Topic: Taldren Model Viewer  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
Taldren Model Viewer
« on: November 05, 2004, 04:42:23 am »
What formats can the above view, can it view 3ds meshes?

Offline Wolfsglen

• Starship Mutilator
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Taldren Model Viewer
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 06:57:24 am »
As far as i know, it only views .MOD files, but dont quote me on that  ;D

Offline wulf111

• Member of OutaLance Shipyards
  • Lt.
  • OutaLance, Where Dreams Become a Reality
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 07:12:28 am »
it can only view .MOD format its the only selection available on the drop down menu

Chuck Norris floats like a butterfly and stings like a tomahawk missile. At mach 3. In the face.

Offline Reverend

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 01:16:14 pm »
and funny thing is is that everytime I use it, then close it, it always caused Windows XP to give me a warning that there was a unexpected error... weird... and that has happened over several formats..

Offline Wolfsglen

• Starship Mutilator
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 01:21:48 pm »
Dont suppose you use diskeeper defrag from executive do you Reverend?

If ya do...uninstall it then try Modviewer again...you might be surprised :D

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 10:07:06 pm »
Rev, right click on the shortcut and select compatibility. Select "windows 98 / windows ME". That should clear up the error window when you close the mod viewer. It worked for me.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Reverend

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 10:47:09 pm »
Dont suppose you use diskeeper defrag from executive do you Reverend?

If ya do...uninstall it then try Modviewer again...you might be surprised :D
Uh, why do you say that? I bought it two weeks ago, lol...Diskkeeper also gave me trouble trying to install my wife's Jeopardy game.... even though the game disk was in the drive, it kep trying to reinstall Diskeeper.. weird..

Thanks guys... duh... suppose I should have thought of that before..

Offline Wolfsglen

• Starship Mutilator
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2004, 03:38:13 am »
I only say it because i had exactly the same problem before heheh, one day i uninstalled diskeeper purely by accident, and modviewer started working perfectly.

Weird one isnt it  :skeptic: :screwloose: but lo and behold it fixed things. The inbuilt XP defragger is actually a cut down version of executive's diskeeper, so i figured i would do without the scheduling options for now and stick with it.

Offline Reverend

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2004, 04:26:49 pm »
I only say it because i had exactly the same problem before heheh, one day i uninstalled diskeeper purely by accident, and modviewer started working perfectly.

Weird one isnt it  :skeptic: :screwloose: but lo and behold it fixed things. The inbuilt XP defragger is actually a cut down version of executive's diskeeper, so i figured i would do without the scheduling options for now and stick with it.
so it doesnt defrag any better, notify you (via a scan) any better, just has a scheduler?

Offline Wolfsglen

• Starship Mutilator
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2004, 04:55:35 pm »
Basically yes, the "full" diskeeper has the scheduling options plus the boot time defrag which the inbuilt one lacks - otherwise the inbuilt one is the same engine.

If you open up the XP disk defrag (you wont be able to while diskeeper is installed as it will open that instead - diskeeper "upgrades" the basic defragger when you install it) and go to Help - About Disk Defragmenter, it says "Windows Disk Defragmenter
Copyright (c) 2001 Microsoft Corp. and Executive Software International, Inc." which shows ya all you need.

It basically depends how much you need the boot time defrag and scheduling options...but its the same basic defrag engine underneath.

Offline Reverend

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2004, 09:21:37 pm »
Boot time defrag? I think I have the single user version; wanted the server version...
what is boot time defrag? Do I have it, and am too dumb to know it? :) :P

Offline Wolfsglen

• Starship Mutilator
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2004, 07:34:16 am »
Boot time defrag? I think I have the single user version; wanted the server version...
what is boot time defrag? Do I have it, and am too dumb to know it? :) :P

Hehe yer not dumb at all. dumb people dont ask and try to learn :D For XP home/pro the single user one is perfect.

Boot time defrag comes with any version of Diskeeper that you buy, it can defrag files before windows boots that would otherwse be locked (such as system files) and cant be defragged once windows is running.

To be honest though, i have done some serious timing and have never noticed any performance increase with it...so i stick with the regular defrags (scheduled or manual) which keeps my system smooth enough even after mass file moving. Dont forget to try the compatibility trick the guys above mentioned though...that may cure your problem as well (although it didnt for me before - only uninstalling diskeeper worked - figures i find that out AFTER i buy diskeeper the legit and legal way!)