Topic: Daedelus to air tonight  (Read 3765 times)

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
Daedelus to air tonight
« on: January 14, 2005, 03:50:27 pm »
New episode of Enterprise, don't miss it ;D
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Daedelus to air tonight
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 03:51:22 pm »
Thanks for reminding me. almost forgot Completly.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 08:40:17 pm »
I just saw it.

Not too bad, but not the best episode either.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 11:21:40 am »
I agree AJ. Just so so for me.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 11:45:47 am »
The only thing that made it interesting enough to watch through was the B-plot about Trip and T'Pol's breakup and the scene where Trip and Archer argue.  According to what I've read, both will have big implications in the episodes to come.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline Grand Master of Shadows NCC37385

• Captain
  • 107th Confederate Militia! Sic Semper Tyrannis
    • Gun Kit Builders
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 10:29:29 pm »
It was a ripoff of part of the TOS episode The Tholian Web where Kirk was trapped in the interphase.

I'm God's gift to women!

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.-Robert A. Heinlein

Help control the idiot population. Have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 09:08:34 am »
I didn't think much of this episode. I liked the Vulcan trio much  better

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2005, 06:52:07 pm »
Ah, you knew after something so good 'n' exciting a one-parter following would be a letdown, unless it was extraordinary.  Come on, Paramount, keep those phase cannons charged and photonic torpedoes on standby!  A little hand to hand wouldn't "hurt" either!  Anyone remember in TOS, "The Menagerie" where Lt. Kelso executed his duties in his post (helm) with one arm in a cast and sling?  I kind of expect that in Enterprise!  I mean how many MACOs do they have?  Suppose they need to respond to some frisky colonists who are itching for a fight with Mama Earth and the MACOs needed more warm bodies behind them?  Reed, Mayweather, etc., would be included in any dustup!

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005, 11:29:41 am »

I'm shocked at the low-key reaction!  I thought this was the best Enterprise episode yet. 

It had no implausible meglomaniacs.  No convuluted connections to any other series.  No aliens firing their guns for no reason.   No strained plots where if one person dies the Federation will never be, and no mentions of things we've seen in TOS just to get fanatics to say, "Hey!  he mentioned Kahn!  (For no reason!)"

Just a good old-fashioned SF story, the way Mama TOS used to make.  The actor playing the scientist did a great job with the scene, I thought, when he finally got around to begging Archer for help.

It's an episode I'd gladly sit through again, and I've been painfully short of those since 1969.  But tastes vary.

By the way, I thought the ripoff was more from The Ulitmate Computer then The Tholian Web.

-S'Cipio the atypical
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2005, 12:24:13 pm »
It was not my favorite Trek episode, but it was all right.  A lot better than any of the episodes with time travel, but then, most anything would be.

I liked that both Trip and Archer, during the argument, had valid points of view.  I agreed with Trip's vehement, injured reaction at losing a crewman because of the scientist's BS story, but I also sympathized with Archer's idea that, since they were there, it was their duty to try and save the kid.

Whether or not Archer was letting his personal history with Emory affect his judgement was too close to call, in my opinion.  It was probably the best 'talkie' episode since 'Cogenitor' (which I loved).
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2005, 01:39:53 pm »
Which one was "Cogenitor"?

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2005, 11:24:28 pm »
http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/episodes/ENT/detail/128560.html

Might not want to read all the way down if you don't want to spoil the ending.