Topic: Nightsoft to boycott filefront by end of week  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
Nightsoft to boycott filefront by end of week
« on: November 01, 2004, 01:14:29 am »
Due to censorship activity by gamingfiles admins at
http://www.gamingforums.com/index.php?

Nightsoft will boycott them at the end of the week. This issue stems from the deletion and warning of mebers posting links to temporary forums during BCU's downtime, and even people posting BCU links in their sigs. Additionaly, they're  response was insulting. We apparently do not provide a service other than to leech members. This applies directly to BCU, but would happen if someone were to post a unity forums link in their sig. Infact,  it affects every major community whose main roots fall outside of gamingfiles. Communities such as Armada,  which is primarily based at AFC and SGN, as well as SFC (SFC3.net and ex-taldren (now dynaverse). Even if someone asks where all the modders are, as in this post,
http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=156664
You get censored for it. I had a post in this thread deleted, and a warning sent to my PM box. I undeleted the post as soon as I learned of it. What's funny is the staff member who sent the warnign has a Bush sig. Apparently, promotion of a presidential canadate (the exsistancec of which probably pisses off most of the non-americans there) is more important than a sig which promotes gaming, which is the whole purpose of their forum. They lack common sense in enforcement of tyrannical  regulations and definetly have a issue with their priorities.  I envite everyone in the SFC and armada community, as well as any other who's roots started outside of gamingfiles, trek or otherwise, to  fight this.  Please send a clean, intilligent gripe to:
pr@filefront.com   
if you  support our cause.  This boycott will affect any game  with nighsoft products, such as the BC2 models which will be shared with SFC and Armada, and any mods which include them. This means they will not be allowed on SFC3files.com, for example. Please post a copy of your email below.  Remeber,  keep the language clean. This is not a hate campaign against the gamingfiles forum, not are we trying to "destroy" them.   This is a movement asking for fair treatment and change.

This started as a BCU issue. However,  any community who's  roots are outside gamingfiles, like KA,  Armada, and SFC (ALL versions) is affected by this censorship practice and I come here asking for your support. Please,  if possible,  support this cause, even if you hate SFC3, or their  administration..whatever...this affects the community itself.
Read the full   story here:
http://www.stcd.sgnonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=55400 at unity forums...if  you  can't view it   without registering,  let me know and I'll repost,  but you will be upset by the fact that you   can support a political  canidate in your sig but not your modding community/forum, and that they consider such links to "serve no  purpose other than to  leach members. Last I checked, this  place has a whole lot of purpose. If you decide to support this and send an email,  please post it below,  thankyou!

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
Re: Nightsoft to boycott filefront by end of week
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 02:42:55 am »
Why dont you just send them a screenshot of my sig and me telling them to go f*ck themselves like this: Go f*ck yourselves. Oh, and vote for Bush even if you are a liberal! This message was approved by W.

Offline Major A Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 03:07:17 am »
Starforce. Please feel free to enlighten those over on AFC forum, and don't worry about any flack from anyone (remember who's an admin over there  8) )

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 05:24:19 am »
Starforce. Please feel free to enlighten those over on AFC forum, and don't worry about any flack from anyone (remember who's an admin over there  8) )

Don't believe I'm registered and don't have the link. Dizzy, it's  not about bush...I support kerry myself, but the fact that they allow politcal sigs but not other forums in a sig...lolo. In all honestly I'd love to send them that middle finger on the front of mackies site with "I approve this message"  written under it ;D

Offline Major A Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 09:16:51 pm »
Starforce. I took the liberty of posting a news item on AFC main webpage with a link to your STGD thread. Hope thats okay with you.

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 10:01:38 pm »
yup, celicaro just game me the afc link and I commented. the BC community got their change in rules. It hasn't been given to sfc and armada yet so I'll let it stand. Nightsoft boycott is over.  It's in the hands of SFC and Armada people now. I gave that PR email,  hope  people use it to  get the same for their section of gamingfiles.

Offline radug

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2004, 10:35:26 pm »
I'm not entirely sure why the Admins do not want you to discuss those issues in their forums, but unfortunately they are allowed to censor.  I think they should not censor, but since most boards and chatrooms require you to register yourself with a username, those forums are not considered a public forum.  Non-public forums and chatrooms can reserve the right to censor unwanted content.  Just because they can doesn't mean they are allowed to legally though, so don't confuse the two, but its still issue for debate.  What I think you should do is if they are not willing to give a little, then just leave Filefront.  Go somewhere else, they can't stop ya, and wherever you end up, they won't be able to censor you again.  Hope this helps.    RaduG 

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 11:04:38 pm »
Due to censorship activity by gamingfiles admins at
http://www.gamingforums.com/index.php?

I am going to mention this simply because someone should.. Darkdrone and Chris Jones are both associated with SFC3files.com the last time I checked.  In boycotting any site ran by the group that runs BCU, you're also boycotting a site ran with the help of members of this community who've contributed a lot to SFC.

Just a FYI..
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 01:09:15 am »

Don't believe I'm registered and don't have the link. Dizzy, it's  not about bush...I support kerry myself, but the fact that they allow politcal sigs but not other forums in a sig...lolo. In all honestly I'd love to send them that middle finger on the front of mackies site with "I approve this message"  written under it ;D

I hope this will suffice

(yes i censored it cause the , er, interesting profanity rules we gots here but still)
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 08:45:15 am »
thankyou for that bit of  humor ;D

And alec is right, our communities are linked which is why I posted here.  Someone posting this forum  in the sfc3files forums at filefront (gamingfiles) would have their link deleted. However, it appears they are going to revise the sig rules FORUM WIDE. Waiting for the announcement. They no doubt have some SFC or Armada people crawing up the Public relations dept's @$$ right about now. I'll wait for the official forum announcment however.  This was just absed on the satff forum thread I saw indicating they will allow people to display any game related content in sigs (such as this forum) so long as it is legal.

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2004, 08:57:18 am »
I'm not entirely sure why the Admins do not want you to discuss those issues in their forums, but unfortunately they are allowed to censor.  I think they should not censor, but since most boards and chatrooms require you to register yourself with a username, those forums are not considered a public forum.  Non-public forums and chatrooms can reserve the right to censor unwanted content.  Just because they can doesn't mean they are allowed to legally though, so don't confuse the two, but its still issue for debate.  What I think you should do is if they are not willing to give a little, then just leave Filefront.  Go somewhere else, they can't stop ya, and wherever you end up, they won't be able to censor you again.  Hope this helps.    RaduG 

The problem  is they clain to support games, and technicly that is their purpose.  You  cannot support games if you refuse to  acknowedge other important community hubs, like this and BCU.  Then to go as far as they did and say we serve no purpose other than to  leech members. One could say that is an insult. That is why I posted the one mans email. We give them our files we should be able to tell people where they came from.  Also, ironicly, the admin who issued me a formal  warning (I am a site admin level there) had a  anti-bush sig. Now, I don't care about his choice in canidate,  but the fact that one can have a political  sig, but one cannot have dynaverse or BCU in their sig,  on a forum with a primary purpose of gaming,  is completely absurd. As far as leaving, I have heared   opinions such as "the staff run around like a bunch of 14 year olds" and even seen a high level admin refer to  a member as a  B**** while scolding him  for   minor spamming violation. This violates not only their one staff conduct with regard  to never abusing membership,  but 2 forum   rules (no swearing and no flamming). It is no  wonder they are afraid changing advertising rules will kill their forum. The bottom area of my   letter which is still on unity forums deals with my feelings on that. But hopefully this  show of force that has been going on will result  in a better forum, not a dead one as they do serve a valuable purpose.

intermech

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2004, 10:27:34 pm »
I don't know if I am growing out of this or what, but I'm tired of this baby stuff. Somebody PM me when the nursery clears out.