Topic: The Reason I went Back to SFC2  (Read 3301 times)

Offline SurveyCrew

• Lt. Junior Grade
The Reason I went Back to SFC2
« on: February 19, 2005, 09:49:23 am »
I have owned SFC3 since it came out. Since then I have had alot of fun, alot of good battles. But , it is at the expense of my time.
Im running a windows 98 machine. Dont get me wrong, I like SFC3 but think my machine doesnt "encourage" it .
After one year of not playing I decided for a change of pace, play sfc3 camp again.
So this is how it went....
Was going to try and get onto GFLS server, huge download, well tried it installed game downloaded apporopriate patches, CRC error, typical, huge donload too, took about 3 hrs. So I saw more people on Unity, played it b4 good mod. Uninstalled SFC3, deleted Act folder etc..reinstalled got messege could not verify your version...ok, I did something wrong, i installed 534 patch by accident, uninstall again. reinstall, add unity mod, yup crc error, uninstall. I ran norton from my disk, found invalid time stamps lol, and inactiveX problems. Fixed em (in theory) . So here we go. Reinstall game  :)
Ran my latest download of unity mod, yes at this point i have 2, one in lower case, one in caps, one from the Dforums and one from sfc3 filefront.  So here it goes, the one from the forum, told me I had invalid files. I tried the one from filefront AGIAN lol (i know, spelling) , well not getting excited till it gets to 99% installed, hey wtf, it worked, wow, thats rare, lol. (im bashing my computer skills and computer), so now its installed, i want to go register and start playing, but, the site is down!!! I swear, a greater power wants me to play sfc2, I dont have this much trouble with those mods, lol. Maybe its Win 98, Maybe its my wireless connection, (i used getright) Idunno, maybe my computer is slowly dying lol. I could just be 10 fold dumber in my older age, Ill just go with that one.
by the way, get that site back up!
 :banghead: :smackhead: :help: :notworthy: :banghead: :screwloose: :iamwithstupid:

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
Re: The Reason I went Back to SFC2
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 10:10:43 am »
. I could just be 10 fold dumber in my older age, Ill just go with that one.
by the way, get that site back up!
 :banghead: :smackhead: :help: :notworthy: :banghead: :screwloose: :iamwithstupid:

Never go with this one ..  We may be slowing down a bit ..  but once informed ..  we tend to do things pretty darn good !

BTW...  there may be some issues with the '98 thingy.  There have not been any updates for that in a while.  I don't think that Microsoft even supports its anymore.

IMHO ..  most of the games on the market would opperate better if Microsoft were a little more cooperative.  (I'd better watch it ..  that is a BIG pet peave of mine !)

at any rate ..  good luck bud ! ....  and HANG IN THERE BABY !

(can't find an appropriate emotocon to accompany !)

If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 01:42:10 pm »
NemoX if its the latest version of Unity there having some issues with the download, new download on its way. Hey you enjoyed GaW stick with it, soem of the SFC3 guys on 9th Fleet are back playing OP (I think you got a few of us aswell) so your going to have a few familiar faces lurking around.

Offline Scrag

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 08:36:46 pm »
Hey Nemox MS does not support 98(SE) anymore and is going to pull ME support soon followed by 2000.  Longhorn is due out late this year but likely next year.  Windows XP has issues but it seems to run games well and has the ability to emmulate 98 settings for oplder games.  I would suggest upgrading to XP first.  I have no idea about your computer config but you are likely to see more issues with newer games as the release.  Nice to hear you are still kicking.

Offline SkyFlyer

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 11:35:57 pm »
Hey Nemox MS does not support 98(SE) anymore and is going to pull ME support soon followed by 2000. Longhorn is due out late this year but likely next year. Windows XP has issues but it seems to run games well and has the ability to emmulate 98 settings for oplder games. I would suggest upgrading to XP first. I have no idea about your computer config but you are likely to see more issues with newer games as the release. Nice to hear you are still kicking.

ME has not been supported for like a year :) I still use it though. One of the better Windoze operating systems out there, ihmo.

I better run before the mob kills me.

Bye.
Life is short... running makes it seem longer.

"A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Offline GFLNimitz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 08:41:59 pm »
<S>NemoX

Ia m sorry to hear you had a problem with the LaW MOD. There was 1 small issue with the on/off switch that causes the CRC erros. If you were to install it I could get you on in no time. Feel free to contact me in the GFL LAW MOD forum. You will not be dissapointed.

<S>
GFLNimitz CO