Topic: Where is a good Lod and Poly counter?  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Where is a good Lod and Poly counter?
« on: November 05, 2004, 02:33:44 pm »
    I would like to know where you get a good Lod and Poly counter from ?Thanks for any suggestions. Where is a good place to download one from?

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: Where is a good Lod and Poly counter?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 02:41:32 pm »
I know Milkshape has one built in and I think max does too. LODs are made in max and use a plug in to get them into the mod file. If you want to view the LOD models on released ship the Taldren model viewer works fine. Just go to options LOD and select the one you want to see.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 07:36:54 pm »
  Where can you obtian these?Please provide the links if you can.Thanks.

Offline MrCue

• Site Designer
  • Lt.
  • Proud Father
    • Battleclinic
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 04:54:31 am »
Try google for milkshape and 3D studio Max.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 06:00:40 am »
Milkshape
Milkshape is only free for 30 days then you have to pay 25 USD to use it from there on in. It is a modelling program for the low end users. Good for Kitbashing mostly, if you are going to do this more than that I suggest getting o9ne of the 700+ USD programs like 3DMax, LightWave etc. You will need to find the plugins for StarFleet Command for it, just as you would for Max as well.

The Viewer can be found here Normally I would give the link to nightsoft but they are down again for the moment.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 01:02:11 pm »
  What version of Milkshape is best to get as I see there is more than one version.I know about Nightsoft being down as that is where my sig is being hosted on. Thanks.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 01:09:18 pm »
Check out the SFC 3 model tools.. they give you a quick and dirty poly counter.. ;)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!