Wanderer of Nightstar-

Offline CaptJosh

• Lt.
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2005, 03:50:40 pm »
If you're not comfortable flying Lyran, Her Majesty's Navy of the Hydran Kingdoms would be happy to have you.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline deadmansix

• Lt.
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2005, 08:32:06 am »

definitely we need pilots badly, so hop in got a shiny new ship just waiting for ya  ;D