Topic: For Romulus  (Read 10613 times)

Offline CaptJosh

• Lt.
Re: For Romulus
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2005, 04:37:36 pm »
Well, I guess I'll be online tonight for some plasma training, then. Hopefully I'll do a little better than when DH was giving me pointers on crossing the T. Funny thing is, there's an old atmosphere fighter pilot term for this tactic. It's called "boom and zoom." Which, also happens to be a description for what occurs after Kroma eats Dr. McCoy's favorite camp food, beans with bourbon flavoring. (An explosive combination, to be sure.)  ;D
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2005, 04:57:37 pm »
Well, I guess I'll be online tonight for some plasma training, then. Hopefully I'll do a little better than when DH was giving me pointers on crossing the T.

Just ask Kroma, it is better to be the pitcher than the catcher  :o
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline _Rondo_GE The OutLaw

• Commodore
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2005, 05:38:19 pm »

Sooo has anyone come up with good tactics to counter "Taldren's Last Big Mistake", the cheesy Reamulan cloak that winks out plasma torps ? 

Actually, I wouldn't call it a mistake at all. They fixed the cloak, it is still fairly easy to defeat. We will be practicing some of those very tactics tonight. Hoop on the SSCF TS server tonight and look me or DH up to join in the fun.

Could be...yet I have had my share of freaky stuff happening since the last and final patch came out

For example...while tracking a Rommie KE with the CDD (he going at spd 7) he kept enticing me by winking his cloak on and off...so the cat and mouse game went for some minutes until I got to the range and angle I needed for a slam ...when I followed in hard to HR+mizzia what I expected to be a breach he kicked in his cloak and winked my stuff out at...speed 7.  Now i thought that was supposed to take effect at speed 6.  His return R torp forced me to WW and there i was stuck with no WW made up and he had what appears to be an infinte WW because his mangy cloak.  

In another encounter (another pilot) I got into a knife fight and noticed that the winking effect seemed to kick in well before they were fully cloaked...a little too fast and a little too efficient.  100% of my plasma was gone but his ship was only about 50% cloaked.  Seems broke to me.  

Thing is this stuff can throw off your game big time.  There is a long history of bugs concerning the Romulan cloak that goes back quite ways in all of the games SFC1, SFC2 and SFC OP.  Thuis my confidence level that it was all "fixed" on the final patch is none too high.

But I'm here to learn.

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2005, 08:35:14 pm »

For example...while tracking a Rommie KE with the CDD (he going at spd 7) he kept enticing me by winking his cloak on and off...so the cat and mouse game went for some minutes until I got to the range and angle I needed for a slam ...when I followed in hard to HR+mizzia what I expected to be a breach he kicked in his cloak and winked my stuff out at...speed 7.  Now i thought that was supposed to take effect at speed 6.  His return R torp forced me to WW and there i was stuck with no WW made up and he had what appears to be an infinte WW because his mangy cloak.  

Actually, that can happen at any speed.  The odds just get better the slower he is going.  I'll dig up my chance-to-lose-lock chart and post it.  In the last patch, after many requests on the forums, Dave was trying to mimic the SFB chart.

Thing is, the cloak still isn't quite as good as it is in SFB.  But the last patch got it pretty close.

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------

Offline T' Kang

• T' Kang
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • sfc3.tkang@hotmail.com
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2005, 08:56:34 pm »
Scanky Old Sluts eh?

It seems to me we are far above comparison to the Grannies Drag Association.  Again jealousy raising its ugly tutu.  What you need is someone who could look beyond your physical repulsiveness, I'd suggest a warehouse worker, who could sweep you off your feet by using his forklift on your love handles.

As for Romulan men, it seems that their R Torps have a little distance on your shriveled little G Torps, leaving a girl much more satisfied when they are launched.  Of course they require a bit more power to charge, so not sure if you Gorn would have the energy for it.  It seems your hardpoint mounts tend to swivel limply, and can't remain in a fixed arc, the R Torps on the other hand remain firm and pointed straight ahead, just where a girl likes em.
LMAO... I have not played SFC2 for quite a while but... Klingons used to move faster, and recharge quicker especially when working from side to side.  ;D
sfc3.tkang@hotmail.com
APR D3 (c) Mod Director

Offline KDS-KYTARH

• KLINGON since SFC-1
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • KDS-KYTARH Captain C7 IKV-D'Ktagh
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2005, 07:16:08 am »
No, actually you are guarantied to put in, Queen Kroma in typical Gorn fashion prefers to lead from the rear.

Plus Karma for Cleopatra, Kai the Female Warrior!
KDS-KYTARH
KLINGON DARK SLAYERS

Captain of the Klingon Heavy Cruiser C7 IKV-D'Ktagh
Last of the Klingon Dark Slayers
KDS Sword of Honor recipient
Commander KDS Vengeance Squadron
Field Marshal GW4

Surrender is NOT an option!

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2005, 09:29:55 am »
Kai the Female Warrior!

You spelled  "kill" wrong  ;D
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Crazy Horse

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2005, 04:36:12 pm »
Heh heh.  Good thing there is no sound in space, otherwise my sensitive ears will be assaulted by all of this endless Gorn trash talk while in battle.   Either that or their screams for mercy.

For their sake I hope they are as skilled in battle as they are in prattle.

We do not worry,  as there is an old saying:       He who laughs last, laughs with a Romulan accent.

However we should stock up on earplugs.

;)   <--- Note: Required flame retardant smiley.   

Tal'Shiar, S.O.S. Command[/size][/color]

• Commodore
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2005, 06:26:20 pm »

Actually, that can happen at any speed.  The odds just get better the slower he is going.  I'll dig up my chance-to-lose-lock chart and post it.  In the last patch, after many requests on the forums, Dave was trying to mimic the SFB chart.

Thing is, the cloak still isn't quite as good as it is in SFB.  But the last patch got it pretty close.

-S'Cipio

You don't say?  Well looks like a was outplayed.  I hate when that happens.

• Commodore
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2005, 06:33:48 pm »
Heh heh.  Good thing there is no sound in space, otherwise my sensitive ears will be assaulted by all of this endless Gorn trash talk while in battle.   Either that or their screams for mercy.

We do not worry,  as there is an old saying:       He who laughs last, laughs with a Romulan accent.

I don't talk much when I fly unless I'm drunk.  I don't fly well when I'm drunk so I'm probably losing.

So the answer is if we are flying and I am talking I am none too skilled and probably losing.

I wish Harry Mudd of Icop were back...the best drunk pilot I ever saw.

Where are they now?  (sob)

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2005, 07:20:41 am »

Ooooo ... look out Gorn ... Crazy is on the warpath!!!  :screwloose:

(and the required aforementioned, and legally approved, smiley   ;D)