Topic: Anybody seen Dogmatix lately?  (Read 2552 times)

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
Anybody seen Dogmatix lately?
« on: October 06, 2004, 11:47:52 am »
He and I have GOT to talk, anybody got his e-mail?

Sorry for not campaigning anymore, but with all the stuff going on I do not have time, plus I have internet security from hades now and will not let it down to access the dyna, but hello to everyone and hope all is well.

Jack

Offline Mazeppa

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • (Ret.)
Re: Anybody seen Dogmatix lately?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 12:51:15 pm »
He and I have GOT to talk, anybody got his e-mail?

Sorry for not campaigning anymore, but with all the stuff going on I do not have time, plus I have internet security from hades now and will not let it down to access the dyna, but hello to everyone and hope all is well.

Jack

Jack,

Nope.  He drops off the face of the Earth for a time every now and again.  Always comes back.
Mazeppa
Son of K'otv
A Retired But Proud Member of the Klingon Black Fleet

www.uschess.org
www.ochess.org
www.okschess.org

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 01:07:44 pm »
Saw him playing Eve the other day. 
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 09:56:02 pm »
I hope he is still around ..  I reccommended him for a SFC award !!

If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Mazeppa

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • (Ret.)
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 03:51:38 am »

ack.
Mazeppa
Son of K'otv
A Retired But Proud Member of the Klingon Black Fleet

www.uschess.org
www.ochess.org
www.okschess.org

Offline Capt Jeff

• 1AF
  • Lt.
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 06:50:21 am »

ack.

Can't blame him.    With the large amounts of NOTHING going on in SFC land,  other games look better and better all the time.

Anyone have Star Wars Battlefront yet?    If it's  as good as it looks, I may just become some "rebel scum"...LOL
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 07:49:45 am by Capt Jeff »
Capt Jeff

Former SFC2.NET Administrator
C.O., Heavy Command Cruiser
USS Crasher NCC 1733

1AF---Friendship, Honor, Fun.  It's what we Play For.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 07:42:24 am »

Anyone have Star Wars Battlefront yet?    If it's  as good as it gets, I may just become some "rebel scum"...LOL

Kroma and his son blew up their X-Box powersupply playing it so I assume it's great in multi-player ;D

What about "Jump to Lightspeed?"   Do i have to spend 4 weeks in a freighter before i can fly something cool?  That's what turns me off about MMORPGs, the equivelant of  "PP Farming" that you have to do for weeks before you jump into the action.

Am I the only one who gets burnt out and actually enjoys the breaks?   Granted this current hiatus is way longer than we had planned.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Capt Jeff

• 1AF
  • Lt.
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 07:56:39 am »

Am I the only one who gets burnt out and actually enjoys the breaks?   Granted this current hiatus is way longer than we had planned.

I would guess that there are several people out there like me who have a hour or more on a regular basis that they have to goof off.  If there is nothing happeneing here, then they find something else to do.  For me, it's been catching up on seasons 3 and 4 of Futurama and other things (Star Wars DVD).   I'm sure others find other games to fool around on.   The question is, that when something does start up here, will everyone come back to play, or will players, out of boredom, trickle away and not come back.....
Capt Jeff

USS Crasher NCC 1733

Offline Mog

• Lt.
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2004, 08:11:57 am »

ack.

Can't blame him.    With the large amounts of NOTHING going on in SFC land,  other games look better and better all the time.

I agree with Jeffypoos.
Merriment is All

Fear the Meow!

Offline FPF-AJTK

• You make it to the second commercial if your a
  • Lt.
  • Founding Member of the BLUE PLAGUE
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2004, 11:05:52 am »
K'Vet now as well! Looks like as SFC server in the CSA channel,lol!
RE-VER-SE: To move backwards, retrograde; movement that is not forward in nature.

[img]http://pages.sbcglobal.net/wanderer/_uimages/AJTK.jpg

Offline KBF-Dogmatix_XC

• Pimpmaster General
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2004, 10:05:11 pm »
Hey guys....

I have been working a hell of a lot...12+ hour days.  In addition to that, my mom just had a cancerous tumor removed from one of her lymph glands.  We don't have a full diagnosis yet, but the first doc said it was stage four.  I had family in from out of town for a few weeks , so I spent a lot of time with them.

I've been busy with RL, obviously....but I won't lie.  I have been playing EVE when I do get some free time.  I haven;t wanted to speak about it much in the community because while I would love to see more of you join us there, I don't want to do anything detrimental to what remains of the SFC community.  I still ove the game....just need a break from it.   Life is different for me in EVE....a lot less pressure and I need that with my current RL situation.

I miss all of you a lot...and I still dig SFC....but for the first time in almost 5 years...another game has my attention. 

I  hope y'all don't think any less of me....though it seems like my standing in this community has dropped pretty steadily this year, anyway.  I've taken the "karma ratings" a bit hard, I guess.  I know it's stupid, but I care what people think of me.  :)

We've started a corporation (Dynaverse Corporation - DYNAC), f any of you wish to join us.  My EVE callsign is Kralor Darkilon, if you want to look me up.

As Maz says...I drop off the face of the Earth from time to time, but I always come back.  :D

Dogmatix, XC, KBF
yo' aj, Klingon Black Fleet
Director, XenoCorp Tactics and Strategy Division
DGA Board of Directors
SFC2.Net Administrator

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2004, 10:26:12 pm »
I also enjoy the breaks DH, and I agree that this one has been a bit long.  Tried to get on  EVE  but my video card isn't supported so I wrote it off.

Doggy don't worry too much about that Karma thing, I'd rather be true to my views in my posts than cater to someone else's whims in search of positive karma.  If they like it fine and dandy, if they don't so what?  I judge my standing by the reactions of people who do post and talk to me rather than that of some player who clicks the Karma button anonimously.

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2004, 10:49:14 pm »
Seriously Dog,
Why worry about Karma?
The most obvious point of it's uselessness as a measuring point for quality of posts is
that I seem to have so much of it.

EDIT:
Oh and Chuut -It's my bad,
I can't find a karma button that's lets you know it's me trashing your posts..  ;D

EDIT THE SECOND

NEGATIVE 19???
I haven't posted anything in a week and I've lost Karma points?
What are you guys dragging up my old posts and zapping me?

Jealous obviously...  ::)
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 12:28:31 am »
Yeah, I've bought another game, Neverwinter Nights, and it kinda has my attention, but only because there's no server up.  I'm definately not tossing that to the shelf like I did Homeworld 2 though.

I just wish my laptop's video card didn't suck.  16 megs video ram, come on!

Anyway, I don't see why the community's so uppity about EVE.  It's what most of us want SFC to be eventually, except pay-to-play.  Perhaps by the time another company gets around to making SFC how we really truly want it, the server demands will be more common and it won't need to be pay-to-play online.

Anyway, Doggy, I hear ya about RL taking precidence.  In the past 6 months my dad went from alive and well to bedridden with cancer (Burkitt's Lymphoma for the curious) to dead.  If anyone's noticed my absence between like June and August, that's why.  It's just taken me this long to inform y'all about stuff.  I've tried to keep my real life and online life separate.

Another thing I've been doing in the hiatus between servers is talk online.  I've met a couple chicks and... well...  I'm still looking ::)

Sorry about the hijack, glad to see you're still checking things out :thumbsup: and remember, you're always welcome!
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline Capt Jeff

• 1AF
  • Lt.
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2004, 05:19:29 am »
Dang Doggy, I hope your mom pulls through A-OK.

Also, what are you talking about thinking less of you?   LOL, you are DA BOMB !!!  and always will be as far as I'm concerned.   

:gg:
Capt Jeff

USS Crasher NCC 1733

Offline Laflin

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2004, 09:10:04 am »
I  hope y'all don't think any less of me....though it seems like my standing in this community has dropped pretty steadily this year, anyway.  I've taken the "karma ratings" a bit hard, I guess.  I know it's stupid, but I care what people think of me.  :)

<Resists urge to make a smartass comment>  ;D

Offline Cleaven

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2004, 06:00:54 am »
Hey guys....

I have been working a hell of a lot...12+ hour days.  In addition to that, my mom just had a cancerous tumor removed from one of her lymph glands.  We don't have a full diagnosis yet, but the first doc said it was stage four.  I had family in from out of town for a few weeks , so I spent a lot of time with them.

I've been busy with RL, obviously....but I won't lie.  I have been playing EVE when I do get some free time.  I haven;t wanted to speak about it much in the community because while I would love to see more of you join us there, I don't want to do anything detrimental to what remains of the SFC community.  I still ove the game....just need a break from it.   Life is different for me in EVE....a lot less pressure and I need that with my current RL situation.

I miss all of you a lot...and I still dig SFC....but for the first time in almost 5 years...another game has my attention. 

We've started a corporation (Dynaverse Corporation - DYNAC), f any of you wish to join us.  My EVE callsign is Kralor Darkilon, if you want to look me up.

As Maz says...I drop off the face of the Earth from time to time, but I always come back.  :D

Well let's see. I've started playing a lot more SFB and I'm giving away CD's with the SFB cadet's stuff on it. I've bought a new WW2 PC game which is pure board gaming regimental warfare and having PBEM fun. And today I went and bought a new set of Napoleonic rules, I just have to motivate myself to drag out my miniatures and rebase them. But I don't intend to delete SFC off my PC and will motivate myself to return, probably once I've got my SFB fix sated.

Not sure I can be bothered, but as you are the Doc, can you run an AI standard patrol in 2 minutes in a KRC? If so, there is no problem and I am utterly wrong. If you cannot, then the KRC is a worse ship for AI missions than ones I know can.

Offline KBFTrajan

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2004, 08:23:42 am »
Like Dogmatix another game right now has my attention, Rome Total War, which i find enjoyable, and needed a break from SFC as well. Hope your mom makes a full recovery from Lymphoma, i know i had it ten years ago, and beat it.

KBF Trajan