Topic: GW 4 - DAY OF THE EAGLE - OFFICIAL GAME PLAY THREAD  (Read 52866 times)

Offline Firehawk

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: GW 4 - DAY OF THE EAGLE - OFFICIAL GAME PLAY THREAD
« Reply #320 on: November 27, 2004, 11:11:27 pm »
Testy's F-sCBF fell to the R-KCRF Divine Wind
Firehawk of the Romulan SPQR

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #321 on: November 27, 2004, 11:12:02 pm »
Firehawk's R-KCRS died versus J'inn and t00L
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline KAT J'inn

• CFO - Kzinti War Machine, Inc.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #322 on: November 27, 2004, 11:12:23 pm »
Good Game everyone!!

I'll wait for the final kill reports for a while and then post the scores

Offline Firehawk

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #323 on: November 27, 2004, 11:13:06 pm »
Firehawk's R-KCRS died versus J'inn and t00L

It was a KCRF

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #324 on: November 27, 2004, 11:14:05 pm »
Even better
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

762_XC

« Reply #325 on: November 27, 2004, 11:15:24 pm »
F9th-Komodo (F-CLC)
J'inn (F-HDWsomethinorother)
t00l (F-CVAR)

-vs-

Firehawk (R-KCRF)
TacoBell (R-KRCS)

Both Rommies (and the CLC) killed, gg!

2 points for da freakin good guys.

Offline Villa64

• NCC-64E
  • Captain
  • Knuckle Dragger
« Reply #326 on: November 27, 2004, 11:16:40 pm »
Glad you got that SOB.  My crew is floating around the nebula. <sniff>

:D
Engaging the precious snowflakes of the world.

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
« Reply #327 on: November 27, 2004, 11:17:10 pm »
Doomstone's C8VK fell to Kroma and Green's BCVs. VVVVGG game Doomstone. You got balls. Damn that's what keeps me coming back, win or lose.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline Firehawk

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #328 on: November 27, 2004, 11:20:07 pm »
Glad you got that SOB.  My crew is floating around the nebula. <sniff>

:D

Teach you to mess with a romulan in a nebula  ;D

Offline Doomstone

• Visible Frylock
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #329 on: November 27, 2004, 11:28:15 pm »
Doomstone's C8VK fell to Kroma and Green's BCVs. VVVVGG game Doomstone. You got balls. Damn that's what keeps me coming back, win or lose.

Right on. The first ship I lost on the whole server was in the last mission... and I didn't think it would count because everyone on voice chat was screaming about the server being over!!! I still almost made it... took 2 BCV's to take me down. GG guys!

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #330 on: November 27, 2004, 11:41:13 pm »

Right on. The first ship I lost on the whole server was in the last mission... and I didn't think it would count because everyone on voice chat was screaming about the server being over!!! I still almost made it... took 2 BCV's to take me down. GG guys!

GG Doomstone.

Only because "he who shall not be named ... but is still a bastich ... J'inn" says I have to, I'll also post that KYTARAH lost his DN in a battle that he was outnumbered 2v1 against Jem and I.

Offline KAT J'inn

• CFO - Kzinti War Machine, Inc.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #331 on: November 28, 2004, 12:03:16 am »
FINAL UPDATE DONE!!!

I may have made some boo boos so double check me.

And  . . . .

The Alliance wins in a squeaker!!!!!!

See first post for details.

Man, that was ugly.   Good thing old J'inn invested heavily in the Deep Space Coffin Company, Inc.   Who sez war isn't profitable?

Offline Villa64

• NCC-64E
  • Captain
  • Knuckle Dragger
« Reply #332 on: November 28, 2004, 12:39:10 am »
OPERATION MOSQUITO MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!

from CNN.com

Babel>  In the final round of negotiations here, Federation diplomats are pointing to advantages gained during the now revealed "Operation Mosquito".  One diplomat was quoted as saying, " Its as if we were down to the wire at the cease fire, and the edge we needed to gain peace was percieved "points" gained in the Tholian Theater of Operations (TTO)".  In a secret operation, now revealed to CNN reporters, Operation Mosquito was launched from Tholian space to gain advantages from a stretched thin Klingon fleet.  "The Klingons are not sleeping soundly tonight, knowing that Romulan warships patrol its shipping lanes", one negotiator said.

The fight edged back and forth, especially in the past few days.  Negotiators, speaking on the condition of anonymity, pointed to perceived 'points' that negotiators used during negotiations.  Four such points made the difference.  The days were dark over the Thanksgiving Holiday, but Starfleet ships were there, defending freedom, despite pushes by the heathens when they knew that we were chowing on turkey.  Despite the controversy over the meal at DS2 ('the chow here sucks, troops say'), Starfleet fought on, knowing they were supported by their brothers down south.

Tholian ambassador (name cannot be pronounced by humans), said that their fleet 'enjoyed making big Klink rocks into little Klink rocks.'  When asked about the rumor of Federation captains providing assistance, Ambassador N.C.B.P.B.H. replied, 'no comment'.

The campaign has been marred, however.  Admission of a Federation admirals 'apology for being a pr#ck', and subspace pleas regarding 'needing numbers', and west 'crumbling', were dismissed by Federation authorities as <transmission garbled>.

Authorities do point to the near future.  "The Roms are stretched thin now.  With the necessity of peacekeeping in the Klingon Home Sector, and losses taken during GW4, we see the possbility of a breakthrough soon.  And I aint selling you lizard oil", one diplomat said.

------------------------------

...Do you want to know more?  Become a CNN member by clicking here
Engaging the precious snowflakes of the world.

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
    • http://klingon.lostexiles.net/
« Reply #333 on: November 28, 2004, 02:38:55 am »
Well, if anything is to be said about the final score, it's that the coalition certainly did far better than expected. We felt overwhelmed, guys, and I'm sure many alliance pilots didn't know that. Many continuous days and nights were hard fought just to maintain what we had in hopes that we could improve our numbers, and that actually eventually came!
Example: Thanksgiving day: blue!

Overview:
Most of the campaign has been fought defensively by the coalition, after the initial opening weekend where the 'bridge' was established. The losses of  0,4 , 2,5 ,  4,7 , 5,8  were only mitigated through the placement of bases and battlestations in the hopes to slow down the advanced. 3,8(FireSoul) was placed first *right at the front* and it semi-miraculously created the wanted and needed trench warfare necessary to slow down the advance of the alliance multitude.

BS 0,9(Pardek) and the BATS of 4,10(Doomstone) were later on placed as further protective locations, covering the valuable Klingon inner planets and starbases. Thanks to these additional bases, we held. Just look at the link above for proof. Placing the BATS actually had the side effect of increasing the max DV of the hex to 20, unlike placing a BS which had no effect!. That worked out for us.

0,6?(Pardek) and 1,7(Warsears) were placed later during the great charge to 0,4, as resupply and reinforcement jumppoints for both Romulan and Klingon pilots. It worked out extremely well as 0,4 was retaken as Klingon, and it was close to the last evening's 2,2 arena. It also served as a resupply point in the retaking of 2,5 overnight.

While 2,5 was being contested during that same night, the alliance proceeded down the 27 and 29 column relatively unchallenged, taking 2 Romulan bases as well as retaking what was previously theirs at 28,6..  BS 27,11 (MadElf) was placed at around 8am EST on the last day, before retiring to bed, as a simple insurance that "it'll slow them down if they continue". By the time that I, myself, came back on at around 1pm, the coalition numbers were actually good and that territory was being retaken starting with the 27,9 base as Klingon. Another Romulan base was placed in 28,7 (FireSoul) column right at that front to ease in mission times and prevent possible numbers turn around. The end result was that front was retaken too and that base didn't do all that much.. but it was a thought.

Analysis:
This campaign was very hard and well fought.. and to be honest the coalition is calling this final result a resounding success considering how the campaign went. Kudos to all!! it was hell.
It's my personal opinion that the bases actually performed as desired, and allowed the final recovery of the coalition. Those bases didn't win the server, but they sure prevented the loss. *7* coalition bases were placed at the cost of 75K PP for BSs and 135K PP for BATSes. I mean, wow. Really.

EDIT: Please let me know if I missed ANY of the bases placed.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 02:58:35 am by FireSoul »

Author: OP+ Mod
Maintainer: Coopace
Author: Fests+ for OP
Creator: SFC-OP Mini Updater
Maintainer: SFC-EAW for OP Campaigns
Kitbash: SFC2 models

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #334 on: November 28, 2004, 04:21:56 am »
And Kudos to the Alliance pilots as well for overcoming the weekend Red and Green Plagues to earn a humble victory.  Things often looked Grim as a few dedicated pilots would stand in the face of overwhelming odds.  Same could be said for several Coalition pilots who did the same on those occasions when the situation was reversed.

I would especially like to commend one Coalition player for this as he was often faced with superior odds in the early morning hours but strived to be as much of a pain as he could and do what he could for his cause.  So everyone congratulate Reejr, he symbolised what this game is about.  Never did he complain about being outnumbered but strove to do his best and always provided great matches and utmost sportsmanship. 

This server was a blast and the level of sportsmanship is far superior to that of ANY other server it has been my pleasure to be involved in, I think we can all pat ourselves on the back.  Well done all!!!

However, rather than let the admins get a big head about their tremendous success I propose that we need to form a new "Bitching Committee" to bring us up to our normal par and give J'inn and Co. their normal levels of stress.  I think Dizzy should lead this group as his particular talents would be put to maximun effect.  After all when you need a bitch who else are you gonna call........ ;D

Offline FPF-Wanderer

• Order of Battle Wonk
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Trek Nerd Since 1976
« Reply #335 on: November 28, 2004, 06:35:02 am »
Wow, what a campaign!  Hard fought, well played, ultimately the numbers were fairly even (I'd be willing to bet w/ a statistical analysis, missions flown would be within +/- 5-10%), and the best part of all was that GW4 was as civilized a server as I have ever been a part of.  Kudos to all.

Overview:

The initial day and a half of the server was a bit of a blow to Alliance morale, as the Coalition ran unopposed across the southern part of the map to create their "bridge" and separate Federation and Tholian territory.  An unfortunate side effect of this was that the starting postion for Feds was at the very bottom of Fed space and once the bridge was in place, new Feds joining the server found themselves deep in enemy territory (J'inn you bastard! lol).

Things turned for us starting late the first Sunday night when we finally got some numbers on (the Coalition must have been watching the football game on ESPN, or "Touched by an Angel", not sure which) and we took the first Klingon base.  The next two nights were also good to us, and we managed to continue south and capture two more bases.

From there, things devolved into a stalemate of trench warfare.  Yes, the bases that were placed in the area (3,8 and 4,10 which changed hands more times than I can count, lol) by the Coalition did slow us down a bit, but the 40 dv hexes directly behind them is what truly stopped any further Alliance gains.  We never did have the numbers to push forward any further, and when we did manage to take one of those high dv hexes on the overnight, the Coalition numbers advantage during the morning took it right back (although this had the advantage of keeping the Coalition forces occupied and from hitting elsewhere).

The rest of the server was pretty much the Coalition re-taking the 3,8 area during their high times and the Alliance taking them back during theirs.  We made a few valiant attempts to break the "bridge" over Tholian space, but never could sustain it for more than an evening before it was taken back the next morning. 

Analysis:

It's a funny thing about "the numbers".  I'll bet each side has just as many "We're horribly outnumbered!" threads as the other in their respective forums.

Alliance high times were Sunday thru Tuesday and the overnight shift.  Coalition superiority was on Fridays and Saturdays and the mornings/afternoons (other than Thanksgiving morning, heheh).  The rest of the week during primetime the numbers were relatively even.  As I said above, I'd put money on the number of missions run at pretty darn even.  Heck, just looking at the starting and ending maps attests to the eveness of the server.

Alliance SAC, SG4 / Alliance SAC, RDSL / Federation A/RM: AOTK, SSII, GW4 / Federation Chief of Staff / Member of the Flying Circus / Alliance Map Guy

Offline KDS-KYTARH

• KLINGON since SFC-1
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • KDS-KYTARH Captain C7 IKV-D'Ktagh
« Reply #336 on: November 28, 2004, 10:08:57 am »
15 minutes left to go on the server, Captain Kytarh on the bridge of the D'Ktagh for his 13th hour of battle on the final day. Working to flip a base on the eastern front to try and grant some relief to the warriors battling on the north west corner. Suddenly we are jumped by two Fed BCFFs or something. Green and Jem are attacking my flagship! I try to put up a fight and in a last minute try to ward at least one ship off run to get them in behind me. I start to launch my fighters intending to at least cause some damage before I leave the map. For some reason two of my fighter wings wont leave the bay,, I take a few seconds to look down and see what the problem is and when I look back up I am tractored! The Flagship D'Ktagh, Long a thorn in the side of the Federation was finally destroyed at the border. Good game Green and Jem.
KDS-KYTARH
KLINGON DARK SLAYERS

Captain of the Klingon Heavy Cruiser C7 IKV-D'Ktagh
Last of the Klingon Dark Slayers
KDS Sword of Honor recipient
Commander KDS Vengeance Squadron
Field Marshal GW4

Surrender is NOT an option!

Offline Vorcha

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #337 on: November 28, 2004, 03:44:55 pm »
Sounded like fun...sorry I was away and couldn't be there.  GW5 will be different.

V

Offline FPF-SCM_TraceyG_XC

• Empress of the Empire
  • Commander
« Reply #338 on: November 28, 2004, 10:12:04 pm »
Unstickied
Captain FPF-TraceyG, Federation Protection Fleet

SFC2.net Admin member
SFC3.net Admin member
Voting member of the DGA
Member of XenoCorp, Squadron Commodore