Topic: some SSD help  (Read 1318 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
some SSD help
« on: October 30, 2004, 07:29:16 pm »
If ph6=phX how many phasers should i give a ship based off of this SSD?

(as you can see im having trouble interperating SSD's)

Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Keep your Sword sharp...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • ...and your intention true.
Re: some SSD help
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 11:24:31 am »
Well in classic SFB terms this is certainly an "Uber" ship, twice as powerful as any BB found in the standard game. These "Type6" phasers according to the table do not seem as powerful as Type 1s, and if Phas X are more powerful than Phas 1s then probaly 2/3 split seems approx right.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 11:29:56 am »
Well, do keep in mind that this ship is 3 eras later than TOS.

But thanks for the help, dude.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Brutal, savage, uncivilised, treacherous.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 11:36:00 am »
You also have to remember that in SFC terms the Excelsior is only a little bit more powerfull than a BC, that SSD is written from the perspective of it being more advanced than an X-ship.
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'.

S33K100: formerly Marauth

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Keep your Sword sharp...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • ...and your intention true.
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 11:36:29 am »
Well, do keep in mind that this ship is 3 eras later than TOS.

But thanks for the help, dude.

Later than TOS? Umean theres other eras?

lol ;D

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 11:43:48 am »
Well in classic SFB terms this is certainly an "Uber" ship, twice as powerful as any BB found in the standard game. These "Type6" phasers according to the table do not seem as powerful as Type 1s, and if Phas X are more powerful than Phas 1s then probaly 2/3 split seems approx right.

And these phasers on the SSD are set up to fire twice during a turn.

Furyofaseraph, if you want to do this SSD as close to how Miller has it drawn out, I would say skip the phaser-X and try this:

Ph-6 #'s 1-8 = 4x Phaser-G2
Ph-6 #'s 9-12 = 2x Phaser-G2
Ph-6 #'s 13-16 = 2x Phaser-G2
Ph-6 #'s 17-20 = 2x Phaser-G2

Photons A-F = 3x Heavy Photon Torpedo
Photons G-L = 3x Heavy Photon Torpedo

Do keep in mind that Mr Miller's SSD's are balanced to his rather odd 10-impulse/turn ruleset, and therefore will not translate neatly to SFC. You might have to tune and tweak a little or a lot to make the power work out (his power fighres are WAY HIGH- but you probably noticed ;D ). Also, due to the rapid shield regeneration of SFC, his shields usually run strong. With the way that this design is made out, the ph-G2's would slice through slields like the ones shown, but only at the closest of ranges.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."