Topic: where to get more proper modelled TMP fed nacelles ??  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
where to get more proper modelled TMP fed nacelles ??
« on: November 06, 2004, 08:44:26 am »
where can i get some more proper modelled TMP fed nacelles than P81's, since his are modelled wrong in some parts, had a look on his Ent-A nacelles and saw that some things on them are modelled wrong
please help, want to add those nacelles to the Sydney as requested before i release it  :) ;D

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline Kaenyne

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: where to get more proper modelled TMP fed nacelles ??
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 11:21:54 am »
Well, if absolute accuracy is what you're after, perhaps Demon Renegade Studios is an option. But I do not know if his are EXACTLY as they are in the studio model. After all, everybody is allowed creative license.
"If I may be so bold, it was a mistake for you to accept promotion. Commanding a Starship is your first, best destiny. Anything else is a waste of material."

-Spock
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 11:27:20 am »
Go find Khalibans' Enterprise, it was probably the most accurate one done to date.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline KtHyla

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Phoenix Experimental Shipyards
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 12:13:29 pm »
Refit Connie nacelles are a fairly misunderstood geometry, so I've watched many well-meaning modelers build them incorrectly out of boxes. Proper Refit nacelles are actually made from cylinders, believe it or not.

Although they're in LightWave (and Klingon Academy) format, check the Connies I have on my site, there is one accuracy that I know of (I couldn't figure out how to incorporate the downward tapering of the midsection), but the nacelles might be better suited for what you're looking for:

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/phoenixx/phoenix.htm

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 01:30:22 pm »
Kt'hyla's right about people taking the wrong approach on building TMP nacelles. The engines are mostly cylinders and other distorted shapes. The only box on the whole design is the forward section and even it has rounded edges.

I don't know how others do it exactly, but I built mine in sections (front, back, and whatever's left) and then assembled them all into one model for the final product. They're probably inaccurate in a few minor areas (nobody can get proportions perfectly right) but they are close.

I did drop a few separately released engine models on my site for kitbash purposes so people wouldn't have to download my 3mb ships just for the nacelles. At any rate, counting Kt'hyla's and Khaliban's, that's 3 good alternatives to pick through.
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 02:31:46 pm »
thanks to all but i found  good nacelles on an ship that i downloaded from battleclinic, its named U.S.S. Achilles NCC-551, don#t know who made it or if its an kitbash because there is no readme in the zip but those nacelles are perfect for me  :) ;D

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 02:58:05 pm »
Yeah, those are Moonraker's engines then. Pretty much anything from Eras at War is made primarily from Moon's models with a few parts from p81's ships.
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...