Topic: drone problem  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
drone problem
« on: August 09, 2004, 08:50:39 am »
in eaw i discover a problem with the drone, at the base i buy drone and i supose to have 56 but when i take a mission i check my drone and discover that i don't have all the drone, just a few but the next mission it seem that i have more and if i try to have the full load i might have it, its verry anoying when you have a drone ship and discover during the mission your out of drone. i have the latest patch so it there a way to have the full load of drone during a mission?.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
Re: drone problem
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 09:02:51 am »
Don't you have to do the shortcut redirect for EAW as well? Make sure that your shortcut is pointed to "StarFleet2.exe" That's all that I can think of that might help.

If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 11:45:23 am »
i have the right icon, the problem is when i re suply my ship with drone i supose to have 56 drone but when i go on a mission after that i have just a few drone, after one shot i run out of drone, its anoying when you have only 3 phaser to defend with.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 01:27:12 pm »
I understand what you are saying that your problem is. I've had that problem before, but not recently. I'm assuming that you have your game fully patched so I was thinking that maybe you were using the wrong .exe. One other possibilty that I can think of is make sure that you don't have any saved campaigns from before any patching that you've done. It's always best to start with a clean install and patch before you play the game. You might try removing and reinstalling/patching.

I wish that I could think of something else other than make sure you have the latest patch on a freshly installed game and that you are using the correct .exe. If you are, then I have no idea. Hopefully someone else has other advice.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 05:16:20 pm »
Because I'm not sure, which SFC game are you referring to here? EAW, OP, SFC3?
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 05:19:59 pm »
eaw, i sayd it in my first post (i should have made it biger ;D)

well i just play with the drone so i can have a good amout of missile before i do a mission, one hard impossible misson is: you're not welcome, you have to destroye a base and run away before the other ship come and destroyed you, unless you have good battlecruiser or dreadnought or battle ship.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 07:13:24 pm »
When you buy your drones at the supply dock as well as with everything else you are suppose to click ok and make sure it reads 0 after your purchase.When you do another mission the game automaticly resupplies your ship with drones.This is when you move to another hex.You did not complete your transaction in supply dock.I hope this helps.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 07:34:21 pm »
i did but it seem that i have to play whit the amount of drone so i can have a good number before i go into another mission.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 08:57:30 pm »
Don are you using a Modified shiplist.That could be the problem please explain it again only describe it in detail.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 09:24:21 pm by EFF Age »

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 09:01:10 pm »
Don...when you load up yer game and fly a carrier..do all fighters appear?

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 09:40:59 am »
the problem is when i re supply the ship with drone it says i have 56 drone, i click OK and its still show 56 drone, but when i chose a mission i have not 56 drone and its annoying when you only have phaser to defend yourself with.

i don't have carrier yet, i keep loosing ship  ;D, i got a light cruiser and intend to keep it so i get enough prestige point to buy a  heavy cruiser.

Offline KBF-Crim

• Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2004, 10:20:49 am »
Don...I understand...

But I want some more information...

Start your game(Off line).....go to mutli player....host game.......choose carrier.....launch game....launch fighters....note if they appear....report back...

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2004, 03:19:04 pm »
Don is just a single player Crim.I need more information in order to help him as well like is this an edited shiplist.There should be an even number of drones not 56.What ship are you useing.I would suggest switching ships for now and playing with a different ship.

I know you want to stick with that ship but it might have a bug in it if it has been edited.

Offline Julin Eurthyr

• Veltrassi Ambassador at Large
  • Lt. Commander
  • Back in Exile due to Win 7 - ISC RM/Strat Com.
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2004, 05:02:20 pm »
Okay...

How many drone racks do you have on your ship?

Because if you have 56 drones in the supply dock, that is the total for all the launchers on your ship.

Since you can only read the drone supply on a per-rack basis, it probably will always be less (unless it's a 1 drone rack ship)

Also, I'm interested?  Is this stock, a modified shiplist like OP+ or something of your own creation.

AKA: Koloth Kinshaya - Lord of the House Kinshaya in the Klingon Empire
S'Leth - Romulan Admiral
Some anonymous strongman in Prime Industries

Offline KBF-Crim

• Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2004, 07:00:11 pm »
Don is just a single player Crim.

Grrr...I KNOW THAT....did YOU know you can also play multiplayer skirmish scripts OFFLINE?

I need more information in order to help him as well like is this an edited shiplist.There should be an even number of drones not 56.What ship are you useing.I would suggest switching ships for now and playing with a different ship.

I know you want to stick with that ship but it might have a bug in it if it has been edited.[/color]

I dont care about any of that....I Just wanna know if fighters work... :-\

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2004, 08:33:41 am »
the fighter are working,the shiplist is a custome made, the ship is a f-clx light cruiser 1 drone rack shooting 3 each time for a total of 60 drone, well i think i have fix it, i just go to the minimum and then go to the max and its ok.

Offline KBF-Crim

• Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2004, 09:33:44 am »
AH...ok thanks don...