Topic: ***Announcing Slave Girls IV: Revenge of the Orion Slave Girls!***  (Read 39643 times)

762_XC

Re: ***Announcing Slave Girls IV: Revenge of the Orion Slave Girls!***
« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2005, 09:05:45 am »
This is turning into a very p00py thread.

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #161 on: January 08, 2005, 12:36:18 pm »
Well you are a "Rear" Admiral in your fleet so I guess your an expert.      :P

762_XC

« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2005, 01:04:30 pm »
Of course. It's one of the qualifications for the rank.

Offline FPF-Wanderer

• Order of Battle Wonk
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Trek Nerd Since 1976
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2005, 09:23:59 pm »
A couple of items I was thinking of...

Will there be a webmap?  Done up with Bonk's configuration so I can use Netscape to view it, instead of having to use IE (which my computer seems to hate)?

Next, I'm looking at the fighterlist in ShipEdit, and it's only showing Fed, Gorn and Rom fighters.  Needless to say, I'm a little befuddled.

Speaking of fighters, are you going to split some of the fighters into seperate model folders as you have discussed in the past?  Be kinda nice.

And speaking of model folders, I was hoping you could whip up a quick list of what model folders are being created for SG4 (other than the Tholian folder, which is obvious).  With all of the stuff that has built up in my model folder over the years, I'm not sure what might be new, ie what has been created for SG4.

If I can be of help with any of this, I'm more than willing.
Alliance SAC, SG4 / Alliance SAC, RDSL / Federation A/RM: AOTK, SSII, GW4 / Federation Chief of Staff / Member of the Flying Circus / Alliance Map Guy

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2005, 09:33:28 pm »
ya, wanderer, get with DH and make sure all the races say their respective names, i.e., the Mirak = Tholians.

The folders... I think we make a few PF folders thru the bat file that copy your stock FF and the tholian folder and thats about it. We did NOT copy over anything already there like RDSL server did, so this install is completely harmless... Fear not.

The extra ftr folders, in the interest of getting the server done by this weekend, we left most of it on the cutting room floor. Perhaps DH did seperate model folders for the Hvy Ftrs. I dunno, but it'd be nice.

Afa the Webmap goes, I enlisted Bonk's assistance on it, but I'm not sure if it will fly or not. I hope so. Where is Darkelf? He had some cool toys for webmap stuff... Mb you can look into this, Wanderer?>

Offline FPF-Wanderer

• Order of Battle Wonk
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Trek Nerd Since 1976
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2005, 10:40:38 pm »
ya, wanderer, get with DH and make sure all the races say their respective names, i.e., the Mirak = Tholians.

Don't know exactly how I can be of help here, other than to log in to the server and check.

The folders... I think we make a few PF folders thru the bat file that copy your stock FF and the tholian folder and thats about it. We did NOT copy over anything already there like RDSL server did, so this install is completely harmless... Fear not.

Wasn't fearful of anything being overwritten, just curious if there was anything added, so I could check to see if there was any nifty models I might want to put in, model whore that I am.  ;D

The extra ftr folders, in the interest of getting the server done by this weekend, we left most of it on the cutting room floor. Perhaps DH did seperate model folders for the Hvy Ftrs. I dunno, but it'd be nice.

I figured as much, no biggie, just thought I'd ask.

Afa the Webmap goes, I enlisted Bonk's assistance on it, but I'm not sure if it will fly or not. I hope so. Where is Darkelf? He had some cool toys for webmap stuff... Mb you can look into this, Wanderer?

A Bonk webmap should be fine, they've always worked before.  Afa DarkElf's whereabouts, he's hip-deep in RL stuff, kinda hard to get ahold of these days.
Alliance SAC, SG4 / Alliance SAC, RDSL / Federation A/RM: AOTK, SSII, GW4 / Federation Chief of Staff / Member of the Flying Circus / Alliance Map Guy

Offline FPF-Wanderer

• Order of Battle Wonk
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Trek Nerd Since 1976
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2005, 11:10:45 pm »
Another question I had; Diz, you said in the 2nd post that "Bases will be revised, as they are destructable".  Does this mean that their positions on the map will be revised, or that their counting as VC's will be revised?

Also, to note something I said earlier, I opened the fighterlist with notepad, everything seems to be there.  I wonder why only the Fed, Gorn and Rom fighters show in ShipEdit?  Weird...

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2005, 11:17:01 pm »
Everything about bases are revised. Be afraid, very afraid.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2005, 11:52:56 pm »

WTF were you thinking?
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2005, 12:24:17 am »
Afa the Webmap goes, I enlisted Bonk's assistance on it, but I'm not sure if it will fly or not. I hope so. Where is Darkelf? He had some cool toys for webmap stuff... Mb you can look into this, Wanderer?

A Bonk webmap should be fine, they've always worked before. Afa DarkElf's whereabouts, he's hip-deep in RL stuff, kinda hard to get ahold of these days.

I have the D.net OP flatfile webmap pointing to "The Forge" for now (to test latest version). When SGO4 is moved to D.net servers to go live, I'll point the map to the Slave Girls IV autosave folder and edit the race names in the config. (Planet and base display can be disabled - let me know which to disable if desired).

Wasn't fearful of anything being overwritten, just curious if there was anything added, so I could check to see if there was any nifty models I might want to put in, model whore that I am. ;D

Current NSIS installer script attached for inspection...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 01:06:01 am by Bonk »

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2005, 12:39:22 am »

WTF were you thinking?
[/size]

LOL! Seems more is less... From the bases before, these have 30% less power and 30% more weapons, offensive and defensive, reconfigured. It's probably good we start too hard and work down to find the threshhold where they crack and with what.

EDIT: The bases are fine, IMO. Chuut and I tested them, they are not broken as before and they are not too difficult to take down. An H-IC and F-CVA took down an I-SBFR with relative ease. Chuut got tagged hard cuz he got stupid and close. Then with me in an I-CVS and Chuut in a CCY we took out a Rom SBFR in a 30 minute fight w/o taking much internals.

I think the bases need to be tougher, but it is all relative to their cost.

I sent you a PM on the specs of the Hydran bases, of which the stock has 13 PhG's. Quite OTT. I cut them down to 8 I believe and added 8 Ph1's.

It all depends on using str vs weakness. I'll be happy to re evaluate the bases and cut where necessary, but I do think they need testing to determine just how tough they are or are not.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 04:52:18 am by Dizzy »

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #171 on: January 13, 2005, 11:01:02 pm »
Admins, can you please unsticky and let this thread sink to the bottom? But dont lock it, I need to copy and paste my test. I'm planning on a new fresh clean thread with finalized documentation soon. Want to avoid confusion. Tanka...

762_XC

« Reply #172 on: January 14, 2005, 12:05:37 am »
Welka.