Topic: USS Comanche Assault Frigate with proper regisrties  (Read 2126 times)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
USS Comanche Assault Frigate with proper regisrties
« on: November 06, 2004, 07:22:47 am »
Hiya folks , I finished the registries for the bash Wolfsglen did on my request,so here she is........

USS Comanche NCC-3600 Assault Frigate

And ya get it here...............

http://outlance.battleclinic.com/Models%20Please/Comanche.zip

Again my thanks to Wolfsglen for the great ship.And to GAFY for going out of his way to showing me PSP8
Enjoy !!!!!
 ;D :thumbsup:
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Wolfsglen

• Starship Mutilator
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: USS Comanche Assault Frigate with proper regisrties
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 07:48:22 am »
Nice one, thanks! Definitely looks better with a proper name.

Im still trying to figure out how the hell to do (decent) curved text for the registries in PSP...dont be afraid to drop me a few hints if you get the chance!

PS i should have the Rickover request done this weekend, with luck i *might* get some time in a week or so for some other stuff to spam you all with :D

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 10:20:14 am »
Been a while since I used PSP, but IIRC, start a vector layer, go to the shapes button, pick elipse, draw your circle or ovoid, then choose the text button, put your cursor over the shape...cursor should change, type text...if it's on the outside of the ellipse, goto edit shape...there's a setting there to make it move to inside the shape, can't remember what it is though...damn. :P

Anyway, that's about all I remember...you could always do it one letter at a time also...sometimes the best regs are done that way. Hope this helps. :)
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline Wolfsglen

• Starship Mutilator
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 11:58:01 am »
Certainly more than i had to go on before hehe, thanks!

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 01:12:12 pm »

Im still trying to figure out how the hell to do (decent) curved text for the registries in PSP...dont be afraid to drop me a few hints if you get the chance!

PS i should have the Rickover request done this weekend, with luck i *might* get some time in a week or so for some other stuff to spam you all with :D

It's all about the pen tool.Find me on MSN and i'll pass dowm the knowledge GAFY? gave to me.Made my texturing a whole lot simpler.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 02:09:06 pm »

Would you guys feel it'd be good to have a tutorial on how to do this in PSP?  I can do one up if I don't still Pataflafla's kicking around..
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 02:11:06 pm »

Would you guys feel it'd be good to have a tutorial on how to do this in PSP?  I can do one up if I don't still Pataflafla's kicking around..

I for one would love it because if it wasn't for GAFY I'd still be doing registry one letter/number at a time.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2004, 02:30:09 pm »
I for one would love it because if it wasn't for GAFY I'd still be doing registry one letter/number at a time.

Alrighty.. I'll see what I can do.. :)

Doing stuff like this is relatively easy as long as I can get to my machine.. all the tools are on both, and getting the screen captures is easy.  :D

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2004, 02:31:35 pm »

Alrighty.. I'll see what I can do.. :)

Doing stuff like this is relatively easy as long as I can get to my machine.. all the tools are on both, and getting the screen captures is easy.  :D

LOL for you maybe,Mani was the one who showed me how to do that......man I'm hopeless
-MP

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2004, 02:37:12 pm »
LOL for you maybe,Mani was the one who showed me how to do that......man I'm hopeless
-MP

Actually, I'd meant doing up a tutorial on how to do it with screen captures... doing the registries themselves was a tricky process when I first learned how to do them.  But I've gotten it down pretty well now.  ;)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2004, 05:57:04 am »
-MP

Actually, I'd meant doing up a tutorial on how to do it with screen captures... doing the registries themselves was a tricky process when I first learned how to do them.  But I've gotten it down pretty well now.  ;)

I've seen your work Alec,pretty well is an understatement of your talents.
-MP

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2004, 06:38:14 am »
tkae that ship , take away the rollbar and the third nacelle and put on those cool pods from moonrakers soyuz class and ull get and even better soyuz. or leave the pods away and add the big Phasercannons once made by wickedzombie and ull get a very nice saratoga. or leave even those cannons away and ull get a brittain. just an idea for a complete miranda class subtype fleet.

ed :)
your sssship iss ssssoft!

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2004, 07:37:51 am »

If ya need the ships registries done,just send it to me on MSN.

Offline Wolfsglen

• Starship Mutilator
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2004, 07:42:17 am »
Cheers MP, i might just do that since im terrible with them  :thumbsup: I keep literally getting dragged off my PC but im determined to try and finish some stuff.