Topic: Lord Schupp's Ships . . Heremes & Antares  (Read 2928 times)

Offline Arcanum

• Lt. Junior Grade
Lord Schupp's Ships . . Heremes & Antares
« on: August 12, 2004, 01:03:49 pm »
Hey Gang,

Did Lord Schupps USS Heremes (Saladin variant) or the USS Antares ever get released . .  I did some post searching and found the WIPs but no links and his board still has them as WIPs, but I did find the Pegasus flak ship in a back post with a DL link that worked . . and its still listed as a WIP

USS Antares (pics in the thread)
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,16315487.0.html

USS Hermes (pics in the thread)
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163225916.0.html

I did find the USS Pegasus (link in there)
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163237672.0.html

Anyone have the Antares or the Hermes by Lord Schupp? I cant seem to find a DL link

Offline Darth Chandley

• Naval Architect
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Lord Schupp's Ships . . Heremes & Antares
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 02:37:33 pm »
AFAIK the Hermes was released as the Pegasus but there's still no word on the Antares.... Unfortunately
Sailors fighting in the dance hall, Oh man! Look at those cavemen go
It's the freakiest show
Take a look at the Lawman beating up the wrong guy, Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
He's in the best selling show
Is there life on Mars?

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Keep your Sword sharp...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • ...and your intention true.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 03:51:21 pm »
Here is a DL link to the Hermes Class scout, sorry i havnt updated the site in so long. I screwed up plans for the new website (sigh)

http://www.frost-works.com/schtupp/zips/TOS_FDDAPEG_Pegasus_V1_1024.zip

Offline Arcanum

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 04:08:48 pm »
  :) Thanks Lord Schupp  :D

sorry to hear the new website isnt/didnt work  :'(
Just grabed her now

Offline zerosnark

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 06:24:23 pm »
The Antares is a cool, very cool ship.

I am thinking a FF varient. . .take a FF (not FFG), add 2 shuttle and 10 cargo. . ..

Offline Rhaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 08:00:25 pm »
I too have been waiting for the Antares - please release it!

Offline zerosnark

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 08:08:31 am »
I have been a big fan of the Schupp destroyers: Although non-canon, I like the addition of the Shuttle on the Engine pylon. Makes very good sense. I mean.. . the shuttles have to go SOMEWHERE.

I also like the additions of the sensors for the drone ships. . . .

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 10:08:04 am »
I have been a big fan of the Schupp destroyers: Although non-canon, I like the addition of the Shuttle on the Engine pylon. Makes very good sense. I mean.. . the shuttles have to go SOMEWHERE.
I also like the additions of the sensors for the drone ships. . . .

I'm also a big fan of his work.. the nice thing about it is that it not only looks plausible when it's done, he's made it look so clean that it looks like it always *was* there in the designs.  The little details with the shuttle bay is just beautiful. 

The only other way to put in shuttles would've been either a top lauchpad on the saucer (which probably would've been the canon approach given designs at the time), or else a dropbay under it.  But neither approach would get the kind of detail LS has put into his approach.

And the AWAC-style dome and side sensors really (again) look canon.  Guess that's what I like the most about his work.. he makes non-canon really look like it always was canon, just never seen on the show because of budget considerations.  :)

And the way he meshes really makes it easy to kitbash his stuff too.. all in all, his work just makes what you do with it look good.  ;)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 06:11:54 pm »
Awesome compliments  - Thank you. Ive started work on the Antares again. First time Ive opened up MAX in 6 months or so, last saved file on the antares is feb 2003 lol  ::)

I only wish that I hadnt let some ppl down (one person esp) on some things I had promised to do but did not deliver - I am sorry  :(

Offline zerosnark

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2004, 06:38:08 pm »
Let people down?

:notworthy:   DUDE! Your models ROCK!  [/shadow] :notworthy:

Release the Antares, and all shall be forgiven.  :rwoot:

. . . . . But on another note;

. . . .I was thinking about the Antares and how this design fits in with the other Star Fleet ships. As a concept, this ship is awesome. One flaw (which Lord S copied faithfully from the prototype drawings) I see is that the engines are in the same plane as the center of mass of the ship.

If you look at all the other Fed and Klingon Canon TOS designs, the engine nacelles are significantly above or below the ships center of mass. There are a few notable exceptions to this. . .but . .

I think if the Antares had the warp engines canted 45 degrees up, then the design would be perfect.

. . . . .But on the third hand.. .

I want this ship just as it was drawn.  . . ;D

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2004, 06:46:48 pm »
That can be easily kitbashed...wait till i have fun with the Antares...I already can think of 8 versions, and thats just in the Nacelles.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2004, 08:29:29 pm »
Are you ever going to release "clean" detailed versions of the new Conny and Hermes/Pegasus? I'm asking because I really want to get to texturing them for Terran Imperial Use, thanks to my new Jeffries Extended Font (used in the Enterprise Title sequence) and MS Word... ;D

I can't wait for the Antares...AND that Kitty Hawk you also abandoned. ;)

j/k
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline Rhaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2004, 09:09:34 pm »
Awesome compliments  - Thank you. Ive started work on the Antares again. First time Ive opened up MAX in 6 months or so, last saved file on the antares is feb 2003 lol  ::)

I only wish that I hadnt let some ppl down (one person esp) on some things I had promised to do but did not deliver - I am sorry  :(

Woot  :rwoot: This is great news!

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2004, 09:17:35 pm »
Are you ever going to release "clean" detailed versions of the new Conny and Hermes/Pegasus? I'm asking because I really want to get to texturing them for Terran Imperial Use, thanks to my new Jeffries Extended Font (used in the Enterprise Title sequence) and MS Word... ;D

j/k

You mean a texture set with no reg/markings? Yes I can do that but remind me after I release the Antares. One of my many problems is that I go in too many directions and I have real difficulty staying focused anyway, obviously.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2004, 09:29:00 pm »

You'd mentioned some stuff for me a long while back, but I'm also going to mention this ... this is only a hobby.

If it weren't for what you've done already, almost all of the TOS kitbashes I've done to date would not exist.  And I'm planning on using your Connie in many more to come.. have a few ideas kicking around in my head that I really should write down.  (cough*shipyard*cough).  :)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2004, 10:48:56 pm »
Amen to that.  As much as I LOVE seeing models outputted for any version of SFC, and how we all know that the continuation of our little community here is helped by it, IT STILL ISN'T worth it to make it more than just a hobby...

... unless you have some serious commerical or vocational goals here, and in which case, GO FOR IT!!!

What you've posted already is appreciated and even now, they are still considered great art and of the highest technical quality.  So, have fun!

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2004, 09:30:18 am »

Hi Lord Schtupp;
  Its nice to see you back doing that which you were mean't to do so well and taking the time to enjoy it. After all this is a hobby for many of us and and release you send our way we are very gratefull for.  I know what you mean by losing focus I do it when I'm doing Starship schematics so many things to do like bottom views and cross-sections and so little time and warp engines got to get some more warp engines drawn. The important thing is that you enjoy your hobby and don't worry what other think you've got to please your self and we will wait patiently and jump for joy on that day that you release a new ship. PS After the Antares if you could see your way to working on the Kitty Hawk It would be greatly appreciated.  ;D  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :woot:

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2004, 10:32:27 am »

feb 2003? wow, that is pathetic  ;D :D  Any chance I can get your new email addy? the one on your site don't work

Offline QobnuH

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2004, 12:23:30 pm »
WOW!! Great news. Schupp's Antares has been  a TOS "Holy Grail" for a long,long time now. Can't wait to get that in game.
Then a Thasian ship (or at least a big floating head maybe) and its time for a Charlie-X scenario.

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2004, 03:44:29 pm »

j/k

You mean a texture set with no reg/markings? Yes I can do that but remind me after I release the Antares. One of my many problems is that I go in too many directions and I have real difficulty staying focused anyway, obviously.

Actually, I was talking about a set with no weathering too (but having the details from your latest version). Just a "clean" set for the Pegasus (minus saucer and nacelle, I have the Saladin's already,) would be great, but I'd also like a clean Conny when you can.

Good luck with the Antares and Kitty Hawk!
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712