Topic: Enhancing The Tholian and Andromedan Ships  (Read 2412 times)

Offline chrisb

• Lt. Junior Grade
Enhancing The Tholian and Andromedan Ships
« on: August 30, 2004, 06:33:24 pm »
I have downloaded several mods that include Tholian and Andromedan ships with with weapons and other items replaced with items currently in the game. For the Tholians its usually plasma torpedoes replacing web casters, snares, and generators. For the Andromedans, its Shields replacing the EA panels. I was wondering if someone was working on an update that would actually incorporate there original weapons and technology into the game? I was also wondering if there was a way to easily modify the weapons used in the game?

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
Re: Enhancing The Tholian and Andromedan Ships
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 07:20:35 pm »
Without the source code what you are asking isn't possible. If you look at the "any news on the source code" thread (http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163343938.0.html) in the general forum, you'll see some of what could be coming.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline chrisb

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 07:38:12 pm »
Thanks Rod. Its amazing how complicated some things can become.

Offline Merlinfmct87

• When I am dead, I hope it is said, 'His sins were scarlet and his books were read'. --Hillaire Belloc
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Riding Headfirst into a Hurricane...
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 09:01:16 pm »
TELL me about it.

Merlin
Learned the Heart's Filthy Lesson from Joshua Watcher.

The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world own shame.
-Oscar Wilde

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'
-Bob Newhart

Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.
-Victor Hugo

He Took it all too far..but boy could he play guitar
-David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 08:41:30 pm »
There is a vary serious and off the beaten path approach to implementing Andro's in SFCOP being discussed in the SGODev forums. It involves script changes among other things and so far has the best chance of giving the andro's the distinctiveness they need in order to work. As a result, you will most likely only a mod for them show up working on a dyna server. This, however, is a long way off.

Other than that, wait for the release of the .exe code and then dont hold your breath. ;)

Offline Merlinfmct87

• When I am dead, I hope it is said, 'His sins were scarlet and his books were read'. --Hillaire Belloc
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Riding Headfirst into a Hurricane...
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 11:26:26 pm »
Something UAW is attempting :)

Merlin
Learned the Heart's Filthy Lesson from Joshua Watcher.

The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world own shame.
-Oscar Wilde

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'
-Bob Newhart

Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.
-Victor Hugo

He Took it all too far..but boy could he play guitar
-David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust