Topic: For those of you who think I never collaborate.  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Red_Green

• Lt.
  • Whatever
For those of you who think I never collaborate.
« on: November 06, 2004, 10:21:44 pm »
I textured Azel's Mercury, his TOS SoulWolf.
Did up about 6-8 kitbashes of his TMP Gorn.
Did about 6-8 kitbashes of Azels TNG Gorn.

Atheorhaven textured my mesh of Lance's designed Bradbury.
Chris Jones Hard pointed and damaged several ships of mine.
I textured MajorRacal's Merlin.

On over half dozen occasions others not named above had said they were working on texturing some of my meshes but
didn't finish-no problem as I have done the same to a few other projects due to real life.

I just wanted to point this out as I feel pegged into someone I am not. Sometimes I turn down projects because I don't feel my skills are there to make it work, othere times I have no interest in an era or design or whatever. I would like to work woth more people, however my set up is limited for communicating effectivly and sharing files. I still have a modem and a free email account that limits files to 1mb. Also I don't know what AIM is or whatever it is you all use to talk to one another.

-Smooth sailing

The most creative person hides his sources the best!

"The universe hates you. Deal with it!"

Spoken by Harper in a 1st season episode of Andromeda.

"Pesimism is not a survival trait"

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: For those of you who think I never collaborate.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 10:40:13 pm »
Will you be releasing any of them sir?
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 12:52:21 am »
I am just wondering what this is all about?

as for AIM it is AOLs' Instant Messenger
MSN has one to which is free if you have a hotmail account.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 01:20:37 am »

He's feeling like he's limited to what he can do because of bandwidth, and feels typecast as being someone who doesn't play well with others.  I know him, and can say that he is someone here with a good amount of talent, and wants to break out of imposed (or self-imposed) limitations.  Personally, I'd be happy to see a lot more of his own original and Trek based works.

I'm hoping to see more collaborations.. I'm a big fan of what can be done when multiple people work together to create.. that's exactly how G@W, Galaxies at War, and so many other mods came into being.
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Red_Green

• Lt.
  • Whatever
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 11:23:49 am »

He's feeling like he's limited to what he can do because of bandwidth, and feels typecast as being someone who doesn't play well with others.  I know him, and can say that he is someone here with a good amount of talent, and wants to break out of imposed (or self-imposed) limitations.  Personally, I'd be happy to see a lot more of his own original and Trek based works.

I'm hoping to see more collaborations.. I'm a big fan of what can be done when multiple people work together to create.. that's exactly how G@W, Galaxies at War, and so many other mods came into being.

Yea thats a better way of saying it :D.  In truth, at times  I probably don't play well with others but I think I can improve.  Texturing is my biggest weakness still, yet thats most often what people ask me to do. If someone has a mesh that needs doing but keeps getting passed over, I could give it a try and then someone else texture it. I'd prefer doing a mesh for someone that hasn't had a ship released yet as I remember Atheorhaven helping me get one of my 1st ships done when I had no clue what was involved.

The most creative person hides his sources the best!

"The universe hates you. Deal with it!"

Spoken by Harper in a 1st season episode of Andromeda.

"Pesimism is not a survival trait"

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 02:40:03 pm »
I find that both texturing and model making both eat up enormess amounts of time. Depeding on the details on the model texturing can take longer to do and usually ends up in the biggest compromized for looks. Either way I tend to work only on my own projects, and help refine textures for others and do a vary small amount of requests.

I don't see the problem of skipping requests at all, as long as you at least reply to the requester, since not everything that comes along will interest a person. Lets face it the amount of time that goes into creating a ship with textures is a time consuming undertaking. Also if you are not behind the project 100% there is greater odds that you will not put forth your best effort or will drop it if something else comes along. I know about dropped projects because I have done a few of those, have a HDD full of incompleted works.

All I can say is don't worry about it, do what you can and more importantly what you want. It is your time and you have to decide how you want to spend it, and on what is best for you.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.